+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: 2/1/12 Show Discussion: Audition * Spoilers*

Time to Come Back, Boys Arielflies's Avatar

2/1/12 Show Discussion: Audition * Spoilers*

Another city, another audition. Here's to hoping a voice pops up.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

FORT Fogey

Re: 2/1/12 Show Discussion: Audition * Spoilers*

I liked neither of the first 2 people, but especially not Philly Dawg! Nor 6'8" Faux-Luther.
    Last edited by WinkyD; 02-01-2012 at 08:23 PM.

FORT Fogey

I'm not liking much tonight!

Wow. Last blonde guy will look the same until he's seventy.

I have to be honest, I'm not very impressed with most of the people they are sending through this season. Only a couple stand out for me and the rest are blah.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

I was teaching last night, watching the Oregon recording now. One and three are off the chart good. Number two's energy gave me a giggle fit. I want to see one and three make it to public votes...so good.
    You can do it!

Four good--voice is strong. Sad that people are doing these back stories to get on

Five--well you know if the start tune is "how do you like these knockers" the knockers might be strong and the voice not. Lordy
    You can do it!

FORT Fogey

I think in these early rounds they choose some who may not make it all the way but want to make sure the pot is big enough. They are also exhausted and may make some choices they, themselves, question later.

Baby face is going to look stranger and stranger as he ages! Kind of creepy look, poor kid. At least he thinks he is cute and that is all that matters, really.

I loved Stephans comment, after oogling yet another girl, "I am too young to be this old."

I liked Jennifers comment, too. The young girl with two boys had just finnished and as she left Randy said 'the next american idol' or something like that. She turned to him and replied, and she just may be. A harbinger to come?

Sad that people are doing these back stories to get on
    The production team does these. I don't hold it against the singer. It sometimes turns the viewers off, too.

I would love to see a documenary of how these auditions work. Many thousands show up and the pre judging team cannot not hear them all certainly. How on earth do they handle this? We know some are recruits, some have come to their attention by their agents but this isn't the case for all of them. In the beginning I do think most or many did the preliminary audition but no more. AND they have to interview to get the backstories they show. Huge job.
    Fanny Mare and sparklete like this.

Time to Come Back, Boys Arielflies's Avatar

What I found ironic is that with a show in the Northwest, the majority we heard/saw go through were from the east coast. I guess they thought the crowds would be less daunting in Portland than east coast cities.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

It turns me off Shoepie, all ths back stories. I only saw one audition last night ,the last one. She got through because of her story not her voice. I may tune in for the final 12, but its so predictable who ends up winning( someone safe usually)
    Shoepie likes this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast