+ Reply to Thread
Page 58 of 60 FirstFirst ... 848495051525354555657585960 LastLast
Like Tree100Likes

Thread: Season 11 Prediction Game

Re: Season 11 Prediction Game

Since I joined so late I have no chance at anything, so have nothing to lose. My opinion is that Phillip should win. Jessica sounded terrible on the song that is suppose to be hers if she wins. I think all of you voting for Jessica are right in the sense that she could unfairly end up being the winner because of all the factors that Echo mentioned. I am going with my heart instead of my head. Jessica - please be sent home.

Phillip Phillips - the winner of AI

Quote Originally Posted by xmaskat View Post
    I keep going back & forth on who to put down for the win. I'm trying to figure out where Joshua's votes might have gone, if his fans even bothered to vote for either of them (I know I didn't vote, but some may have.)
    I am a primarily a Joshua and Skylar fan, so I didn't bother to vote last night. I don't care who wins.

Well, I got 2 predictions correct last night. I picked Phillip & now I have to call DirecTv to get a new remote as I completely wore out my FF button on Fantasia. What an incredible screaming mess that woman is.

Thanks to jcsiv for another great season of THE GAME & next year I'll send along that bribe earlier in the year to insure my bussiifcation.

For many weeks I have been guessing with heart over head ... and the one week I decide to be practical ... look what happens!

I have never been happier to be wrong. '

Phillip really grew on me ... and it has much to do with sincerity, warmth and personality.

America got it right!
    TLynnMartin and ilja like this.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by echo226 View Post
    For many weeks I have been guessing with heart over head ... and the one week I decide to be practical ... look what happens!

I have never been happier to be wrong. '

Phillip really grew on me ... and it has much to do with sincerity, warmth and personality.

America got it right!
    I totally agree, he is now my favourite American Idol Contestant, which used to belong to Carrie Underwood. I see big things for this young man and I believe he will be the most successful male contestant ever. As for Jessica, I would have been disappointed had she won, yet this young lady is going to have a fabulous career as well. There is no denying she has the voice, it was the connection and the warmth that Phillip had that she was missing. In a few more years she will have more life experience and be the total package. This has been the most talented top 6 ever. They will all have careers ahead of them for sure. I cannot wait for Phillips single on the radio! I am so happy for him. It was a well deserved win!

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    Well, I got 2 predictions correct last night. I picked Phillip & now I have to call DirecTv to get a new remote as I completely wore out my FF button on Fantasia. What an incredible screaming mess that woman is.

Thanks to jcsiv for another great season of THE GAME & next year I'll send along that bribe earlier in the year to insure my bussiifcation.
    The Fantasia/Diana year was the worst year of Idol ever.....she looked a joke beebopping around - we thought her pants split. Who could have believed she was voted an Idol winner.
    Jaceegirl likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by TLynnMartin View Post
    The Fantasia/Diana year was the worst year of Idol ever.....she looked a joke beebopping around - we thought her pants split. Who could have believed she was voted an Idol winner.
    And when you see what elegant women she competed against, for example Jennifer Hudson, a mega superstar, she has been so gracious with all she has faced recently... Diana DeGarmo, gets Ace!! And is also doing well on Broadway and seems so nice and happy .... Fantasia may have won, but the girl is tacky! Suicide attempts.... bankruptcy... an affair with a married man. Mess. Can you tell I am no fan?
    TLynnMartin, Debb70 and Jaceegirl like this.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

I suppose it's fitting that this busy year where I've had some late updates completes with a late update on the contest, but as you can see, we do have results!

Winner: Phillip Phillips

WGWG#5 need I say more?

Finale Results:

Arielflies: Phillip Phillips = 8
    BuckeyeAddict: Phillip Phillips = 8
    Debb70: Phillip Phillips = 8
    echo226: Jessica Sanchez = 0
    Fanny Mare: Phillip Phillips = 8
    Gutmutter: Phillip Phillips = 8
    ilja: Phillip Phillips = 8
    Jaceegirl: Phillip Phillips = 8
    JLuvs: Jessica Sanchez = 0
    jsciv: Phillip Phillips = 8
    kenny2604: Jessica Sanchez = 0
    Madison_2008: Phillip Phillips = 8
    mesachick: Jessica Sanchez = 0
    Misty8723: Jessica Sanchez = 0
    NFL1: Jessica Sanchez = 0
    norm: Phillip Phillips = 8
    r2maybs: Jessica Sanchez = 0
    razorbacker: Phillip Phillips = 8
    TeacherLady: Jessica Sanchez = 0
    TLynnMartin: Phillip Phillips = 8
    TNKY: Phillip Phillips = 8
    Vote4Makar: Phillip Phillips = 8
    xmaskat: Jessica Sanchez = 0
    zanthia: Phillip Phillips = 8

We guessed Phillip two to one so I guess corporately we're on the ball.

However, we did have a bit of a shakeup near the top. None of the three who were Top 3 last week guessed correctly (thanks kenny2604 for guessing incorrectly and making it look close!), resulting in a bit of a shake up at the top. TLynnMartin and norm, you'll have to duke it out to figure out who will take the crown should kenny2604 be unable to perform his duties on tour!

Meanwhile a tie for tenth means that we have a top 11 again, though since the bus was only designed for 10 BuckeyeAddict and razorbacker will have to take turns hanging out the window on tour.

So your AI 11 Prediction Game winner is officially... kenny2604!
    Congratulations! Drop the confetti and play the music. What's your single???

Congrats also to norm, razorbacker, Gutmutter, echo226, Arielflies, and JLuvs; all of whom made at least one perfect guess during the season. Well done!

Final Standings!

1: kenny2604 - 153
    2: norm - 146
    2: TLynnMartin - 146
    4: zanthia - 144
    5: TeacherLady - 142
    6: jsciv - 139
    7: xmaskat - 138
    7: TNKY - 138
    9: NFL1 - 137
    10: BuckeyeAddict - 133
    10: razorbacker - 133

12: Gutmutter - 132
    13: echo226 - 127
    14: Vote4Makar - 129
    15: r2maybs - 124
    16: Arielflies - 121
    17: Tigerusty - 110
    18: Misty8723 - 108
    19: RyMac - 107
    20: mesachick - 106

21: Fanny Mare - 91
    22: Madison_2008 - 81
    23: JLuvs - 71
    24: mindy384 - 65
    25: Debb70 - 68
    27: Jaceegirl - 57
    26: Helenmaco2 - 43
    28: ilja - 31
    28: Tirlittan - 18
    30: LT1 - 17
    30: fan*addict: 17
    32: DezBelle: 13
    33: Ellen - 12
    34: Magnum - 6

Finally, on a personal note, thanks again to everyone who participated this year. While I'd probably still be watching AI even if we weren't playing the game, participating in this every year makes the AI experience so much more fun for me, and I hope that everyone else had a great time with it. I can tally numbers and such, but it's the participation of all of you that makes the game so much fun and I can't thank everyone enough for joining in this crazy game of prognistication!

Congratulations to everyone again, and we'll see you all in 2012 to do it one more time!
    Debb70 likes this.

It was fun! I dropped from being 1st for a couple of weeks to 5th, due to lousy guesses near the end, but it's still the highest I ever finished.

Thanks, jsciv, for running the game. Let's go all 1970s and have a wine and cheese party on the bus!
    NFL1 likes this.

Only a late season surge got me to the bus, but being the gentleman I will give up the seat to Buckeye Addict. Just treat me like Romney's dog & strap me to the top, as long as someone remembers to feed & water me every once in a while.

Thanks again for handling all the toting up chores jcsiv. Let's do it again next year on the White Guy With Guitar Express Tour!

+ Reply to Thread