+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: 2/16 Show Discussion AI 11: Vegas, Baby!

Re: 2/16 Show Discussion AI 11: Vegas, Baby!

I am really liking this current group. I like the girl the best.

FORT Fogey

I think they needed some longer solo parts.

WHAT?! ANGIE DUMPED?! OMG!! She has a SPECTACULAR voice! FEH!

'Til next week!
    Last edited by WinkyD; 02-16-2012 at 11:04 PM.

Winky. You are amazing with the names. Thanks a lot!

I don't see the point of having them learn some choreography and put together a routine for this group round. This is a singing competition- dancing is not required and neither is choreography- just let them get up on stage and do what they are there to do, which is sing! Don't get me wrong, I liked seeing the groups and their cute little dance numbers, but I think it was completely unecessary. I also think that although the group rounds are my favorite, they are not necessary either. This isn't American Groups, it's American Idol- only 1 winner- so why does it even matter if they can play well with others or harmonize and sway back and forth in time with each other?
    JunkieGirl likes this.

There doesn't seem to be much interest this year, not many people posting. Anyway, I enjoyed Vegas week the most so far. Maybe because they were coached to perform as groups and there is somewhat of a production. I believe the real reason why they put them in groups is for the judges to know who can stand out the best among them. I could see who will be cut just based on who actually stood out from each group. Sometimes all of them stood out on their own but there is one or two who gets drowned out and apparently gets cut. Sometimes though the worst singer in the group still makes it because the group as a whole did quite good in their performance but the mediocre singers got eventually weeded out when they were cutting more contestants in the end. I so far agree with the cuts except for two (Johnny Keyser and Jairon Jackson) and I don't agree with a couple who they kept ( Shannon Magraneover and Eben Christian Franckewitz) over the ones that they cut.

We saw glimpses of Ashley Robles who got cut and I believe was in X-factor in one of the manufactured groups. I don't know if Season 10 castoff Hollie Cavanagh made it. Glad that Deandre Brackensick and Colton Dixon are still alive who I really thought should have made it last year over Brett Loewenstern and Jovany Barreto.

The best performance I believe is Sealed With a Kiss. It was a very strong group but unfortunately it wasn't enough to put everyone through. Nick Boddington was drowned out by the excellent individual performances of the others. If he was with a weaker group of inidividuals, he may have stood out.

Once again last night there were some great performances. There seems to be so much talent this year. It's going to be tough to pick & stick with a favorite.

FORT Fogey

jammyjoe, Jairon got cut?! I thought he and his entire group went on.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

I don't understand the change of venue. What's the point of moving to Hollywood and then to Las Vegas? People should sound the same wherever they sing so why move all the contestants to a different city each week? I only got to watch part of American Idol because I watched Project Runway when it came on. I didn't get to watch it at all on Wednesday because it was on at the same time as Survivor.

I do understand them having the contestants work in groups and doing choreography. A singer who can move around the stage and dance in videos is more valuable than a studio singer. And a singer who can do duets or sing with multiple people is more valuable than a solo singer. They don't know what niche a singer will fall into after they leave Idol so the more talents they have, the more options there will be for them as they pursue their musical career.

FORT Fogey

The brother and sister saga continued last night. I thought the sister was kind of a snip with the constant eye rolls when they brought her brother out in the audition show......He apparently sat out this round because she was upset that she got cut last year.

Although it could have been editing, they showed her threesome watching the brother's group perform last night and she was not clapping for the group when they finished. His behavior, however when she was cut, was total concern and love.

Yes the entire group went on but before the end of the show they needed to cut more people to bring down the number to 42 and Jairon was one of the casualties.

American Idol Las Vegas 2012 Where's Jairon.wmv - YouTube

And I still think the best group was Lady and The Spectacles.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast