+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast
Like Tree96Likes

Thread: 3/1 AI 11 Top 25 Results Show **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 3/1 AI 11 Top 25 Results Show **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by jammyjoe View Post
    I want to add...anyone notice that J.Lo seems to be biased for the Latino singers? Well, she's Latina, so naturally she would feel for them more and pick them. Lat year she fought for Karen Rodriguez, Julie Zorrilla, and especially Jovany Barretto who she selected into the wildcard round but eventually lost out. Of course now we have Jessica Sanchez who is Filipino/Mexican and then she picks Jeremy Rosado. Would you rather have Jen over Jeremy?
    I do not know who Jen is. I think they had the right six sing. I would have chosen the tall brunette, the chunky blonde that was chosen and Jeremy. The guys are very sympathetic to the guys. They knew scatter was not going to make it but they coated his ego (Jen said we gave you a chance). When the short brunette who did an excellent job got finished, the men cut her down. She did a fine job; and girlfriend deserved ego stroking as well since she did not get in.

Go Jeremy!!! Yay!
    You can do it!

Quote Originally Posted by Lizard;4438815[B
    ]I do not know who Jen is.[/B] I think they had the right six sing. I would have chosen the tall brunette, the chunky blonde that was chosen and Jeremy. The guys are very sympathetic to the guys. They knew scatter was not going to make it but they coated his ego (Jen said we gave you a chance). When the short brunette who did an excellent job got finished, the men cut her down. She did a fine job; and girlfriend deserved ego stroking as well since she did not get in.

Go Jeremy!!! Yay!
    Jen IS the tall brunette...I think she should have been picked before Jeremy so we will disagree on that.

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

I don't get the love for Jeremy either. He seems like he's about the nicest, kind-hearted guy in the world. But that doesn't mean I have to enjoy his singing. JLo really has a thing for him. I'm so bummed I changed my mind about making him a wildcard choice in the prediction game. I knew she couldn't let him go. But I talked myself into believing her when she said something about having to push their personal feelings aside and vote on who they feel has the talent. OTOH, she does seem to really believe he's a great singer. She's always making that puppy dog face when he sings.

I just read something funny I have to share. There's been the discussion here about whether or not the current judges are doing what they should be doing. I've mentioned in the past that there is a site I love to visit called whatnottosing. They had a little editorial on their main page and they stated that they would trade Randy, JLo and Steven for Jimmy Iovine and two ham sandwiches! They also think there should be 7 girls and 6 guys because they think the girls outsang the guys overall. Personally, I don't agree with that. But I was tired, cranky and had a headache Wednesday night, so I probably wasn't a great judge of the girls. Except when somebody was good, I forgot my discomfort.
    Last edited by BuckeyeAddict; 03-03-2012 at 08:22 AM.

I agree with you that the girls were much less interesting. I blame that on the H-blondes. Why did they let so many similar names and faces through? They cancel each other out.
    Count your blessings!

I'm upset that Reed and Jen didn't get through, they were both awesome.
    BuckeyeAddict likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnum View Post
    I definitely would have traded Jeremy and Deandre for Reed and Jen. I just don't get the Deandre love. Jeremy sang well and seems like a very nice kid, but I would like to hear him sing a 'boy' song. I think the last 2 songs (at least) he has sung where both from female singers. Next week someone needs to tell him that he will be required to sing Stevie and not Whitney.
    BuckeyeAddict likes this.

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeAddict View Post
    ...they would trade Randy, JLo and Steven for Jimmy Iovine and two ham sandwiches!
    Now THAT'S funny!!
    Fanny Mare likes this.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bet2Win View Post
    AI has become stale; and although I love Steven Tyler, and love to look at J Lo, they love every singer on the stage. Randy has become mundane as well. I miss Simon; heck I even miss Paula ... at least she would give critisism when needed, albeit gently.

Last season was so boring, I didn't watch beyond the first 3rd of the season. And I'm a country western fan! Scotty may be doing well, but he is no Garth Brooks, Alan Jackson, George Strait, Clint Black, etc. He has a good country voice, but for me, that's where it ends. Give me someone that sings with a little soul, no matter what genre.

I use to love AI, the last time I loved it was Cookie's season. There have been some standouts since then, but too few and far between to hold my interest.
    ! well said
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Magnum View Post
    Jen and Reed were front runners during the first rounds of the competition. They had more air time than Jeremy, Erika or Deandre. I thought Reed, Deandre, & Jeremy for the boys and Erika, Jen, & Hallie for the girls will be in the wild card round but Brielle was a surprise...then she sings another Adele song...didn't she get the memo from Jimmy? I also thought that Deandre, Jeremy and Jen will make it out of the wildcard so I was surprised that they picked Erika over Jen. Jeremy was an obvious choice for JLo because he's latino and he made her cry. Deandre was a natural pick because the judges love his falsetto (and should have been in the top 10 to begin with as Jermaine took his spot). Reed wasn't so great while Brielle bombed. So it was between Erika and Jen. Erika really has limited range with her alto voice whereas Jen can make the runs and vocal histrionics plus of course the judges loved her during the early rounds. So it was a surprise that Erika made it over her.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

I got behind watching the episode this week but finally caught up.

I have to say I'm so sick of the Adele songs! I'm not a fan of hers and having so many contestants sing her songs it's getting annoying. I guess I should be thankful we're not getting an overload of songs popular in past seasons but too much of any one artist is not a good thing to me!

+ Reply to Thread