+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast
Like Tree67Likes

Thread: AI 11 Phillip Phillips

Re: AI 11 Phillip Phillips

Phillip will be performing tonight before the MLB game if anyone wants to check it out (also Kellie Pickler):

Stars are lining up for Major League Baseball's All-Star Game next week in Kansas City.

Country singer Luke Bryan will sing the national anthem and country artist Kellie Pickler will perform "God Bless America" during the 7th inning stretch.

Before the game, "American Idol" winner Phillip Phillips is planning a special on-field performance of his song "Home." A tribute will play during the song that highlights tornado recovery efforts in nearby Joplin, Mo., and Tuscaloosa, Ala. Habitat for Humanity is building nine new homes for low-income families in those areas.

All three performances as well as the All-Star Game will air Tuesday on Fox.
    Luke Bryan, Phillip Phillips To Perform at MLB All-Star Game - The 615 | Billboard.com
    JavaJo likes this.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

I loved that NBC played his inaugural "Home" song as the overlay for the women's gymnastic team in the Olympics. I really love that song.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

FORT Fogey

I heard that the song really jumped in popularity as a result of the Olympic coverage.

American Idol should thank NBC for helping boost Home's popularity and sales. I went to the see the Tour in Portland, Phillip, with backup vocals by Colton and DeAndre, had the audience into it with "Home." He didn't come out until the ending of the second act, but the Portland audience loved him.

September 4th has been announced as the ay that Kelly Ripa will unveil her new co-host. Phillip will be one of the guests on that day.

Add ABC to the list of "Home" boosters as it played on the DWTS Results show over the final credits.

ETA: 10-4-12: A snippit of this song was played on LIVE! today when Michael Strahan's mom was introduced. It seems to be becoming the "go to" song when you want emotional punch.
    Last edited by Arielflies; 10-04-2012 at 05:03 PM.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

This being a FOX event, an American Idol has once again been asked to sing the Star Spangled Banner at the World Series Opening Game. Philip played a guitar riff underneath the acoustic vocal showing his range with a really good rendition.

FORT Fogey

He was excellent....

Philip has launched his album - The World From The Side of The Moon. Today his album is showing at #2 on itunes right behind Alicia Keye's Girl on Fire.

I heard on the news this morning that his single, Home, has gone triple platinum. That doesn't surprise me as it is being used as background or theme music. The latest place I heard it was commercials for Extreme Makeover Home Edition.

I think his first week sales for the album was around 179,000.

+ Reply to Thread