+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: 2/29 AI 11 Semi Finals: Girls **West Coast Spoilers**

FORT Fogey

Re: 2/29 AI 11 Semi Finals: Girls **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by jammyjoe View Post

P.S. I really missed Simon. Some of the boys and girls would not have gotten away with it. Simon would have destroyed them on the spot. Judges should be replaced with real judges who know the business and not gush over the contestants or downplay their weaknesses.

Why would it be the place of an adult who has power to "destroy" a young person?
    BTW and razorbacker like this.

FORT Fogey

I understand why they did not do any harsh judging on these two rounds. They really do want to see who the viewers favor. Once the show starts I hope they are able to give constructive criticism. The contestants themselves have always said they valued Simons words above all others. His delivery was harsh but he was spot on and they all knew it. It made them stretch to be the best they could.

As much as I like both Jennifer and Steven, they are not good judges. No more gushing, please. It you like them and there is no room for improvement then keep your praise to a minimum. Randy, just continue to do what you do, whatever that is.
    Fanny Mare likes this.

I like Steven Tyler, I really do, but if I hear the man say "beautiful" one more time I'm going to SCREAM!!!!
    Fanny Mare likes this.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Bit View Post
    I like Steven Tyler, I really do, but if I hear the man say "beautiful" one more time I'm going to SCREAM!!!!

I thought it was me! I think its the only word he knows. That was beautiful. It' s a beautiful thing.You are beautiful. Sheesh
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I was pulling for Baylie her first attempt at Idol, so I was set to pull for her again. However, while she did enough to get through to the big stage, her nerves took over where others had more control. I don't think she'll go farther. Also, too tight bodices combined with nerves threw a few of them off their game with breath problems.

Did you notice how many of the girls are from rural areas? I think only one or two claim to sing country, which is remarkable. From the girls this year, I hope to hear range, tonal quality and an understanding of the term pianissimo. Is there anyone on the list who has that delicate touch?
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007 View Post
    Hmm there goes the thought the girls are better than the guys. This bunch stink except for Jessica, Shannon. Hmmm this what you get when you leave singers with some soul sounds off. boredom. I have a feeling after a few weeks I will be done with Idol. Not enough variety for me. I am sure anyone singing R&B.soul are doomed anyway.

I think American Idol has run its course. Time to let it die.
    I'm with you. I don't think I'll make it too far this season....just like I didn't waste a lot of my time last season.

I hear they are having viewer number problems, too.
    Fanny Mare likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by grapenuts View Post
    I was actually thinking she had a speeach impediment, but in her home clip, her brother sounded the same as her. Must be the accent from where she is from?
    Holly is from Liverpool, home of the Fab 4 & a few good singers from the past.

Quote Originally Posted by livin4reality View Post
    I just don't want another final of country music singers. Not to my taste.

I do like Country music, but do not want another country final.

Quote Originally Posted by xmaskat View Post
    Brielle can't go home fast enough to suit me. Ick.
    I agree! What on earth were the judges listening to? I think they must've had earbuds in their ears listening to something else on their ipod.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Shannon: She looks like she is in the Miss America talent competition. Great pipes, but I don't know the song, which makes it that much better. Nicely done!

Too funny, Prhoshay, I said the exact thing to my husband "Why do I feel like I'm watching the Miss America pagent right now?"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789