+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: AI 11 Hollie Cavanagh

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Re: AI 11 Hollie Cavanagh

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I was one who thought Carrie was stiff, wooden, emotionless, but the best singer. I learned to eat my words once she got her act going. LOL She's still very stiff on stage now, BUT that is because she is wearing 8 inch heels and she's afraid to move much. LOL
    As was I! However, I am not going to eat my words. I still hold with that opinion! Is she that way today? Not by a long shot! It took her a couple of years, but she has turned into a great performer. I don't purchase her music, but then, I don't purchase any Country music. Still, I do enjoy watching her perform when I chance to see her.

I sense more emotion from Holly, but her movements are a bit stiff. Perhaps you're right, and it's the stilettos that ground her.
    razorbacker likes this.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David View Post
    As was I! However, I am not going to eat my words. I still hold with that opinion! Is she that way today? Not by a long shot! It took her a couple of years, but she has turned into a great performer. I don't purchase her music, but then, I don't purchase any Country music. Still, I do enjoy watching her perform when I chance to see her.

I sense more emotion from Holly, but her movements are a bit stiff. Perhaps you're right, and it's the stilettos that ground her.
    I must say I never thought I would see those words coming from you. You really should take the opportunity to see her on the next tour. I think you would be astounded at how good a live vocalist she is & how much she commands the stage.

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    I must say I never thought I would see those words coming from you. You really should take the opportunity to see her on the next tour. I think you would be astounded at how good a live vocalist she is & how much she commands the stage.
    I meant every word of it. Carrie really has become a great performer! However, I am not ready for an entire night of Country music, regardless of how talented the performer!
    mesachick likes this.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tigerusty View Post
    Exactly, I love Hollie and was disgusted by the judges reaction to her performance which I thought was fantastic but I don't understand the things people say about Jessica. She seems to me very sweet and supportive of the other contestants. She definitely doesn't appear entitled or standoffish like others have said.
    I agree, I don't dislike Jessica, I just don't like the style of music she sings. I find her very boring, and I don't "connect" with her the way the judges claim everyone in America does when she sings. I do connect with Hollie, even if she sings a similar style. For whatever reason, if the judges and every one else insists on comparing the two, I prefer Hollie. Howeve, I think singing style wise, it's apples and oranges.
    Uncle David likes this.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    She would still be in school, so that sets her apart. I noticed in the group sing that she seemed apart from the others who have made friends and connections. The same thing happened last year with Scotty and Lauren Alaina, but at least they had each other. Jessica doesn't seem to have anyone other than her mother.

Hollie and Skylar are roommates so they have a bond that would exclude Jessica. Elise is older and the boys don't play much other than Joshua with Hollie.
    Isn't Hollie in school also? I thought she was about the same age as Jessica?
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

I think where Idol went wrong (and I still enjoy it and still watch, so I must not be too terribly disgusted!) was when it dropped the minimum age to 15 and let kids who are still in school compete. In most cases, they aren't ready. Scotty was/is very grounded and mature, so he is the exception.

Hollie is not my favorite, and neither is Jessica. But I think Hollie did really well on Wednesday night, especially compared to the previous week. The judges unfairly skewered her. But despite that, I voted for who I enjoyed most -- Joshua and Skylar.

I would not vote for Hollie (or anyone else) because I felt pity for him or her. Similarly, I would not vote for someone because the judges told me to vote for who they've decided is "the best".

According to her profile blurb at the top of the page, she is 18. Skylar is also 18, while Jessica is 16 and needing a guardian.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Thank you. I think DeAndre was the only other one who was a minor and had to be tutored. Last year, Scotty and Lauren were both under 18 and tutored.

It's rather strange that the judges are eager to critique Hollie, yet they don't do much of the same with the other contestants. Why are they against her? Do they think she poses a threat to their chosen one (Jessica)? This is ridiculous. From now on, I will just keep power voting for Hollie just to stick it to the biased judges.

Quote Originally Posted by Rabid Dingo View Post
    It's rather strange that the judges are eager to critique Hollie, yet they don't do much of the same with the other contestants. Why are they against her? Do they think she poses a threat to their chosen one (Jessica)? This is ridiculous. From now on, I will just keep power voting for Hollie just to stick it to the biased judges.
    That's all well & good as long as you follow through & support her when this is all over with.
    Lil Bit and Rabid Dingo like this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast