+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: 1/19/2012 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 1/19/2012 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

The thing is, he exceeded our expectations, but in no way is he star material. There are just too many better voices (and let's face it - pretty people). He'll be cut in Hollywood.
    Count your blessings!

I can see them letting people through that will get cut.

But I can see that people would have an outer body experience getting the yes...the sense of approval. And maybe one or two of those can tweak themselves or put on a show that they did not the first time. So it is all good.
    You can do it!

FORT Fogey

I am thrilled to see they are not showing, or yet anyway, the horrible auditions. I hate to see people humiliated and despise the over the top fame seekers.

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    The thing is, he exceeded our expectations, but in no way is he star material. There are just too many better voices (and let's face it - pretty people). He'll be cut in Hollywood.
    I thought the same thing. It looked like he was going to be another William Hung, but he actually sang well. However, his enunciating needs a bit of work.

Not sure what to think about Creighton Fraker. He's the guy who Steven kept saying was beautiful. Very unusual, and he really drew me in. But I'm not sure if I'd want to keep listening to him.

My favorite so far from both shows is Reed Grimm. I guess I never watched Family Matters at all, because the theme did not sound familiar. But I was so entertained by his audition!

Don't forget the Sunday night episode. Check your listings, because it says it will be on after the NFL playoff game, which should be around 10pm EST (if you're recording, expect it to start later than that). But I saw somebody else's post that it was starting at 7pm in their time zone.
    Last edited by BuckeyeAddict; 01-21-2012 at 08:52 AM.

I have to say, I am really enjoying the auditions this season. Usually I hate the audition episodes! Like others said, it's nice not to hear many of the awful auditions. I could do without some of these back stories though. As long as none of them get to Gokey-esque levels, I guess I'm okay with it at this stage in the show.

Honestly, I think I've only disliked the voices of two people they've shown us that they passed through (can't remember names, sorry)-- the girl with the braids & leopard (?) print pants in Night 1, and the really nasally guy from NYC in Night 2. Otherwise, I've enjoyed everyone to varying degrees.

FORT Fogey

I think they let a few through that would not have gotten Simon's vote. They will be weeded out. By the way things are going, it will be a huge Hollywood group.

He activates my yummy!!!! yourefired's Avatar

Based on the sheer number of golden tickets given out so far, I'd have to agree that they let people through who Simon wouldn't have. Didn't they usually average 20-25 per city with Simon? I think one city got 50+ unless I heard incorrectly.

I'm totally in favor of not showcasing the bad singers. That's why I never watched the auditions.

Jim Carrey's daughter got through on name only. She wasn't ready. The young volleyball player MLB pitcher's daughter was much better than her. I haven't found too many I hate. I just hope the judges will have more criticism this year. All the pollyanna of last year made my teeth hurt.
    Geisha Ninja Sparkle Dance
    Twirling Ninja Sparkle Dance

Quote Originally Posted by yourefired View Post
    Based on the sheer number of golden tickets given out so far, I'd have to agree that they let people through who Simon wouldn't have. Didn't they usually average 20-25 per city with Simon? I think one city got 50+ unless I heard incorrectly.

I'm totally in favor of not showcasing the bad singers. That's why I never watched the auditions.

Jim Carrey's daughter got through on name only. She wasn't ready. The young volleyball player MLB pitcher's daughter was much better than her. I haven't found too many I hate. I just hope the judges will have more criticism this year. All the pollyanna of last year made my teeth hurt.
    On the other hand under the guidance of THE GREAT Simon Cowell, we got astounding talents along the lines of Kevin Covais, Scott Savol, Janay Castain & Lea Labelle. Simon is gone. Good riddance.

FORT Fogey

Agree with you and without the GSC, they got one of the biggest selling Idols......Scottie ...who never would have gotten past the big self-important man

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12