+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: 2/9 Hollywood Group Night 1 AI 11 Discussion

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Re: 2/9 Hollywood Group Night 1 AI 11 Discussion

I think a lot of the sickness was just nerves. I've had more than one occasion where I was sick as a dog right before a major test (like final exams) at school and it miraculously cleared up as soon as I finished the test! My ordeals were small potatoes compared to the stiff competition at an extended audition like this so I would bet that a lot of the flu-like symptoms are just a bad case of the jitters.
    mesachick and Fanny Mare like this.

That's very possible pikachu.

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

I enjoy the Hollywood Rounds, and I enjoyed the episodes this week. Good to hear more of the better singers, and I'm glad they're letting us know when some of the people who were high-lighted in the auditions got let go (and why - sometimes). I'll take AI any day over The Voice and X-Factor. I like the show better, and I think AI is still getting the better talent overall.

I like the Voice, but couldn't stand the X Factor.

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    How are you certain he didn't pass one? He alluded to that fact (and he is the one that said he excused himself to his room to deal with it), and one of the members of his group said that he did in fact pass a stone. Unless I misheard what the group member said. There was also another young man that had been throwing up in his room all night. So that would be at least four kids. I agree about the hype though - it certainly made me squirm! LOL
    I missed this episode (Thank God!) but I've had three kidney stones myself. Two had to be removed, one I passed on my own. It sounds as if this kid calmly got up, walked to his room, passed the stone, then returned to the competition. Now I don't know. Maybe he did. But from my experience, that seems highly unlikely. I was in extreme, excruciating pain with my kidney stones. Pain that made childbirth seem like a walk in the park. But, saying he passed a stone sure sounds dramatic, so if that's the effect they were going for, it worked.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Bit View Post
    I missed this episode (Thank God!) but I've had three kidney stones myself. Two had to be removed, one I passed on my own. It sounds as if this kid calmly got up, walked to his room, passed the stone, then returned to the competition. Now I don't know. Maybe he did. But from my experience, that seems highly unlikely. I was in extreme, excruciating pain with my kidney stones. Pain that made childbirth seem like a walk in the park. But, saying he passed a stone sure sounds dramatic, so if that's the effect they were going for, it worked.
    I have had a few kidney stones too and the pain had a big range. I had an overnight hospital stay with the worse pain imaginable, but I also have had one at work with hardly any pain and continued to work that day, so it depends on the size and location of the stone.

I have also had kidney stones & while the pain is awful, it paled in comparison to the night my appendix burst.

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    I have also had kidney stones & while the pain is awful, it paled in comparison to the night my appendix burst.
    Dang Razor! Ouch!
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234