+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: AI 11 Colton Dixon

FORT Fogey

Re: AI 11 Colton Dixon

He will have a place in Christian music if he stays long enough-----they, like country, support their own.

I remember him from last season and was shocked when he didn't make the final cut during Hollywood week. He impressed me and I'm happy he made the Top 10. He does have stage presence and seems like a very talented young man. He sings, plays the piano and writes his own songs...complete package. I like that. He seems a well-mannered guy. He does have "the look" of an American Idol. I hope he makes to the finale.

Quote Originally Posted by BerryCrazy View Post
    I remember him from last season and was shocked when he didn't make the final cut during Hollywood week. He impressed me and I'm happy he made the Top 10. He does have stage presence and seems like a very talented young man. He sings, plays the piano and writes his own songs...complete package. I like that. He seems a well-mannered guy. He does have "the look" of an American Idol. I hope he makes to the finale.
    I didn't see most of last years auditions. Perhaps this is his year? everything happens for a reason.He has strong competition this year with Phillip and Jessica.I wish him well
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

This guy is so fake. Generic, boring voice and his "stage presence" consists of pandering around, trying to look as "emotional" as possible, when it is blatantly obvious he isn't feeling the music at all and it is just an act to get votes.

That song was a prayer. The you was God, not a girl. I did see him involved with the lyric and don't think his emotion was faked. Whether faith based rock will pull voters the way country does remains to be seen.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Magnum View Post
    This guy is so fake. Generic, boring voice and his "stage presence" consists of pandering around, trying to look as "emotional" as possible, when it is blatantly obvious he isn't feeling the music at all and it is just an act to get votes.
    I don't think the guy is particularly fake, but I will agree with the boring part. For me, for you, for me, he just has no spark.
    mesachick likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    I don't think the guy is particularly fake, but I will agree with the boring part. For me, for you, for me, he just has no spark.
    I agree with the boring part. But I don't care for Christian music, I find it a very boring genre. I prefer gospel, it has some life and joy to it.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

Jimmy thought he was pandering and the emotion was fake (not exactly his words)

I didn't care for him this week.Last week when it was just him and his piano, I thought he was excellent. What's with all the tears, him, and Joshua?
    navybelle likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Who is John Galt?

He doesn't do a thing for me. I agree with the boring and generic comments concerning his voice.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast