+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Critical
  • 1 Post By TeacherLady

Thread: 1/26/12 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

1/26/12 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Please keep all discussion of the show in this thread until midnight eastern time. Thanks

Just want to say, the first contestant had obvious mental issues and I really HATE it when they exploit people like that. Not amusing or funny to me at all. I thought they had cut that cr*p out this year. My husband noticed it too and was equally unimpressed.

FORT Fogey

Re: 1/26/12 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

So...Texas is where the losers are. Heh.

Girl whom JLo wanted was not the right...type for the boys to her side.
    And execrable Linda WAS awful, as JLo said.

Ridiculous judging tonight.
    Last edited by WinkyD; 01-26-2012 at 08:33 PM.

Some of these kooky auditions just make me want to turn the channel ... same thing, over and over again for all these years. Deluded person begging to be given a chance, lots of eye rolls or laughing at the person - it gets old.
    I can do without these early episodes if the majority of what they show us are these awful auditions. It's torture to wait til we get to the good shows.

Quote Originally Posted by navybelle View Post
    Some of these kooky auditions just make me want to turn the channel ... same thing, over and over again for all these years. Deluded person begging to be given a chance, lots of eye rolls or laughing at the person - it gets old.
    I can do without these early episodes if the majority of what they show us are these awful auditions. It's torture to wait til we get to the good shows.
    That's what I don't like about the early auditions. I have friends who LOVE this part - they like laughing at the bad singers and people who makes fools of themselves. I just feel bad for them.

I will say that things are a bit less mean without Simon. At least Steven and Jennifer are more tactful and kind.

ETA: I love Steven Tyler. Simon would never hug a contestant's friend just because they were a fan. Of course, she was really cute too, but he didn't know that beforehand!
    Last edited by Critical; 01-26-2012 at 11:16 PM.
    Shoepie likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

They all have to pass a production interview and pre-audition before they stand in front of the judges. Who knows how many above average singers (without personality or schtick) get turned away at that point. They showed one of Scotty's initial interviews and he told them he was normal. It's amazing he got through the arena.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by navybelle View Post
    I have watched very little of the auditions, because every time I put it on - and it's just random times when I switch over - they are showing the deluded idiots and making a big fuss about it. So, I will wait for Hollywood week and go from there. I'm so over these stupid auditions. Show me the GOOD singers and I will watch.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

I agree. You won't be seeing my posts until the Hollywood Round shows start, because I can't abide the audition shows. But I am really looking forward to AI 11, especially getting to play the Prediction Game again.

Ha! I need to change my location. I am only "on summer vacation" in my own mind!
    Shoepie likes this.

+ Reply to Thread