+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: AI 11 Jermaine Jones

Re: AI 11 Jermaine Jones

His father contacted the show to rebut that he had abandoned him? And Jermaine tweeted he did not tell the show that? I wonder if his mother told the show that. Weird. I'm not sure what to think about the dad. Why would he contact the show to tell them his son is a liar if everything is as hunky dorey as the father wants people to believe?

There are a realm of possibilities, this family seems very dysfunctional.I hope Jermaine can be helped, and perhaps have a singing career .He looks happy when he is singing, and everyone deserves some happy
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    He wasn't a wildcard. He was voted into the Top 10.
    Yes he was. He was cut in Hollywood or Vegas or wherever they were at that time. Then they wanted to bring another guy back...a wildcard...and the judges chose Jermaine over Johnny, the young black kid and another guy. THEN he was voted into the top 10, but he wasn't originally picked to appear on the show by the judges.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo View Post
    Yes he was. He was cut in Hollywood or Vegas or wherever they were at that time. Then they wanted to bring another guy back...a wildcard...and the judges chose Jermaine over Johnny, the young black kid and another guy. THEN he was voted into the top 10, but he wasn't originally picked to appear on the show by the judges.
    So we are both right.

Wow! One would think the show would check out the contestants better. *IF* Jermaine was lying, surely there were signs. I feel bad for someone who missed out because of this. Will be interesting to see how this plays out tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by YellowRose View Post
    Wow! One would think the show would check out the contestants better. *IF* Jermaine was lying, surely there were signs. I feel bad for someone who missed out because of this. Will be interesting to see how this plays out tonight.
    If the guy is giving false names to law enforcement it makes it more difficult to find these things out. I have to "assume" someone in law enforcement recognized him & alerted the show.

I though the whole thing was handled pretty well last night.

Quote Originally Posted by YellowRose View Post
    I still dont think we needed to see it, but Jermaine handled himself very well . I wish him well
    mesachick and its_glinda_now like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt, but it seems to me like he makes a habit of lying to get what he wants. That's not an attractive characteristic and he's old enough to have moved past that kind of behavior.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Did anyone hear anything today re: a followup about him? I thought I saw a headline somewhere saying he was fleeing to Philly? Can't find it now though...

He seems a little "off" to me, and it made me wonder if they did the confrontation on camera for some sense of security and/or to avoid problems in the future (documenting what actually was said)? It still didn't have to be aired, so I'm not sure about that.

Watched Jermaine on HLN Showbiz Tonight being interviewed by A J Hammer, he's explaining his side of the story. He sounds very articulate & stated that the application he filled out for AI he marked that he had been arrested, also that he had a lawyer & thought everything was ok. He mentioned that when he did not make the top 24 & then was asked back he spoke with AI lawyers & thought they had fully investigated him. He also had no idea his meeting with the TPTB would air on the show. Glad to say he did not sound bitter & was grateful for the experience. I wish him the best & hope he continues to pursue his dreams in music.
    mesachick likes this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast