+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: AI 11 Hollie Cavanagh

Re: AI 11 Hollie Cavanagh

I can't wait to see what Hollie will do in her performance next week. She's not a fashionista, but that's okay. You can pay someone to do that for you. I hope she keeps her chin up and hits another song out of the park. I hope she also improves on all the things people think she needs to do too.

If the judges dismiss her as a waste again, I kind of wish she would speak out and say that they are hurtful and unfair. They need calling out. At least when Simon said someone stunk, Paula would step in and say he was MEAN and WRONG. Now, the jugdes can just gang up and brow beat a contestant like Hollie and no one calls them out on it. Shame, shame.
    Babycakee likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I can't wait to see what Hollie will do in her performance next week. She's not a fashionista, but that's okay. You can pay someone to do that for you. I hope she keeps her chin up and hits another song out of the park. I hope she also improves on all the things people think she needs to do too.

If the judges dismiss her as a waste again, I kind of wish she would speak out and say that they are hurtful and unfair. They need calling out. At least when Simon said someone stunk, Paula would step in and say he was MEAN and WRONG. Now, the jugdes can just gang up and brow beat a contestant like Hollie and no one calls them out on it. Shame, shame.

What did Jimmy say about her. He's not always on the same page as the three stooges, did he compare her to Jessica?
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    What did Jimmy say about her. He's not always on the same page as the three stooges, did he compare her to Jessica?
    Jimmy was positive about her performance night. I think he said she was not experienced enough, but he seemed to think she had a good voice. I can't recall what he said last night. Anyone recall?

Jimmy was positive about her performance night. I think he said she was not experienced enough, but he seemed to think she had a good voice. I can't recall what he said last night. Anyone recall?
    I tried to look it up, and one link was to the FORT I love it when that happens LOL
    Debb70 likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I would really like to know what Jimmy said last night. I missed that part.

I would really like to know what Jimmy said last night. I missed that part.
    I don't remember exactly what he said, but he did compare her to Jessica. He said that Jessica had learned good things but Hollie had learned bad things and that Jessica was natural and Hollie stiff and wooden. Something to that effect. But people had the same knock on Carrie Underwood in her season, and look at her now.
    Debb70 likes this.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    Exactly what is it about hearing that you are unlikable with a bad look & demeanor that helps people to grow & evolve. Honestly, I am really glad I didn't drink the Simon kool aid.
    Exactly, I love Hollie and was disgusted by the judges reaction to her performance which I thought was fantastic but I don't understand the things people say about Jessica. She seems to me very sweet and supportive of the other contestants. She definitely doesn't appear entitled or standoffish like others have said.
    "So, what is fame? It's lightening that strikes some people. It's lightening that some people seek." Jewel

Time to Come Back, Boys Arielflies's Avatar

She would still be in school, so that sets her apart. I noticed in the group sing that she seemed apart from the others who have made friends and connections. The same thing happened last year with Scotty and Lauren Alaina, but at least they had each other. Jessica doesn't seem to have anyone other than her mother.

Hollie and Skylar are roommates so they have a bond that would exclude Jessica. Elise is older and the boys don't play much other than Joshua with Hollie.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

My opinion of Holly is based on Holly's performances, and other packages I've seen during the broadcasts. NOT on the performances of any other contestants. Bottom line, I like her!
    echo226 likes this.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

I was one who thought Carrie was stiff, wooden, emotionless, but the best singer. I learned to eat my words once she got her act going. LOL She's still very stiff on stage now, BUT that is because she is wearing 8 inch heels and she's afraid to move much. LOL

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast