+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: AI 11 Hollie Cavanagh

Re: AI 11 Hollie Cavanagh

She's going to have to losen up a little, sing something current, look a little sexy and stop the pageant look. I don't want her to go the way of Pia. LOL

FORT Fogey

Pia suffered from a coldness . She never seemed to get the emotion of the song across because she was emotionless on the stage. BTW, when she left, there was all that publicity about her making an album and going straight to the top without AI. Did any of that happen??...Hollie is cute and sweet and does relate to the audience. Do agree that she needs to look more modern----hope she works with the help of the designer coming on board .
    Debb70 likes this.

Yeah, where is that designer? I thought they said the contestants got makeovers last week, but Hollie still looked too old looking. (Not her face, but her getup.) I just don't think she will go too far if she continues to do Celine Dion and wear gowns. Even her short dress looked mommie looking. Why can't they put her in something like Jessica wore?
    Uncle David likes this.

FORT Fogey

I think Hilfiger is starting this week
    Debb70 likes this.

I thought she was good this week. (and her outfit was cute!) I thought the judges were a little hard on her.

She does overthink the verses probably in anticipation of belting out the chorus which she does very well. She needs work with the verses. Unfortunately, she may suffer the same fate as Pia Toscano who sang only ballads. Maybe she should sing a mid or uptempo song this time but just not too obscure as Toscano did and got the boot the following week.

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

I think the problem with Hollie is that she doesn't have any warmth in her tone, or flavor as Jennifer would characterize it, and that is what loses the audience. She has good tone, terrific range and good technical skills, but her voice lacks emotional warmth.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    I think the problem with Hollie is that she doesn't have any warmth in her tone, or flavor as Jennifer would characterize it, and that is what loses the audience. She has good tone, terrific range and good technical skills, but her voice lacks emotional warmth.

I think she is lost, I really do. When I think back to her audition( and I only saw a few) she was a standout for me.I remembered her, and her name .Now, the joy has gone out of her, and it shows in her singing.. Maybe its this process.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I think she is lost, I really do. When I think back to her audition( and I only saw a few) she was a standout for me.I remembered her, and her name .Now, the joy has gone out of her, and it shows in her singing.. Maybe its this process.
    Excuse the cliche, but Hollie is a diamond in the rough. Jimmy keeps talking about "experience" and he's correct.

Jessica & Hollie are about the same age, and both have great voices but are 180 out as far as persona.
    Hollie seems more of a sweet little girl ... and Jessica is sort of a tall toddler in a tiara.
    Hollie seems small town & Jessica seems big city.
    Hollie seems like she is having so much fun and Jessica seems focused on the business of winning.
    Hollie seems a little shy, but willing to be directed & Jessica seems grounded, confident and self-assured.

Jessica is so much more polished and coached. She went to some school for the arts and I think has already cut a CD.

This season reminds me of how they pushed for Fantasia in her season. Hollie and Elise are both in an uphill battle against not only the other contestants but our "role model" judges.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

FORT Fanatic

you are so right about the judges. Hollie is too wholesome for Stephen or whatever his name is. I prefer her voice over Jessica's but the judges will do all they can to help
    Jessica. It appears that she is enamored too much with herself.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast