+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: 1/22 Audition Show Discussion Thread

1/22 Audition Show Discussion Thread

The game is now into overtime. AI will air eventually.

ETA: The game has finished in the Giant's favor. Now into Post Game - show will probably air closer to the top of the hour.
    Last edited by Arielflies; 01-22-2012 at 10:40 PM.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Re: 1/22 Audition Show Discussion Thread

Finally at 5 min before the hour!

It is hyped as an audition unlike any other.

The USS Midway is given a grand opening in the San Diego Harbor and here we goooooo.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

I am surprised that first girl didn't make it through. I figured Randy and Stephen would be too gaga to let her go home.

And, "I Will Always Love You" needs to be banned from this show.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

Maybe we should chug on over to namby pamby land where we can find some self confidence for you, you jackwagon!

I live in San Diego so I am excited to see if the child of anyone I know auditioned for the show.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

But, the singer, Ashley Robles, sang it like nobodies' business. She has a rich tone and phenomenal range.

I really liked Wolf once he got going on the git-fiddle or whatever. 23 in San Diego received tickets, one of whom is Jim Carrey's daughter. She wasn't terrific and needs to work on presentation, but of course, they had to put her through. duh.

There was also a curly moppet haired 19 year old who attends Cal Berkeley, but instead of extolling the education for which his folks are paying through the nose, he highlighted his fraternity life. So sad. He made it through with a pleasant voice, nothing special, imo, but the judges raved.

There was a funny filler bit about all the boat horns and airplanes disrupting the ability to hear and talk that was well edited.
    Last edited by Arielflies; 01-23-2012 at 12:04 AM.
    sparklete likes this.

FORT Fogey

Jane Carry will not make the final 12 or 10 but I bet she will survive a round or two in Hollywood. Hard not to think that her Dad was a deciding factor in putting her through so swiftly. They skipped the humming and hawing about not being ready or they will eat you alive which would have been expected. Sweet girl though.
    sparklete likes this.

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

I see why this show was stuck late on a Sunday night. I enjoyed the show, but there weren't any real stand-outs for me. The segment with Jane Carrey was fun, and I enjoyed Wolf.

Ashley Robles was very good - however, I kept thinking her name sounded really familiar to me. I Googled her. I'm guessing I saw something about her being a possible ringer. So, where has she been? She hasn't been the quiet mommy she claimed to be with some DJ gigs here and there. She has had 2 recording contracts (RCA in 2000 and BMG in 2003), and she made a single in '03. Her DJ business isn't hurting, either. She was the DJ for Kendra Wilkinson's wedding at the Playboy mansion. I don't really have a problem with her past opportunities, but they just made it look like she's some undiscovered nobody who could be at the brink of a big new career.

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

If anyone missed this episode, I believe it's going to be shown again on Tuesday at 8pm.
    Little Sew&Sew and JavaJo like this.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

We waited for the end of the game and I thought I had set up the dvr to record for an hour, but it only recorded for 30 minutes so I missed seeing who the famous father was.

The show is scheduled to repeat like BuckeyeAddict said.

This is from AI's facebook page:

If anyone missed the San Diego auditions on Sunday night, we are airing an encore presentation TONIGHT! Tune in to FOX at 8/7c. Watch a sneak peek at some of the characters who were there.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast