+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Like Tree62Likes

Thread: 2/28 AI 11 Semi Finals: Boys **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 2/28 AI 11 Show Thread **West Coast Spoilers**

I think the reason so many are cut right away is because we usually get the top 12 or in the last few years (I believe) top 13. The judges have made the choices in the past, but to make a change they are letting America decide.

JMO, but as usual the judges are way over praising and nobody is perfect each time they sing. I like The Voice for that reason and I also don't like all the drama AI continues to show. I didn't even start watching until last night as I knew it would be all about their back stories and showing us the ones that you know would never make it. Lots of different performances last night and to early for me to even say who I thought was good or not. No one blew me away, although I thought the guy they brought back did a wonderful job with singing Dance With My Father. I agree with others about not being sure if he is for AI, but he is very talented.

FORT Regular

Three constestants stood out for me and so far remain my favorite: Reed Grimm, he's awesome, but find it hard to watch him perform as he's awkward and quirky; Colton, he went outside the box and love his style; and Philip Philips - love this guy, he reminds me so much of Lindsay Buckingham of Fleetwood Mac. I like HeeJun too, he makes me smile. But I have to agree with some of you here, I want a "Simon Cowell" in the panel.
    Fanny Mare likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by WalaLang View Post
    Three constestants stood out for me and so far remain my favorite: Reed Grimm, he's awesome, but find it hard to watch him perform as he's awkward and quirky; Colton, he went outside the box and love his style; and Philip Philips - love this guy, he reminds me so much of Lindsay Buckingham of Fleetwood Mac. I like HeeJun too, he makes me smile. But I have to agree with some of you here, I want a "Simon Cowell" in the panel.
    Colton reminded me of Adam Lambert ( gosh I hope it was him) I am not good with any of the names. And, I want a "Simon Cowell" in the panel

Some incredible talent on display last night. And in response to the above....I Am grateful everyday this show comes on that Simon Cowell is nowhere to be seen.
    ibot2much and MsDiva2007 like this.

FORT Fogey

Got to agree with you on both points

Quote Originally Posted by CupidGuest View Post
    I didn't like the singing with Deandre.
    I did not like him either. My how the judges gushed over him. Maybe it was his hair? : Than again the judges gushed over everyone. Really, I didn't think it was that great of a show. There were a few that were good, but most made me say "meh"......
    Fanny Mare likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    Some incredible talent on display last night. And in response to the above....I Am grateful everyday this show comes on that Simon Cowell is nowhere to be seen.
    I was wishing for Simon last night, at least for some honesty. Seriously, they were not all that great.... How can they improve if they do not get honesty.
    Fanny Mare likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    I agree. We are in for another season of gushing.

Anyone know how many will be eliminated from each group on the first cut?
    It appears so.

From what I understood last night, top 5 automatically go thru and than the judges get 1 pick. Thus making 6....
    Fanny Mare likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    But those on stage need real advice, not gushy praise
    I think the real advice happens off camera, and they have said they can't really hear what the judges are saying anyway. What constructive advise did Simon ever give? All I can remember him saying, when asked what the contestant could do to improve, was "sing better." In my opinion, I've heard more constructive critism from this set of judges (with the exception of Steven) than any of the previous judges.

And like someone said upthread, I don't need the judges to tell me who to like.
    NCLurker likes this.
    If you have men who will exclude any of God's creatures from the shelter of compassion and pity you will have men who will deal likewise with their fellow men. - St. Francis of Assisi

Quote Originally Posted by Misty8723 View Post
    I think the real advice happens off camera, and they have said they can't really hear what the judges are saying anyway. What constructive advise did Simon ever give? All I can remember him saying, when asked what the contestant could do to improve, was "sing better." In my opinion, I've heard more constructive critism from this set of judges (with the exception of Steven) than any of the previous judges.

And like someone said upthread, I don't need the judges to tell me who to like.
    Then we will have to agree, to disagree.Others miss Simon, I am not alone nor am I right. I do know what I like though

cheers
    Uncle David likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread