+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: AI 11 Colton Dixon

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

Re: AI 11 Colton Dixon

Some people are extremely moved by their passion for God. I thought his tears were 100% genuine. He let himself feel the words of the song, instead of trying to maintain composure. Sometimes I also think the contestants are also very moved that they are able to finally perform in front of so many. Can you imagine your biggest dream coming true? Who wouldn't be a little emotional about that?

It's interesting that Jimmy thinks showing emotion is a negative, but the judges think that is extremely important. Maybe it lies somewhere in the middle. They need to never fake emotion. There are always going to be people who think the emotion is faked, but if it really is, it will probably be picked up by more people, and it would be a big turn-off.
    Realitychick and BerryCrazy like this.

Time to Come Back, Boys Arielflies's Avatar

Jimmy is concerned about "showing" or feeling too much emotion while singing because it tightens the throat and constricts the vocal cords thus leading to out of key and screeching type performances.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    Jimmy is concerned about "showing" or feeling too much emotion while singing because it tightens the throat and constricts the vocal cords thus leading to out of key and screeching type performances.
    Ahhhh!!! That explains a lot. Thanks, I wouldn't have figured that out in a million years. I thought he just didn't like to see emotion.

Some people are extremely moved by their passion for God. I thought his tears were 100% genuine. He let himself feel the words of the song, instead of trying to maintain composure. Sometimes I also think the contestants are also very moved that they are able to finally perform in front of so many. Can you imagine your biggest dream coming true? Who wouldn't be a little emotional about that?
    Yes, this is very true
    BerryCrazy likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Colton tweeted to watch Jay Leno tonight, so seems like he may be on... I hope.
    BuckeyeAddict likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by BerryCrazy View Post
    Colton tweeted to watch Jay Leno tonight, so seems like he may be on... I hope.
    Thanks BC! He's not listed as a guest, but maybe he's playing with the band and will be singing just as they go to commercial and come back. I've seen other AI alums do that.

I was really surprised when I saw him on Ellen that she had him on her show last year too! She was so floored that he didn't make it to top 24 last season she had him as a guest - and told her audience not to forget his name. She reminded everyone not to forget his name again this year!

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeAddict View Post
    Thanks BC! He's not listed as a guest, but maybe he's playing with the band and will be singing just as they go to commercial and come back. I've seen other AI alums do that.

I was really surprised when I saw him on Ellen that she had him on her show last year too! She was so floored that he didn't make it to top 24 last season she had him as a guest - and told her audience not to forget his name. She reminded everyone not to forget his name again this year!
    She really likes him! I really like him( and her)
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    She really likes him! I really like him( and her)
    I really like him too. Apparently, a lot of people do. He has the most likes on FB and Twitter (followers) than any of the other season 11 contestants.

It was double bonus for me on Leno's show. I enjoyed seeing Elise on there too. They sounded great on Come Together.

Colton and Elise were 2 of my 3 favorites. That means Joshua will probably leave this week.

I flew to Portland, OR to see the S11 Top 10 perform on tour. All of them are very talented and great performers. Got to meet all ten contestants, either at the meet and greet, or outside by their buses. (Jessica wasn't at the M&G.) They were all nice and very accommodating. My favorite, Colton, was just the sweetest ever! A very engaging young man, he looks you in the eye, really listens to you and is very appreciative of the fans, the last one to leave. He and Phillip had the most people waiting for their autographs, and had they had the most applause/screams during the show. He was able to sing an original song he wrote on the tour, which had a great response, and a rarity for non-winners. Other than Phillip and Jessica, he also had his own official tour t-shirt. The others who finished above him didn't have their own tour shirts Looking forward to his new CD, which he said should be out by end of this year.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast