+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 'Idol' Host Seacrest Lands Syndicated TV Show

'Idol' Host Seacrest Lands Syndicated TV Show

'Idol' Host Seacrest Lands Syndicated TV Show
    Thu May 22, 3:31 AM ET

By Steve Brennan

LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - The goodie bag for Ryan Seacrest, host of the Fox hit "American Idol," was overflowing Wednesday as Twentieth Television confirmed that it is joining forces with Seacrest "to bring a different kind of syndicated strip show to the marketplace."

The announcement from Bob Cook, president and chief operating officer of Twentieth Television, came on the same day Seacrest hosted the season finale of "Idol," which has been generating huge ratings.

"There's a huge audience of entire families across the country that are as hooked on pop culture as I am," said Seacrest, who will also serve as an executive producer. "The bottom line is that there isn't a daily, live show that satisfies that craving. We're marrying the newsmagazine and variety show to bring a hybrid of entertainment and information to America, and I can't wait."

The radio and TV personality didn't expand further on the style of the one-hour show, which has yet to be titled, but it is understood that producers will be working to mold it around Seacrest's buoyant interview style that comes through on "American Idol."

Said Cook: "Ryan's appeal has helped to make 'American Idol' one of the biggest success stories in network television."

That would be interesting to watch at least once. Please keep us updated. :cool: It's one thing to be a host and have others the focal point and it's another to be the focal point yourself. He seems to be comfortable with the live audience and camera and hosts a radio show, so he might do well.

So, basically it'll be flat jokes, incorrect information, and flat-ironed hair for an hour a week...Hmmm, not sure if I'm feelin' it, dawg.

To top it off, looking absolutely clueless into the camera wondering" Is this on?".
    In these times of Greatness, what is better than being a Bostonian? Red Sox, Patriots, Celtics (NO. 5anyone?) and I'll even give props to the Black N Gold!!!

I think it was partly Ryan and partly the fact that they turfed out Dunk that made the hosting seem better this year.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Re: 'Idol' Host Seacrest Lands Syndicated TV Show

Originally posted by John

Said Cook: "Ryan's appeal has helped to make 'American Idol' one of the biggest success stories in network television."
    Talk about brain dead analysis.

AI has become one of the biggest success stories IN SPITE OF Ryan's inspid idiocy.

The show is a success for three reasons:

1) The initial buffoons who suck (and are hilarious)
    2) The high quality talent in the final 10/12.
    3) Simon (which also affects #1, since his destruction of those morons is very enjoyable).
    -Michael

Threshold RPG - Our World, Your Imagination

http://www.thresholdrpg.com

A friend of Giselle testshootcom's Avatar
    I have a bet with a friend, we both agree you slap Seacrest, that he is so low on male hormone, he would cry like a little girl.

What we want to figure out is Justin Timberlame vs Ryan Seabreeze on pay per view, would there be any knuckle punches or would it be all cat scratching and hair pulling?

This is the only way he can be on something he headlines and be successful, lord knows only 13 year old girls go for either of them.

Simon is awesome, I have adopted his attitude when it comes to managing my employees, oh howI love to make the accountants sob when I berate them.

I do love how Paula has that contempt for S too, but you know he has had her. You can just tell how ugly that must have been. She is like a debutante at a biker rally, she puts up a good show, but when the cameras are off...

Seacrest had something for a while on Comedy Central or E! like a guest host slot on Talk Soup, he was so bad I have selectively blocked that from my memory. Some poor producer is gonna loose some money quick.
    --------====tSc====--------
    Timothy Hunold
    AIM: TestShootcom
    Yahooim: TestShootcom
    ICQ#: 21478689
    TestShoot.com
    --------====tSc====--------

Wow. Uh, thanks for sharing that story, TSC. Yeah. Hmm.

Re: Re: 'Idol' Host Seacrest Lands Syndicated TV Show

Originally posted by Threshold
    Talk about brain dead analysis.

AI has become one of the biggest success stories IN SPITE OF Ryan's inspid idiocy.

The show is a success for three reasons:

1) The initial buffoons who suck (and are hilarious)
    2) The high quality talent in the final 10/12.
    3) Simon (which also affects #1, since his destruction of those morons is very enjoyable).
    I think Ryan looked like a hosting God in the second season after his joint turn with Dunk in season one.
    "That's Numberwang!"

TestShootCom, your post is so disturbing for so many reasons, I think I will selectively block it from my memory. Have a nice life!
    "You're not getting accurate judging. You're not." -- Simon Cowell

+ Reply to Thread