+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: 2/16 Show Discussion AI 11: Vegas, Baby!

Re: 2/16 Show Discussion AI 11: Vegas, Baby!

I like Colton, but I wish he'd do something about that skunk hair. He looked cuter last year.

Starting with last season and the re-making of Idol production values, performance has played a huge roll in who gets into the voting 24; thus Vegas and the big stage.

We didn't see Iovine or the producers this time around, but we have seen more of Michael Orlando than previously. The next cut is to the 24 (from 42) and from the looks of the preview, Steven celebrates the end of auditions with a dive into a fountain.

Did you notice that Nigel Lithgow was the director for this episode? Possibly he has directed others, but this is the first time I noticed his name as director in the credits.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

I don't remember seeing that mean vocal coach before. I must have missed it when they featured her in previous seasons. I do watch the auditions but sometimes I miss parts of episodes, if they overlap with other reality shows I watch.

Peggy (the coach from hell) was featured last year, and since that was the first year vocal coaching was televised, her hard methods became memorable. They showed clips of last year when the revised M.I.T. walked into the room with the singers knowing how she operates from seeing last year. It was good that they showed her support for the contestants when the music and singing get in sync.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by WinkyD View Post

Okay, a performance of "Jailhouse Rock" is up-coming. Let me say right now: NOTHING will top that done by Taylor Hicks:
    Jailhouse Rock - Taylor Hicks - YouTube
    Thanks for the flashback Winky! Loved it just as much this time.

Last night's jailhouse rock was really lackluster.

I enjoyed last night very much. It was a good show. I did think in the beginning they were putting too many people through. Some were not that great. Surprised and not surprised at some of the final cuts.
    Last edited by Arielflies; 02-17-2012 at 06:26 PM.

Yea, that was probably the worst performance last night. Anybody notice that the Jailhouse Rock performance is not even on the Americal Idol video gallery? While the Wake Up Little Suzie performance is broken.

So is that cowboy still around? I don't think he deserves to move on. There are a few who kept moving on despite better contestants getting cut and hopefully they don't make it to the top 24. I have a feeling though that Eben might make it which sucks because if they want to put through a kid, that black kid that sounds like a young Michael Jackson is so much better than him.

Quote Originally Posted by YellowRose View Post
    I enjoyed last night very much. It was a good show. I did think in the beginning they were putting too many people through. Some were not that great. Surprised and not surprised at some of the final cuts.
    On the other hand, if they had cut to many on the first night, then some of the weaker ones from the second night would have had to be put through.

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    On the other hand, if they had cut to many on the first night, then some of the weaker ones from the second night would have had to be put through.
    That makes sense, especially if they had already planned to make another cut once all the groups from both days had performed.
    It would be interesting to know more about their deliberations, and how long it took to decide on these cuts.

That's why they had to review the performances again and compare the 2nd day performances and 1st day performances, and then decide who make the top 42. I think Eben and Richie the cowboy took the spots of Johnny Kersey and Jairon.

Wake Up Little Susie - Vegas performances - American Idol
    Last edited by jammyjoe; 02-17-2012 at 03:22 PM.

What is cowboy's name? Thanks, all I can remember is cowboy.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast