+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast
Like Tree96Likes

Thread: 3/1 AI 11 Top 25 Results Show **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 3/1 AI 11 Top 25 Results Show **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by jammyjoe View Post
    Regardless of what Simon said, he was still better than the current crop of judges. He told it like it is...like Jimmy Iovine did. Those are just one-liners to compare what their singing is like so the audience would know what he's talking about but he is sometimes on point. Sometimes he also has favoritism like Lee Dewyze (whatever happened to him?). The judges right now downplays the contestants weaknesses and overpraise them to the point of ignoring the bad parts of their performance. How do you expect these contestants to improve?

Randy: Yo! Yo! Dawg, pitchy in parts but you brought it home dude!
    Jennifer: I have goosies! You are one of the best singers!
    Steven: Beautiful! Just Beautiful! (and then he just agrees with the other judges)

Nice! Of these 3 judges I would keep Jennifer as the heart of the panel. I would ditch Randy because people are tired of him and need something fresh (maybe a real producer). Replace Steven and put someone as the voice of reason who would give constructive criticism and would fight not to include contestants like Jasmine, Megan, Ashthon, Sanjaya, Tim Urban, Chicken Little, etc. in the finals.
    Frankly, I think Simon is responsible for the contestants you mention. He loved the drama. And I for one am not sick of Randy, and I like these three judges. I don't need the judges to criticize the contestants, I know what I like and don't like. I think they get their feedback from Jimmy off camera and that's how it should be. The judge's comments are just fluff anyway.
    NCLurker likes this.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

Boy they get paid a lot of money for just fluff.
    Uncle David likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    Skylar was the one jumping all over the stage, the judges liked her.
    Thanks. I didn't care for her, didn't think she sounded country in the least and too frantic for my tastes. DH liked her.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

Boy they get paid a lot of money for just fluff.
    Also, we have absolutely no idea what they tell the contestants behind the scenes. Or what they do to earn the money besides sit in the chairs and make their comments. Most people who are "celebrities" get paid way too much money in my opinion anyway, so that's not a concern. I like the judges fine, I didn't like the old judges toward the end of Simon's reign on Idol. I think the talent level overall for the last two seasons has surpassed anything Simon did. I was ready to stop watching but last season revived my interest. To each their own.

FORT Fogey

I agree that the kids get the bulk of their constructive criticsm off camera-----remember when Marc Anthony worked with last year's kids? AI got two for the price of one with JLo and Marc. What they hear on-camera is not the only work that is done with them.
    Fanny Mare likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much View Post
    I agree that the kids get the bulk of their constructive criticsm off camera-----remember when Marc Anthony worked with last year's kids? AI got two for the price of one with JLo and Marc. What they hear on-camera is not the only work that is done with them.
    Marc was very good( and rare) I didnt see them get alot of feedback from the others that were there
    JMHO. I miss Simon, so I dont watch it like I did. Every single year Randy says , this is the best top 12 yet! we will see.
    Uncle David likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I want to add...anyone notice that J.Lo seems to be biased for the Latino singers? Well, she's Latina, so naturally she would feel for them more and pick them. Lat year she fought for Karen Rodriguez, Julie Zorrilla, and especially Jovany Barretto who she selected into the wildcard round but eventually lost out. Of course now we have Jessica Sanchez who is Filipino/Mexican and then she picks Jeremy Rosado. Would you rather have Jen over Jeremy?

Wow - that Van Pelt girl! As JLo says: 'She gave me goosies'.
    Arielflies and Fanny Mare like this.
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

Quote Originally Posted by Misty8723 View Post
    Also, we have absolutely no idea what they tell the contestants behind the scenes. Or what they do to earn the money besides sit in the chairs and make their comments. Most people who are "celebrities" get paid way too much money in my opinion anyway, so that's not a concern. I like the judges fine, I didn't like the old judges toward the end of Simon's reign on Idol. I think the talent level overall for the last two seasons has surpassed anything Simon did. I was ready to stop watching but last season revived my interest. To each their own.
    In order for them to be credible, they need to be honest in their judging. They themselves picked these people to begin with so naturally their judging slants towards favorable. They find it hard to critique because they do not want to hurt the contestant's feelings. Paula had a hard time doing it and Ellen quit because she was also afraid to be honest. They instead replace "you suck" with "you look beautiful". Yea...judge the look and not the singing, LOL!

Last year's singers were worse than this year and the year before that, which was Simon's final AI, was the worst ever in history. I mean, if you came out with Off-key Lee as your winner, you probably had some bad contestants. Lee I believe had the worst album sales in a week for an AI winner.

Marc was very good( and rare) I didnt see them get alot of feedback from the others that were there
    JMHO. I miss Simon, so I dont watch it like I did. Every single year Randy says , this is the best top 12 yet! we will see.
    AI has become stale; and although I love Steven Tyler, and love to look at J Lo, they love every singer on the stage. Randy has become mundane as well. I miss Simon; heck I even miss Paula ... at least she would give critisism when needed, albeit gently.

Last season was so boring, I didn't watch beyond the first 3rd of the season. And I'm a country western fan! Scotty may be doing well, but he is no Garth Brooks, Alan Jackson, George Strait, Clint Black, etc. He has a good country voice, but for me, that's where it ends. Give me someone that sings with a little soul, no matter what genre.

I use to love AI, the last time I loved it was Cookie's season. There have been some standouts since then, but too few and far between to hold my interest.

+ Reply to Thread