+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
Like Tree96Likes

Thread: 3/1 AI 11 Top 25 Results Show **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 3/1 AI 11 Top 25 Results Show **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    Real as in that was coffee shop, or cruise ship, or wedding singer, what is REAL about that garbage. When did he ever offer anyone a way to improve. So Simon what can she do to improve..."Sing better!" Sorry the guy is Real all right, a real idiot.
    Regardless of what Simon said, he was still better than the current crop of judges. He told it like it is...like Jimmy Iovine did. Those are just one-liners to compare what their singing is like so the audience would know what he's talking about but he is sometimes on point. Sometimes he also has favoritism like Lee Dewyze (whatever happened to him?). The judges right now downplays the contestants weaknesses and overpraise them to the point of ignoring the bad parts of their performance. How do you expect these contestants to improve?

Randy: Yo! Yo! Dawg, pitchy in parts but you brought it home dude!
    Jennifer: I have goosies! You are one of the best singers!
    Steven: Beautiful! Just Beautiful! (and then he just agrees with the other judges)

Nice! Of these 3 judges I would keep Jennifer as the heart of the panel. I would ditch Randy because people are tired of him and need something fresh (maybe a real producer). Replace Steven and put someone as the voice of reason who would give constructive criticism and would fight not to include contestants like Jasmine, Megan, Ashthon, Sanjaya, Tim Urban, Chicken Little, etc. in the finals.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

Originally Posted by Gutmutter
    Not digging Erika's version of Edge of Glory (which I heard Gaga say was about her grandfather on his deathbed with her grandmother holding his hand).
    Quote Originally Posted by jsciv View Post
    Really? Wow. I totally thought it was about sex.
    I wouldn't have guessed either. I thought it was a song like Fame, about aspiring to be something. I would never have guessed it was about Gaga's grandfather. I didn't think it was about sex. I guess because I didn't pay much attention to the lyrics outside the main chorus.

Quote Originally Posted by jammyjoe View Post
    Regardless of what Simon said, he was still better than the current crop of judges. He told it like it is...like Jimmy Iovine did. Those are just one-liners to compare what their singing is like so the audience would know what he's talking about but he is sometimes on point. Sometimes he also has favoritism like Lee Dewyze (whatever happened to him?). The judges right now downplays the contestants weaknesses and overpraise them to the point of ignoring the bad parts of their performance. How do you expect these contestants to improve?

Randy: Yo! Yo! Dawg, pitchy in parts but you brought it home dude!
    Jennifer: I have goosies! You are one of the best singers!
    Steven: Beautiful! Just Beautiful! (and then he just agrees with the other judges)

Nice! Of these 3 judges I would keep Jennifer as the heart of the panel. I would ditch Randy because people are tired of him and need something fresh (maybe a real producer). Replace Steven and put someone as the voice of reason who would give constructive criticism and would fight not to include contestants like Jasmine, Megan, Ashthon, Sanjaya, Tim Urban, Chicken Little, etc. in the finals.
    As to the bold, you keep saying that & I still don't understand what he said that was so real. Simon was & still is all about Simon, no one else matters to him. I will however agree with you on the RED part. If Simon had something along the lines of the constructive criticism that Iovine has done, that would have been a different thing.
    NCLurker likes this.

The Edge of Glory by Lady Gaga Songfacts

This isn't where I heard it the first time, but it explains how/when she wrote the song.
    Count your blessings!

FORT Fogey

Regardless of what Simon said, he was still better than the current crop of judges. He told it like it is...like Jimmy Iovine did. Replace Steven and put someone as the voice of reason who would give constructive criticism and would fight not to include contestants like Jasmine, Megan, Ashthon, Sanjaya, Tim Urban, Chicken Little, etc. in the finals.

Were not these people ]brought in under the Simon regime...so I don't get what you are talking about? Lots of poor talent came to AI finals with Simon's blessing because he only looked for one type of singer..... a pop singer from whom he could make money. He rejected anything else----Broadway, country, jazz.

Scotty is burning up the country charts and he would have been out the door before the top 25 if Simon had his way

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much View Post
    Were not these people ]brought in under the Simon regime...so I don't get what you are talking about? Lots of poor talent came to AI finals with Simon's blessing because he only looked for one type of singer..... a pop singer from whom he could make money. He rejected anything else----Broadway, country, jazz.

Scotty is burning up the country charts and he would have been out the door before the top 25 if Simon had his way
    Huh? He was outvoted by the two judges. Sanjaya was not his idea, he hated him. Tim Urban was called back by producers, he didn't have a say. Some of the contestants didn't get in unanimously and still they made it through the semi-finals. Some of them were voted in by America into the finals. Also at that time they were banking on a contestant's potential despite their rawness which most of the time never came to fruition. This year's case is Eben (and to a lesser extent, Shannon) but thankfully America didn't vote him in and that the judges didn't pick him for wildcard. I agree that Simon is not a fan of country or broadway but he did fought for Carrie Underwood and look at her now. He actually critiqued her for being robotic and lacking stage presence. The panel of judges need a mix of this and that, they can't all be the same, otherwise, we'll never hear critiques from different perpectives. He tells it in a business perspective.
    Last edited by jammyjoe; 03-02-2012 at 05:26 PM.
    NFL1, Uncle David and Fanny Mare like this.

Huh? He was outvoted by the two judges. Some of the contestants didn't get in unanimously and still they made it through the semi-finals. Some of them were voted in by America into the finals. Also at that time they were banking on a contestant's potential despite their rawness which most of the time never came to fruition. This year's case is Eben (and to a lesser extent, Shannon) but thankfully America didn't vote him in and that the judges didn't pick him for wildcard. I agree that Simon is not a fan of country or broadway but he did fought for Carrie Underwood and look at her now. He actually critiqued her for being robotic and lacking stage presence. The panel of judges need a mix of this and that, they can't all be the same, otherwise, we'll never hear critiques from different perpectives. He tells it in a business perspective.
    I was going to bring up Carrie, she is the one( along with Jennifer Hudson) that said they looked to Simon for a real critique.So did Adam lambert!! To let them know, and prepare them for what its like outside of the idol machine.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

Well he is gone and I am glad. Those people who love him still have the XFACTOR to watch him work his self-interest

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    As to the bold, you keep saying that & I still don't understand what he said that was so real. Simon was & still is all about Simon, no one else matters to him. I will however agree with you on the RED part. If Simon had something along the lines of the constructive criticism that Iovine has done, that would have been a different thing.
    So you think the other judges were keeping it real? You hear pitch problems, oversinging, indulgent renditions, sharp and flat notes, corny/cheesy performance and yet they praise it? That's not keeping it real. They very seldom do it and only Simon, though sometimes hurtful, will call it most of the time. But that is the name of the game. If they can't have a thick skin, then they will not make it in the business. We need one judge like that but not all 3 as we need heart in the show. We also need Jimmy Iovine, he gives constructive criticism.

Jimmy Iovine lines which resembles Simon Cowell one-liners.

"But if he does get through, its my job that we dont turn this into Sister Act 3.
    "This isnt American Comedian. This is American Idol.
    "Out of tune, I believe out of here.
    "Carrie Underwood Karaoke is just not going to fly"
    "Tonight she was dressed more for the prom than for a live performance."
    "Maybe they thought he was in a night club. Way too kitschy for me. Way too cabaret."
    "Im watching him and saying, This is cheesy! Its a bit Don Cheedle."
    "Top end is screechy and annoys me. Judges loved him. I didnt.
    "A lot of vocal pyrotechnics in place of soul."
    "To win on this show, you have to bring something fresh, original and exciting, and I saw none of that.
    Wow. She sang out of tune the entire song. I can get around that. But what I cant get around is robotic mimicking."
    <Eben> in my opinion, not ready for primetime."

Tonight she was dressed more for the prom than for a live performance."
    That was a Simon line, but no complaints when Jimmy said it .Its because that's what everyone was thinking! Simon, for me, said what I was thinking
    Well, each to their own, mute the judges, I often do. Too many beautifuls for me. I think they should be encouraged, but not when their performance is mediocre at best.
    Uncle David likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread