+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 60 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718192021222324252627 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 170 of 591
Like Tree100Likes

Thread: Season 11 Prediction Game

  1. #161
    Live-Love-Laugh Fanny Mare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    24,924

    Re: Season 11 Prediction Game

    Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    I still think Erika and Elise are splitting votes and Elise got a tongue bath from the judges right after singing and again at the end when Ryan asked them who stood out. That's why I put Erika at the bottom.
    Yes, I think you are right.
    NFL1 likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

  2. #162
    FORT Aficionado echo226's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Stuck in the Middle
    Posts
    8,645

    Re: Season 11 Prediction Game

    It looks like the bus seating arrangements will change again. Is there a bus equivalent of keel hauling to which we can treat Heejun ?

    I found this week more difficult and wanting Heejun out of there let heart prevail over head. I just don't believe he deserves to be there when people who are taking this seriously, have more talent, and aspiring to and working toward their dream get booted.
    Debb70 and Jaceegirl like this.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

    " The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

  3. #163
    FORT Fogey Debb70's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    10,891

    Re: Season 11 Prediction Game

    Quote Originally Posted by echo226 View Post
    It looks like the bus seating arrangements will change again. Is there a bus equivalent of keel hauling to which we can treat Heejun ?

    I found this week more difficult and wanting Heejun out of there let heart prevail over head. I just don't believe he deserves to be there when people who are taking this seriously, have more talent, and aspiring to and working toward their dream get booted.
    I can take his disrespect and attempt at humor, but I believe he is lying quite a bit about most everything he says. That annoys me.
    Fanny Mare and Jaceegirl like this.

  4. #164
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    2,132

    Re: Season 11 Prediction Game

    Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I can take his disrespect and attempt at humor, but I believe he is lying quite a bit about most everything he says. That annoys me.
    That is funny since Diddy said he thought he was a con man-----and if there is anybody who know a con, I think it is the original man himself....Diddy

  5. #165
    FORT Aficionado echo226's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Stuck in the Middle
    Posts
    8,645

    Re: Season 11 Prediction Game

    I think maybe there are some folks who purposely create controversy so they will get more attention and he may be one of them. And I don't believe him either.
    I didn't watch all of the audition shows but didn't Heejun have some issues even at that point? Maybe an air of superiority? I seem to recall a guy with a cowboy hat? In any case, his attitude is unacceptable regardless of his motivation.

    I don't consider AI a reality show, per se. It is to me a talent competition in a format that really does allow the producers leeway to manipulate the voting. I wish there was a better way. If VFTW can skew the outcome then something is wrong.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

    " The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

  6. #166
    Best Buddies Gutmutter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Nap Time
    Posts
    13,462

    Re: Season 11 Prediction Game

    I think they can only skew it if it's close. I think it's worse if certain populations vote regardless of talent - some have suggested HeeJun has the "Asian vote" as if the majority of Asians watching vote for him for ethnic reasons alone. I think Hollie needs to get her deer-in-the-headlights look under control. Confidence is more appealing.
    Count your blessings!

  7. #167
    Reality Junkie jsciv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    The OC
    Posts
    1,448

    Re: Season 11 Prediction Game

    BTW, I forgot that I was traveling this weekend. I might have tome to post the results, but if not they'll be up on Monday.
    Fanny Mare likes this.

  8. #168
    Live-Love-Laugh Fanny Mare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    24,924

    Re: Season 11 Prediction Game

    Quote Originally Posted by jsciv View Post
    BTW, I forgot that I was traveling this weekend. I might have tome to post the results, but if not they'll be up on Monday.
    Have yourself a great weekend jsciv & travel safe.

    FM
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

  9. #169
    FORT Fogey Misty8723's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    3,398

    Re: Season 11 Prediction Game

    Quote Originally Posted by echo226 View Post
    I think maybe there are some folks who purposely create controversy so they will get more attention and he may be one of them. And I don't believe him either.
    I didn't watch all of the audition shows but didn't Heejun have some issues even at that point? Maybe an air of superiority? I seem to recall a guy with a cowboy hat? In any case, his attitude is unacceptable regardless of his motivation.

    I don't consider AI a reality show, per se. It is to me a talent competition in a format that really does allow the producers leeway to manipulate the voting. I wish there was a better way. If VFTW can skew the outcome then something is wrong.
    I am not a fan of Heejun either, but I don't want to see this degerate into a hate fest like it has in past season. I will never forget that 16 year old kid (John Stevens?) getting death threats. All over a tv show. Doesn't make sense. I would like to believe it's a talent competition, but it's a reality show in that they have historically tried to bring different "types" of people on rather than just the best singers. That's why we've had the Sanjayas and all the others who were not great singers, but who could create controversy and get people watching and talking. I didn't see that so much last season, but I'm thinking they may have decided to try it again with Heejun and also with the guy they brought back and then threw off because of the outstanding warrants. I don't know, that's just my opinion anyway.
    If you have men who will exclude any of God's creatures from the shelter of compassion and pity you will have men who will deal likewise with their fellow men. - St. Francis of Assisi

  10. #170
    FORT Aficionado echo226's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Stuck in the Middle
    Posts
    8,645

    Re: Season 11 Prediction Game

    Quote Originally Posted by Misty8723 View Post
    I am not a fan of Heejun either, but I don't want to see this degerate into a hate fest like it has in past season. I will never forget that 16 year old kid (John Stevens?) getting death threats. All over a tv show. Doesn't make sense. I would like to believe it's a talent competition, but it's a reality show in that they have historically tried to bring different "types" of people on rather than just the best singers. That's why we've had the Sanjayas and all the others who were not great singers, but who could create controversy and get people watching and talking. I didn't see that so much last season, but I'm thinking they may have decided to try it again with Heejun and also with the guy they brought back and then threw off because of the outstanding warrants. I don't know, that's just my opinion anyway.
    I don't hate Heejun, it's just hard for me to see his attitude and personality alongside the others who really want it and will work at it.

    The singing is all a matter of opinion, and I think the choices might be based on a variety of factor such as who will draw summer tour attendance, etc.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

    " The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.