Like Tree100Likes

Thread: Season 11 Prediction Game

Re: Season 11 Prediction Game

Safe: Phillip
    Outta Here: Joshua

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by jsciv View Post
    This game has always had to have a nod to producer influence, and it's something you just have to take into account when you're making your guesses. You'll note that we're always predicting "Safe" not "next lowest votes", and it's precisely because they can (and I believe HAVE) sometimes put someone in the "at risk to go home" spotlight without that person being a lower-vote getter.

But that's just part of how you have to play!

Well it sure is fun to see how everyone guesses. We should all at least get one right this week!

I can't decide the order between my bottom two picks at all lol. My best guess...

Safe: Joshua
    Leaving: Jessica
    sadsoccermom likes this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

FORT Fanatic

Not predicting yet. I am surprised they gave Phillip a standing ovation for that Bob Segar song last night. I love him, I am rooting for him. I felt Jimmy picked a song that would show his vocal weakness. Phillip, to me, sounded horrible, looked terrified, and was totally set up. When they stood up, I was shocked. I feel - in my opinion - they wanted to hi-lite his lack of vocal ability compared to Jessica and Joshua. I feel they gave him a standing ovation so his fans would think he is safe. I was totally ticked off. Now I'm thinking am I deaf, because reading everything today everybody is applauding his performance. What did I miss? Somebody, please tell me? Please?
    Debb70 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by TLynnMartin View Post
    Not predicting yet. I am surprised they gave Phillip a standing ovation for that Bob Segar song last night. I love him, I am rooting for him. I felt Jimmy picked a song that would show his vocal weakness. Phillip, to me, sounded horrible, looked terrified, and was totally set up. When they stood up, I was shocked. I feel - in my opinion - they wanted to hi-lite his lack of vocal ability compared to Jessica and Joshua. I feel they gave him a standing ovation so his fans would think he is safe. I was totally ticked off. Now I'm thinking am I deaf, because reading everything today everybody is applauding his performance. What did I miss? Somebody, please tell me? Please?
    I know nothing about pitch or anything else, but I really liked Phillip's final performance, I thought he sounded the best he has in a long time. On both his second and third song. I also heard something diffrent on his second song I guess, because I loved it. And the judges said he didn't have a 'moment." If you have to scream and be over the top to have a moment, then I guess he didn't. But to me it was a moment for him and I loved it.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Misty8723 View Post
    I know nothing about pitch or anything else, but I really liked Phillip's final performance, I thought he sounded the best he has in a long time. On both his second and third song. I also heard something diffrent on his second song I guess, because I loved it. And the judges said he didn't have a 'moment." If you have to scream and be over the top to have a moment, then I guess he didn't. But to me it was a moment for him and I loved it.
    I loved his first and second song, especially the first. It was by far the best of the night - in my opinion. Joshua was too over the top - in my opinion. But I actually felt bad for Phillip on that last song, he has never looked more uncomfortable on that stage as he did then, which perhaps will work in his favour. I still think he will make the finale - at least I hope. But not predicting - yet. Need to mull this all over.

Thanks a lot jsciv for hosting the game this year. Got lucky with my guesses the past few weeks and I still believe that any of the remaining three could make the finale.
    First, my thoughts on the final three
    1. P2 --- Plus: Idol history is in favor of wgwg. Minus: Don't think he has the charisma of David C and Kris A. Also, what are the odds of wgwg winning 5 years in a row?
    2. Joshua -- Plus: Good singer and maybe America will feel that it is time for a change this year. Minus: I can't seem to associate the word "current" with him. Also, other good singers (e.g., Elliot, Melinda) have finished at no. 3 in idol history.
    3. Jessica -- Plus: Good vocals and a strong fanbase that should never be underestimated. Minus: Don't think she's the next Kelly or Carrie. More like the next Jordin?

Tough week but I've decided to go against the trend. If I get it right, I might increase my lead over the Teacher and if I get it wrong, I may lose the #1 spot. It's make or break time!

Going Home: Phillip

Quote Originally Posted by kenny2604 View Post
    Thanks a lot jsciv for hosting the game this year. Got lucky with my guesses the past few weeks and I still believe that any of the remaining three could make the finale.
    First, my thoughts on the final three
    1. P2 --- Plus: Idol history is in favor of wgwg. Minus: Don't think he has the charisma of David C and Kris A. Also, what are the odds of wgwg winning 5 years in a row?
    2. Joshua -- Plus: Good singer and maybe America will feel that it is time for a change this year. Minus: I can't seem to associate the word "current" with him. Also, other good singers (e.g., Elliot, Melinda) have finished at no. 3 in idol history.
    3. Jessica -- Plus: Good vocals and a strong fanbase that should never be underestimated. Minus: Don't think she's the next Kelly or Carrie. More like the next Jordin?

Tough week but I've decided to go against the trend. If I get it right, I might increase my lead over the Teacher and if I get it wrong, I may lose the #1 spot. It's make or break time!

Going Home: Phillip
    Ouch! I would say good luck with your record, but I can't hope your prediction makes it.LOL I'm still mulling my prediction over....not that it matters. I'm too low down for it to make any difference. LOL

FORT Fogey

What does wgwg mean?

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    What does wgwg mean?
    white guy with guitar
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread