+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Like Tree62Likes

Thread: 2/28 AI 11 Semi Finals: Boys **West Coast Spoilers**

FORT Fogey

Re: 2/28 AI 11 Show Thread **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David View Post
    Please! Come back Simon!
    I agree. We are in for another season of gushing.

Anyone know how many will be eliminated from each group on the first cut?
    Uncle David and Fanny Mare like this.

FORT Fogey

Yea.... we saw how well he did on X FACTOR and his choice of several young Pop Princesses to be his "recording artist". Since he has been gone, we have seen the emergence of people with various styles. ....last night was the perfect example......lots of different types.

Thank god he is gone. And I don't need to hear the judges tell me what I should or should not like. I make that decision
    NFL1, NCLurker, MiaT2 and 1 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    I don't get the whole Adam was "brilliant" thing from Steven. I'm just not a fan. Reed? Meh.
    I don't get the Adam thing either and the whole white chocolate reference - please quit saying that!
    Fanny Mare likes this.
    "Since no one can ever know for certain whether or not his own view of life is the correct one, it is absolutely impossible for him to know if someone else's is the wrong one." -Gore Vidal

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    I agree. We are in for another season of gushing.

Anyone know how many will be eliminated from each group on the first cut?
    I really miss Simon

I didnt know auditions were over until my daughter started watching last night . I think she said 6 will be cut, sounds like a lot to me. They had not bad voices, I would say the edge goes to The Voice, but I have only seen handful of their singers
    NFL1, Uncle David and Jaceegirl like this.

Not blown away my any of the guys last night and the over the top praise - I was like really. Are they listening to the same thing that I am listening to?
    "Since no one can ever know for certain whether or not his own view of life is the correct one, it is absolutely impossible for him to know if someone else's is the wrong one." -Gore Vidal

If Simon was capable of giving his opinion with out being overly cruel like he was Idol I would want him back. Simon was somewhat nicer on Xfactor than he has ever been on Idol. I don't miss his sullen attitude or surly looks. I agree with the person that said I don't need the judges opinion to decide who I like.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007 View Post
    If Simon was capable of giving his opinion with out being overly cruel like he was Idol I would want him back. Simon was somewhat nicer on Xfactor than he has ever been on Idol. I don't miss his sullen attitude or surly looks. I agree with the person that said I don't need the judges opinion to decide who I like.
    But those on stage need real advice, not gushy praise
    Uncle David and Jaceegirl like this.

I am interested in how the girls do tonight. Personally, I feel like the guys have it in the bag, from what I've heard so far anyway. Let's see if they can change my mind tonight.

So glad they brought back Jermaine. I hope he stays for awhile. Phillip Phillips remained my favorite of the night. Reed was good, Deandre was good. Singing that Earth Wind and Fire song - that was something! I'd love to hear him do a song with less falsetto though. Didn't get the Joshua love. I can tell he'll stay and annoy me for way longer than he should be there. He's a screamer, not a singer, although he does seem to scream on pitch. Should be a good season though, with all the different types of artists we have so far.

Quote Originally Posted by AsIs View Post
    Dance with My Father was best of night for me.
    What a voice! I am not sure he's AI material, but just being heard, someone will sign him .I love that song, I put Luther on this morning to hear it again( sigh)

I liked the Asian guy, I cant remember his name I haven't heard the name Colton before, but I like this one, far better than the one on Survivor. The guy with the very curly long hair(that he flipped around a lot) the little girls that vote are going to love him

The Pit Girls are Back! Boo! Did you notice the new configuration of the stage to make it look like a Fibonacci shell? That cross reference to Fox's new show Touch, which will premiere in March. Though I don't like the waving arms of the Pit Girls, I do feel sorry that some of them will feel claustrophobic in those narrow cutouts. They also made the female contestants become Pit Girls for this performance. Tonight, will the male contestants be Pit Boys?

I'll wait for the winnowing before I begin to comment on the singing.
    Last edited by Arielflies; 02-29-2012 at 01:37 PM.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

+ Reply to Thread