+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: AI 11 Hollie Cavanagh

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Re: AI 11 Hollie Cavanagh

I think she's just been beaten down so much that she's lost her heart. It's hard, in the face of such (mostly unjustified) criticism, to keep coming back. Although she has the talent, she may not have the constitution for this industry.
    Lil Bit and JavaJo like this.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David View Post
    I think she's just been beaten down so much that she's lost her heart. It's hard, in the face of such (mostly unjustified) criticism, to keep coming back. Although she has the talent, she may not have the constitution for this industry.
    Yes, I agree
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Forget the judges... I think Jimmy hit the nail on the head. She just hasn't been hit with the "professional" hammer and it shows. Just little things like hitching up her pants in the middle of her interview with Ryan... it's like a kid picking his nose because he doesn't realize that you don't do that in public. That's really nitpicking, I know, but it's a symptom of how green she is.
    bee stung lips likes this.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    Forget the judges... I think Jimmy hit the nail on the head. She just hasn't been hit with the "professional" hammer and it shows. Just little things like hitching up her pants in the middle of her interview with Ryan... it's like a kid picking his nose because he doesn't realize that you don't do that in public. That's really nitpicking, I know, but it's a symptom of how green she is.
    I didn't notice that, but I think that being rude to a contestant, who is doing a good job, is much worse than being green. If a viewer doesn't care for Hollie and choses to vote for another contestant, that's fine. I accept that, but IMO the judges should not set their minds to dissing one contestant and then act as if she is a waste of their time. Simon may have been brutally honest, but he was usually on point. He would offer constructive advice on how to improve. The judges just detest Hollie and they seem proud to flaunt it. I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't shoot her with a pea gun or something. IMO they have become worthelss and more of a distraction than a help. I shouldn't be surprised from 3 people who can't sing.

They have also lied to their pets, telling them they sound great when they have been very pitchy. What is their function again?
    Lil Bit, Uncle David and echo226 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I didn't notice that, but I think that being rude to a contestant, who is doing a good job, is much worse than being green. If a viewer doesn't care for Hollie and choses to vote for another contestant, that's fine. I accept that, but IMO the judges should not set their minds to dissing one contestant and then act as if she is a waste of their time. Simon may have been brutally honest, but he was usually on point. He would offer constructive advice on how to improve. The judges just detest Hollie and they seem proud to flaunt it. I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't shoot her with a pea gun or something. IMO they have become worthelss and more of a distraction than a help.

They have also lied to their pets, telling them they sound great when they have been very pitchy. What is their function again?
    If she is Green( still) she hasn't had any real constructive criticism, or advice to teach her otherwise. It's like your on your own kid , oh and enjoy!
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I didn't notice that, but I think that being rude to a contestant, who is doing a good job, is much worse than being green. If a viewer doesn't care for Hollie and choses to vote for another contestant, that's fine. I accept that, but IMO the judges should not set their minds to dissing one contestant and then act as if she is a waste of their time. Simon may have been brutally honest, but he was usually on point. He would offer constructive advice on how to improve. The judges just detest Hollie and they seem proud to flaunt it. I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't shoot her with a pea gun or something. IMO they have become worthelss and more of a distraction than a help. I shouldn't be surprised from 3 people who can't sing.

We don't disagree. I think the judges' behavior last night was deplorable. I think they're just cardboard cutouts who don't do a very good job, which is why I listen closely to what Jimmy says. I like Hollie - I think she's sweet. The only one I really dislike now is PP.
    Count your blessings!

I totally agree about the judges, but what I don't know is why. Are they being told to do this by the producers? (seems like there is one every season who can do nothing right no matter what they do). And I do not believe that I ever once heard Simon give constructive criticism that a contestant could use to get better. Other than "sing better." I'm not talking about what he might or might not have done off camera, because I have no idea what he did or didn't do, and I also have no idea what the current judges are doing off camera so I can't compare. In any case, what we need to remember is that they are not impartial judges in a talent contest, they are entertainers on a reality show.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

Quote Originally Posted by Misty8723 View Post
    I totally agree about the judges, but what I don't know is why. Are they being told to do this by the producers? (seems like there is one every season who can do nothing right no matter what they do). And I do not believe that I ever once heard Simon give constructive criticism that a contestant could use to get better. Other than "sing better." I'm not talking about what he might or might not have done off camera, because I have no idea what he did or didn't do, and I also have no idea what the current judges are doing off camera so I can't compare. In any case, what we need to remember is that they are not impartial judges in a talent contest, they are entertainers on a reality show.
    Okay. I can accept that they are entertainers on a reality show. That makes sense. Sort of like professional wrestling, WWE. LOL I get it.

He activates my yummy!!!! yourefired's Avatar

I listened to Hollie without watching and honestly I didn't hear anything near what the judges did. I don't like watching Hollie. I think she needs to work on her look. She's too pale and the bleach blonde hair is too harsh. She needs to style it better too. And the makeup IMO is all wrong. She doesn't have the look for fame right now, but she was miles better than Elise (whose look has grown into something great).

The way the judges burst on stage tonight was embarrassing for everyone associated with this show. I don't think Simon would have ever allowed such antics. He would have used the save, but I also think he'd have called Jessica out for not being likable (the same way he did Katherine McPhee). He would call Hollie out on her look and demeanor. I miss comments that actually helped contestants grow and evolve.
    Geisha Ninja Sparkle Dance
    Twirling Ninja Sparkle Dance

Quote Originally Posted by yourefired View Post
    I listened to Hollie without watching and honestly I didn't hear anything near what the judges did. I don't like watching Hollie. I think she needs to work on her look. She's too pale and the bleach blonde hair is too harsh. She needs to style it better too. And the makeup IMO is all wrong. She doesn't have the look for fame right now, but she was miles better than Elise (whose look has grown into something great).

The way the judges burst on stage tonight was embarrassing for everyone associated with this show. I don't think Simon would have ever allowed such antics. He would have used the save, but I also think he'd have called Jessica out for not being likable (the same way he did Katherine McPhee). He would call Hollie out on her look and demeanor. I miss comments that actually helped contestants grow and evolve.
    Exactly what is it about hearing that you are unlikable with a bad look & demeanor that helps people to grow & evolve. Honestly, I am really glad I didn't drink the Simon kool aid.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast