+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: AI 11 Jermaine Jones

Re: AI 11 Jermaine Jones

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    Poor guy. I'm sorry to see him go even though I knew he wasn't going to make it all the way. I still think he's a little slow and wonder if his mom played any part in this. She seemed overly-invested.
    He did seem slow, he never seemed to get what was going on around him, or what was being said. I thought he and his mum were just a bit too close. I wish they would just tell us, do we need to see any of the footage, really?
    Last edited by Fanny Mare; 03-14-2012 at 09:59 AM.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    Hi, it's me Jermaine. I'm on National TV....Ooops, I have warrants out for me. Now they know where I am. I just can't imagine it can get any more idiotic than this.
    Nope, not really! What can ya even say to that? There are really no words for how moronic he was, if that part's true.

On a side note... If this were a tackier show (heh), I would be all for them letting him have an exit montage played to "I Fought the Law and the Law Won."

He tweeted, "Awww I will no longer b on the show," .I dont know if he even gets all this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    He tweeted, "Awww I will no longer b on the show," .I dont know if he even gets all this.
    It doesn't really seem like it, does it? You would think the reaction would be more along the lines of "Oh no, I might go to jail!" Priorities and all that... In fairness though, maybe that part of the TMZ story is untrue.

Based on the report that AI wanted to show the "confrontation" on air, that makes me think he did get it. If he didn't, no confrontation, just confusion.

I read elsewhere someone (likely TPTB) deleted his account. Is that true? I don't know what his ID is, so I have no clue.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lorac7 View Post
    Wow this is unreal. You'd think that with all the money this show makes & the people they could hire to investigate the contestants these situations could be avoided before they select the top 24. Personally I think they knew & wanted the added drama since the ratings are not what they used to be. Whatever, I hope he can straighten out his life.
    Seriously! I could see not doing background checks on everyone that makes it through to Hollywood but once the final cuts are being made, you'd think they would check into the contestants to make sure there are no skeletons waiting to pop out of their closet.

I wouldn't have chosen Jermaine as the wild card anyway but it makes me sick that he took the spot of another person hoping for that wildcard slot and now he's been disqualified.

Here is the latest update from TMZ with a fuller explanation.
    Click to see Spoiler:

Jermaine Jones Will Be Kicked Off 'American Idol' | TMZ.com

Jermaine Jones will be kicked off "American Idol" Wednesday night, after producers learned he concealed the fact that he was arrested twice last year and has outstanding warrants ... TMZ has learned.

As we first reported, producers discovered Tuesday that Jermaine had lied about his criminal history and that triggered the decision to confront him on camera Tuesday afternoon.

We're told one of the incidents involved violence, which was particularly troublesome to producers. He also lied to cops by giving them fake names both times he was arrested.

"A.I." sources tell us ... Jermaine will appear on the show tomorrow night before he is sent packing.

Over the last few days, we've been reporting that Jermaine told producers his father abandoned him 10 years ago, but his dad called TMZ and called B.S. on his son, saying they see each other regularly.

Jermaine began tweeting that he never told producers about his dad abandoning him. We're told the producers -- who knew Jermaine had made the statement -- became generally suspicious and began looking more closely at his background, and that's what led to the revelation of his criminal history.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

FORT Fogey

Oh come on TMZ.....they don't do background checks as part of the normal procedure???? If I was the father of one of the young kids and my daughter was performing and my wife was there as her chaperone, I would not be thrilled with AI to learn that my family was close by someone with violence in his background.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Reply to Arielflies spoiler post:

Click to see Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    We're told one of the incidents involved violence, which was particularly troublesome to producers.
    That's kind of funny in light of the cowboy dude (Ritchie?) hitting him when they were working together. If he had known that Jermaine had warrants out for his arrests and they involved violence, I bet he would have kept pounding on him after Jermaine told him to cut it out!

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    Seriously! I could see not doing background checks on everyone that makes it through to Hollywood but once the final cuts are being made, you'd think they would check into the contestants to make sure there are no skeletons waiting to pop out of their closet.

I wouldn't have chosen Jermaine as the wild card anyway but it makes me sick that he took the spot of another person hoping for that wildcard slot and now he's been disqualified.
    He wasn't a wildcard. He was voted into the Top 10.

FORT Fogey

So do you think the other kids will be given a pass this week as he is the one removed?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast