+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: AI 11 Jermaine Jones

Re: AI 11 Jermaine Jones

Awww. I'll have to look for that interview. I still maintain that we don't know the whole story, nor do we know the tribulations of a man of color, that size, in the area where the incidents occurred. I am willing to give him the benefit of the doubt and hope his brief exposure opens doors for him.
    mesachick and Fanny Mare like this.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by lorac7 View Post
    Watched Jermaine on HLN Showbiz Tonight being interviewed by A J Hammer, he's explaining his side of the story. He sounds very articulate & stated that the application he filled out for AI he marked that he had been arrested, also that he had a lawyer & thought everything was ok. He mentioned that when he did not make the top 24 & then was asked back he spoke with AI lawyers & thought they had fully investigated him. He also had no idea his meeting with the TPTB would air on the show. Glad to say he did not sound bitter & was grateful for the experience. I wish him the best & hope he continues to pursue his dreams in music.
    So, the show knew? Typical AI .I wish him well( even more now ) that I know the show used him.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    So, the show knew? Typical AI .I wish him well( even more now ) that I know the show used him.
    That's his story. He evidently lied about the warrants & lied about his dad, why would he not lie about this?

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    That's his story. He evidently lied about the warrants & lied about his dad, why would he not lie about this?
    Because I dont see AI refuting the fact that he told them about this and they said get yourself to a lawyer! if this were untrue The AI machine would be out there right now. As for his dad, that went away fast didnt it? maybe his dad was lying. I have made up my own mind, and I wish him well
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    Because I dont see AI refuting the fact that he told them about this and they said get yourself to a lawyer! if this were untrue The AI machine would be out there right now. As for his dad, that went away fast didnt it? maybe his dad was lying. I have made up my own mind, and I wish him well
    I'm with ya FM. I read the article from his interview yesterday, and he said that he did circle the part where it asked if he'd had issues with the law. Seems like if AI had noticed that he did, they would have looked into it during the audition rounds. I think AI over reacted tbh. A lot of kids have troubled pasts, and its not like he did anything violent. What's done is done. I wish him the best too.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

FORT Fogey

I can't see AI letting Jermaine go unless they had cause. He was good TV, e.g. gentle giant with a big voice, etc., and the show will be more bland/weaker without hime.

Still, I like him and wish this wouldn't have happened. He's just a young guy making his way who made a few bad decisions. He could have earned enough ka-ching on the live tour and perhaps gotten his feet on the ground. Very, very unfortunate.

If AI made a mistake, I would love for it to fess up and bring him back again. That would actually help redeem AI in my eyes for having sent him home. I understand rules are rules, but man. Cut the kid some slack.

Sidenote: I would have much rather kept Jermaine and sent both of the girls in the bottom two home.
    mesachick likes this.

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

I don't miss him. To me, he doesn't have a soloist's voice. He would be best as part of a group.
    Shoepie likes this.

FORT Fogey

NCAA (amateur) teams keep players who've done similar or worse - wish he hadn't gone!! Pro teams ditto, but these kids are not pros yet.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much View Post
    So do you think the other kids will be given a pass this week as he is the one removed?
    If you meant to ask will someone be spared from going home because there already was an 'elimination', I guess you already know the answer. My guess is that IF they do Idol Gives Back this year, they can chose to send no one home, make it even more dramatic and still end up with the same number of episodes.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456