+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: AI 11 Joshua Ledet

Re: AI 11 Joshua Ledet

I just want to post so this guy gets a well deserved second page in this thread My God can he sing! To me, his voice is a total throwback to the soul singers of the 70's...Marvin Gaye, Teddy Pendergrass...there's really nobody out there like him now and I just love him! I hope he sticks around. I'm afraid the tweens that vote won't get it, but as long as he's around long enough to catch the right people's attention it won't matter. This is one show that has proved you don't have to come in first to launch a career.

ETA - dang it, still no second page yet

ETA again - I guess that last line did it!!
    Fanny Mare likes this.
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

I'll add to the posts too, Katydyd! This young man so far, is my favorite this season. He deserved the judges standing ovation last night.
    bee stung lips and Katydyd like this.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

I love that they stood up halfway through the song, not just after. He gave something (the flower from his lapel?) to a girl in the front row after he sang and the look on Jenifer's face as she watched him do that was adorable.
    Count your blessings!

Add me to the list of people who LOVE Joshua! And I have from the start.

He blew me away this week! I always knew he had a voice, but wow. I hope he continues to do well and I'll continue to vote for him.

Who is John Galt?

WOW!! He gave me chills! LOVE LOVE LOVE HIM. At this point, it is his to lose.
    angelic_one2002 likes this.

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

I couldn't figure out how this guy made it to the top 12. I really wasn't feeling it. Until, last week. His last two performances have been fantastic. I'm now feeling the love.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David View Post
    I couldn't figure out how this guy made it to the top 12. I really wasn't feeling it. Until, last week. His last two performances have been fantastic. I'm now feeling the love.
    I agree, but in the long run, he's going to have to figure out a way to nonchurchify his performances or he's going to get caught in the Pia trap.

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    I agree, but in the long run, he's going to have to figure out a way to nonchurchify his performances or he's going to get caught in the Pia trap.
    And he has the ability! His phrasing during Percy Sledges's When a Man Loves a Woman was incredible. Now, he credited Michael Bolton for the song so I'm not sure if that was Joshua's phrasing or Michael's, but, if it was Joshua's, he has the chops to give life to any genre of song. I look forward to his rendition next week.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

I think he might be able to pull in some of the younger girls who vote. He's freaking adorable!! And if he keeps doing what he's done the last two weeks, he might just end up in the finale.
    angelic_one2002 likes this.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast