+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 60 123456789101151 ... LastLast
Like Tree100Likes

Thread: Season 11 Prediction Game

Season 11 Prediction Game

Yes folks, another season of American Idol has started, so keep an eye on your favorites through the auditions and through Hollywood week, because when we get to the Top 24 (or whenever the live shows start), it'll be time for the prediction game if people are interested in playing!

I'll post rules to this thread as we get closer to the semifinals, but you can bet it'll be like seasons past: guess the results between the performance show and the results show, and get points if you're right! Who will be this year's oracle??

Re: Season 11 Prediction Game

Thanks jsciv! I started playing last year before fulling understanding the rules and still had a short ride on the bus. Great fun!
    Count your blessings!

No waiting around this time. The tour bus is warming up &I think there is a seat with my name on it, but I have thought that before...

Yeah, I'm predicting that I'll be huffin' exhaust fumes again!
    Lookin' forward to playing again.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

So if you make it on the bus, does that mean your prediction is wrong and we'll have to throw you off?
    Ellen likes this.
    Count your blessings!

We have a Top 24 (er, 25) and next week, the vote is to America to decide the finalists, the Top 12!

If America is voting that means that the Season 11 Prediction game is beginning as well!!

The game will work as it has in years past. Every week watch the performance show and decide who you think is doing well and who is at the bottom, then make your guesses here for points before the results show starts. The person who guesses the best over the course of the season and ends with the most points will be our Prediction Idol for this year! Who will win? Let's find out!

The semifinal week will work slightly differently than our usual game. In a usual week you can earn up to 21 points by correctly guessing who's going home. But during semifinal week, you can earn up to 24 points by naming the finalists!!

Here are the rules for this week: watch on Tuesday and Wednesday night and then make your guesses for which six guys and which six girls will make it to the top 12. Then report it to this thread before the start of the result show (on the east coast) on Thursday. For each person you correctly name who makes it into the top 12, you'll get 2 points. It's just that simple!

So get ready everyone, this.... is American Idol Prediction Game!

Sounds great! I'm in. So we go from 24 to 12 all in one week?

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

Even though it took us longer to get to the top 12, I really did like it better when the top 24(ish) was reduced 2 per sex per week. Going from 24 to 12 in one week is awfully harsh. You know some good people are going to slip through the cracks.

Thanks jsciv! Looking forward to playing!
    NFL1 likes this.

Yes, I was just thinking that this morning. Going from 24 to 12 in one week with each contestant having only one chance to impress the voters is too abrupt, and surely some singers will be eliminated who would've made it if they'd had 3 weeks to grow more comfortable.

But that said, I'm looking forward to this season of AI and playing the Prediction Game again.

FORT Fogey

Im in too - and wishing we had a few weeks to vote, and decline slowly...this year there are so many more on the good-great side than in years past when there was only 1-2 who were let go that I thought could make the competition!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 60 123456789101151 ... LastLast