+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
Like Tree96Likes

Thread: 3/1 AI 11 Top 25 Results Show **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 3/1 AI 11 Top 25 Results Show **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by jammyjoe View Post
    All in all I think this is the strongest top 13 we've ever had. No sympathy votes for handicapped people, no banking on raw potential, no picking wildcards to fill demographics. Although Jeremy and Shannon I don't agree as much, I think they are better singers than what America or judges selected from previous seasons.
    I meant...Jermaine and Shannon, sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by NCLurker View Post
    Nothing specific. Though they did show her commenting during the process at various times. It's more the overall attitude of both, and comments here and there when she was shown throughout the audition process. Just my feelings based on the impression I got from watching their journey as it was caught, edited and shown to us via TV. Others may have gotten a totally different vibe regarding Brielle.
    I got the same vibe, and was horrified when they picked her for one of the 6 - wasting a spot that could have gone to someone else, like Creighton for example.
    If you have men who will exclude any of God's creatures from the shelter of compassion and pity you will have men who will deal likewise with their fellow men. - St. Francis of Assisi

Quote Originally Posted by TeacherLady View Post
    I'm thrilled about Skylar! The girl entertained me and I'm not crazy about country. I could not stand Lauren last year. Skylar is the real deal.
    Is Skylar the one who was jumpring all around the stage like she was on speed or something? If so, she didn't sound the least bit country to me. I liked the gal's voice who sang the Carrie Underwood song, I wish she had picked a different song.
    Fanny Mare likes this.
    If you have men who will exclude any of God's creatures from the shelter of compassion and pity you will have men who will deal likewise with their fellow men. - St. Francis of Assisi

Quote Originally Posted by Misty8723 View Post
    Is Skylar the one who was jumpring all around the stage like she was on speed or something? If so, she didn't sound the least bit country to me. I liked the gal's voice who sang the Carrie Underwood song, I wish she had picked a different song.
    Skylar very short I dont care for her. I got the names wrong .I was hoping for Erica, and she got in as well
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by TeacherLady View Post
    My Wild Card picks in the Prediction Game were Reed, Jen, and DeAndre. Glad for DeAndre, but like the poster above, I didn't anticipate that Reed would go home. I would have taken Reed over Erika.

Like Gutmutter above, I am very happy with the 13 and IMO there are no "Oh, puh-leeze!" contestants this year. Some I'm not quite as fond of as others, but still, no Sanjaya types.

And no Brielle! What a relief!
    I certainly don't miss Simon - he is the one who put through those Sanjaya types for the drama of it. The past 2 seasons without him we have been getting some real talent and some interesting performers. I wish Reed had gone through.
    ibot2much likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    Skylar very short I dont care for her. I got the names wrong .I was hoping for Erica, and she got in as well
    Yes - but I'm very bad with names and don't know who sang what for the most part. I screwed up some of my predictions for that reason. Thinking one person and wrote a different name. Oh well, I'll sort them all out eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by Misty8723 View Post
    Yes - but I'm very bad with names and don't know who sang what for the most part. I screwed up some of my predictions for that reason. Thinking one person and wrote a different name. Oh well, I'll sort them all out eventually.
    Skylar was the one jumping all over the stage, the judges liked her.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I liked everyone of the choices except I wish Reed had gotten in. I guess I would have picked him over Deindre.
    BuckeyeAddict and LuckyMom like this.

Remember the wildcard rounds last time? The judges selected Ashthon and Naima instead of Kendra and Robbie (or Lauren Turner) to fill the demographics as there were no black women in the top 10 (This year we didn't even have one for the top 25 and have 7 blonde females so what was up with that?). Yea, it was pointless to bring back Ashthon and Naima because they were instantly eliminated by America in the next 3 weeks for apparent reason and deservingly so. The season before they were also 'casting' based on demographics by putting through Jasmine and Megan over more competent singers like Ricky Braddy, Juno't Joyner, Kristen McNamara and Von Smith in the wildcard round. It really didn't matter who made the wildcard round because the producers already made up their minds.

I think America nailed it pretty much.. except I would have wanted Jen over Deandre too.. I think Jen's problem was she spent so much attention on the runs and extra nuances of the song and didn't really just SING the whole song to her potential.. pity because I do think she is an awesome singer! I think Deandre is not a good wild card because I just don't see him making it that far into the competition.. my favorites are Colton and Jessica, my very early pick for final 2

+ Reply to Thread