+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 54
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: AI 11 Colton Dixon

  1. #41
    Live-Love-Laugh Fanny Mare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    22,630

    Re: AI 11 Colton Dixon

    Quote Originally Posted by BerryCrazy View Post
    I flew to Portland, OR to see the S11 Top 10 perform on tour. All of them are very talented and great performers. Got to meet all ten contestants, either at the meet and greet, or outside by their buses. (Jessica wasn't at the M&G.) They were all nice and very accommodating. My favorite, Colton, was just the sweetest ever! A very engaging young man, he looks you in the eye, really listens to you and is very appreciative of the fans, the last one to leave. He and Phillip had the most people waiting for their autographs, and had they had the most applause/screams during the show. He was able to sing an original song he wrote on the tour, which had a great response, and a rarity for non-winners. Other than Phillip and Jessica, he also had his own official tour t-shirt. The others who finished above him didn't have their own tour shirts Looking forward to his new CD, which he said should be out by end of this year.
    Thats great! thank you for posting the information.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

  2. #42
    Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Central Ohio
    Posts
    2,367

    Re: AI 11 Colton Dixon

    Quote Originally Posted by BerryCrazy View Post
    I flew to Portland, OR to see the S11 Top 10 perform on tour. All of them are very talented and great performers. Got to meet all ten contestants, either at the meet and greet, or outside by their buses. (Jessica wasn't at the M&G.) They were all nice and very accommodating. My favorite, Colton, was just the sweetest ever! A very engaging young man, he looks you in the eye, really listens to you and is very appreciative of the fans, the last one to leave. He and Phillip had the most people waiting for their autographs, and had they had the most applause/screams during the show. He was able to sing an original song he wrote on the tour, which had a great response, and a rarity for non-winners. Other than Phillip and Jessica, he also had his own official tour t-shirt. The others who finished above him didn't have their own tour shirts Looking forward to his new CD, which he said should be out by end of this year.
    So that goes to show you that Phillip and Colton really were splitting votes. I'm curious what would have happened if Colton would have chosen different songs his last week. Could he have been the eventual winner? I would have been MUCH happier for it to have been him. Of course, he was one of my favorites anyway, if not my #1 favorite. I thought he was the most entertaining.
    BerryCrazy likes this.
    Everything has an end. Only the sausage has two. - Monroe, from Grimm

  3. #43
    FORT Fan BerryCrazy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    376

    Re: AI 11 Colton Dixon

    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeAddict View Post
    So that goes to show you that Phillip and Colton really were splitting votes. I'm curious what would have happened if Colton would have chosen different songs his last week. Could he have been the eventual winner? I would have been MUCH happier for it to have been him. Of course, he was one of my favorites anyway, if not my #1 favorite. I thought he was the most entertaining.
    I have no doubts that Phillip and Colton were the most popular, and really believe they were of the front runners. I was looking forward to seeing Colton's hometown visit. Had Colton chosen better songs, he wouldn't have lost some votes that might've went to Jessica so that she could stay because what had happened the previous week. Jessica, Phillip and Colton still have the most likes on FB and followers on Twitter.

    For the concert, Colton sang three songs during his set. Erika, Heejun and DeAndre had only one song each, while Elise, Skylar and Hollie had two songs each for their sets. Joshua and Jessica had three songs. Phillip had five songs, but one of them was a duet with Elise. Jessica sang back on "Volcano," while Colton and DeAndre backed him up on "Home." Other than his duet with Elise, Phillip stayed at the center of the stage playing his guitar, very little contact or connection with the audience. Colton was the complete opposite, he covered the whole stage, walking and dancing around. He made a lot of eye contact, waving at people and singing to their cameras. So yes, Colton was more exciting to watch live than Phillip. Colton did address the audience a few times, while, even the few words Phillip said, we couldn't understand him, like he was mumbling something. Check out some of the tour videos of "Home" on You Tube, and you'll see what I mean. Still the crowds cheered a lot for Phillip and Colton, and Joshua too.

  4. #44
    FORT Fan BerryCrazy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    376

    Re: AI 11 Colton Dixon

    Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    And that still doesn't mean his albums will be bought or his concerts attended by the people that will vote like mad for him.
    I voted for him the full two hours each week and I flew especially to see him on the AI Live tour in Portland, OR and then in Bridgeport, CT. I would definitely buy his albums. He just announced he signed a record deal with EMI/CMG Sparrow Records, which should be released in Feb 2013. (After Phillip's album is released in Jan 2013.) His original song "Never Gone" which he sings on the tour will be available on iTunes on September 25th. His single "You Are" will be shipped to radio stations on October 19th. (BTW, I'm middle-aged, so I'm not one of those screaming tweens that move on to the next cute thing.)

  5. #45
    FORT Fogey razorbacker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    9,470

    Re: AI 11 Colton Dixon

    ^^^ I wasn't trying to point the finger at anyone inparticular, but the history of this show has been to vote like mad for the WGWG while he is on the show & forget him when he needs it the most...when he has product for sale. Congrats to Colton on signing a contract!

  6. #46
    Live-Love-Laugh Fanny Mare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    22,630

    Re: AI 11 Colton Dixon

    Quote Originally Posted by BerryCrazy View Post
    I voted for him the full two hours each week and I flew especially to see him on the AI Live tour in Portland, OR and then in Bridgeport, CT. I would definitely buy his albums. He just announced he signed a record deal with EMI/CMG Sparrow Records, which should be released in Feb 2013. (After Phillip's album is released in Jan 2013.) His original song "Never Gone" which he sings on the tour will be available on iTunes on September 25th. His single "You Are" will be shipped to radio stations on October 19th. (BTW, I'm middle-aged, so I'm not one of those screaming tweens that move on to the next cute thing.)
    I will listen for his his single, it comes out on my birthday.Thanks Colton & thank you for the info BerryCrazy
    BerryCrazy likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

  7. #47
    FORT Fan BerryCrazy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    376

    Re: AI 11 Colton Dixon

    Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I will listen for his his single, it comes out on my birthday.Thanks Colton & thank you for the info BerryCrazy
    You're welcome FannyMare! There are a lot of videos on You tube of Colton singing "Never Gone" at the American Idol Live tour. I don't know what his single "You Are" sounds like, but he said it is a worship song. Happy birthday! Is you birthday on 9/25 (my brother's too) or 10/19 (Colton's too)?

  8. #48
    Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Central Ohio
    Posts
    2,367

    Re: AI 11 Colton Dixon

    Quote Originally Posted by BerryCrazy View Post
    I voted for him the full two hours each week and I flew especially to see him on the AI Live tour in Portland, OR and then in Bridgeport, CT. I would definitely buy his albums. He just announced he signed a record deal with EMI/CMG Sparrow Records, which should be released in Feb 2013. (After Phillip's album is released in Jan 2013.) His original song "Never Gone" which he sings on the tour will be available on iTunes on September 25th. His single "You Are" will be shipped to radio stations on October 19th. (BTW, I'm middle-aged, so I'm not one of those screaming tweens that move on to the next cute thing.)
    Good news, BC! Glad to hear that, and that Colton seems to have opportunities coming his way.
    Everything has an end. Only the sausage has two. - Monroe, from Grimm

  9. #49
    Live-Love-Laugh Fanny Mare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    22,630

    Re: AI 11 Colton Dixon

    Quote Originally Posted by BerryCrazy View Post
    You're welcome FannyMare! There are a lot of videos on You tube of Colton singing "Never Gone" at the American Idol Live tour. I don't know what his single "You Are" sounds like, but he said it is a worship song. Happy birthday! Is you birthday on 9/25 (my brother's too) or 10/19 (Colton's too)?
    10/19.I am off to you tube again
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

  10. #50
    FORT Fan BerryCrazy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    376

    Re: AI 11 Colton Dixon

    Colton's single "You Are" starting playing exclusively on Air1 Radio's Mixology Live on Wednesday, September 12. I guess they had an advanced copy of it. The Mixology Live is where listeners vote to what song they want to hear. Whatever is #1 on the list at that time, gets played. The single was the most played during the 2-hour show. I heard it the second time it was played during that period. I think because the single is not officially released to all the radio stations yet, Air1 plays it only during the Mixology Live show. Video of Colton hearing the song on the radio for the first time is on you tube. He was doing a u-stream live video when someone alerted him that his song was going to be played on the radio.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.