+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: AI 11 Jermaine Jones

Re: AI 11 Jermaine Jones

I haven't voted at all yet, but I'll be starting to vote for him next week.
    Count your blessings!

I love a Mama's boy - it means they know how to treat a woman.

I heard a sad story about Jermaine over the past few days. His "father", who abandoned him and his mother over 10 years ago, has shown up now that Jermaine has made it on AI. Jermaine, such a sweet man, has said... "he's a lovely man, but a horrible father". Apparently Jermaine is very shaken up over this. When a child has only one parent in their life, is it any wonder, they become what some might say a "mama's boy"? Why the negative connotation? To me it shows that he loves and respects the one person that stayed to raise him, even under really tough circumstances.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Quote Originally Posted by echo226 View Post
    Hard to call, but Ruben Studdard , also church involved, gentle giant, and a momma's boy actually won over a guy with a huge fan base of "Claymates"..

I know that things have changed, but I am just guessing that some new (or older) generation of that fan base (if any) might be it. He did make it through last week so somebody was voting for him.
    That's actually a really good point. I never even thought about it that way.

Awwww - that story of the resurfacing father breaks my heart. I get the impression that Jermaine has slow processing issues - when Ryan asked him if he agreed with the opinion Jimmy had just given you could tell it wasn't all computing. The fast pace of the competition, the instant fame, new songs, new people, etc. seems like just the wrong scenario to complicate with a deeply emotional father issue. I hope Jermaine makes it onto the tour. I think he would be a welcome contrast, vocally,to the others and a fun guy to hang out with.
    mesachick likes this.
    Count your blessings!

I agree, he's a nice guy, and I like him, but I don't think he will win; at least at this this stage I can't see it happening.

LT1

'AMERICAN IDOL' CONTESTANT
    Shovels B.S.
    To Get Sympathy Vote
    'American Idol' Contestant Jermaine Jones Shovels B.S. to Get Sympathy Vote | TMZ.com

It feels like we don't have all the info. I really can't see Jermaine coming up with that.
    Count your blessings!

I'm not a big fan of Jermaine, but who says he is the one lying? Couldn't it just as easily be his father? Besides, who cares? I admit that I almost always FF through the talking parts and only watch the singing, so I normally don't hear much about the sob stories anyway.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Bit View Post
    I'm not a big fan of Jermaine, but who says he is the one lying? Couldn't it just as easily be his father? Besides, who cares? I admit that I almost always FF through the talking parts and only watch the singing, so I normally don't hear much about the sob stories anyway.
    I just read that article as well. I don't see how Jermaine could have come up with that story either. The father seems to have more of a reason to lie than Jermaine does. Jermaine told the story of his father abandoning him when he first appeared during the audition rounds too iirc. I sure hope he's not making this up, he seems like such a good guy.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Hmm well, the truth will come out I hope he wasn't lying though
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast