+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Like Tree62Likes

Thread: 2/28 AI 11 Semi Finals: Boys **West Coast Spoilers**

FORT Fogey

Re: 2/28 AI 11 Show Thread **West Coast Spoilers**

I thought that the judges were trying to be nice to everyone last night so as not to overly influence the voters (since so many are being cut - too harsh in my opinion), until they did mention some critiques later on...so hope they do give advice when we get the top group.

Not sure why Joshua is getting so much hate we thought he was one of the best of the boys, and glad that the little teen who was overly confident didn't come back over smooth Jermaine.

I LOVE LOVE that we have many more variety of genres now that Simon is gone...if they could just bring him back starting at THIS point I'd be happy - I hated how he had his "type" of girl that he wanted to pimp and boo on those who were not in that style.

Can't wait to hear the girls, don't think we can handle too many country girls making it - if any, I like Skylar (little Reba) and hope she does well tonight.

To the Point

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    But those on stage need real advice, not gushy praise
    That may be true, but Simon didn't give real advice either! He didn't give gushy praise, he gave nasty, useless comments. Advice is where what's said actually has some relative merit in being of benefit to improving the performance. That is missing, but that has NEVER really been there, it just wasn't such a lovefest. There needs to be some serious CONSTRUCTIVE criticism, but I don't want Simon back because he doesn't provide that anymore than the current three.
    MsDiva2007 likes this.

I was bored to tears last night.

Quote Originally Posted by NCLurker View Post
    That may be true, but Simon didn't give real advice either! He didn't give gushy praise, he gave nasty, useless comments. Advice is where what's said actually has some relative merit in being of benefit to improving the performance. That is missing, but that has NEVER really been there, it just wasn't such a lovefest. There needs to be some serious CONSTRUCTIVE criticism, but I don't want Simon back because he doesn't provide that anymore than the current three.
    Actually he did. Both Carrie Underwood and Jennifer Hudson have both said so.It doesnt matter much to me, I mute J'lo and the other two, and I am not faithful watcher. Enjoy the show

I was bored to tears last night
    Hmm I didnt see them all, my daughter likes these shows, and she said it was underwhelming.
    Uncle David likes this.

I missed the first half hour because I was watching the Tim Allen show with my son. But I was underwhelmed too.
    Fanny Mare likes this.

I really enjoyed the show, I don't think there was a bad performance in the group. If anyone here is old enough to remember the original Star Search with Ed McMahon; Crieghton totally reminds me of the first season winner Sam Harris. If he sticks around and sings "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" that would be awesome. I believe Deandre singing "Reasons" was a mistake. How could you not campare him to Phillip Bailey, he's good but he's no Phillip.
    "So, what is fame? It's lightening that strikes some people. It's lightening that some people seek." Jewel

I loved Star search! I liked Creighton , but do you think he will be voted through given his age?

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I loved Star search! I liked Creighton , but do you think he will be voted through given his age?
    I don't know, it so hard to tell with Idol being more of a popularity than singing contest.
    Fanny Mare likes this.
    "So, what is fame? It's lightening that strikes some people. It's lightening that some people seek." Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by Tigerusty View Post
    I don't know, it so hard to tell with Idol being more of a popularity than singing contest.
    Yes and the younger girls that vote, I dont know if they would appreciate his talent. Shame its all about look ands popularity.

I think I must have very different taste. I thought the guys went 10 steps backwards. They were much better in earlier performances IMO. What happened? At this point, I'm just praying the girls do well and I'm rooting for my girl from Charlotte, NC!

+ Reply to Thread