+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: 1/18 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Re: 1/18 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

In a strange way, having endured some of the nonsense that was The Voice, and The X-Factor, I have a renewed appreciation for American Idol. Although the whole idea of singing competition shows has become staler than last year's moldy bread, AI is STILL the juggernaut. They are still the queen bee, so-to-speak. Even though I'm bored with its formula, it is still the standard by which all other singing shows are measured and that all the other shows of the same genre wish they could be no matter how much they try to make themselves seem different.

I find I don't really pay much attention to the auditions anymore, as I find them to be mostly tiresome. Still, I am sure I'll still be sloshing through this season when it gets going full tilt.

Good to see Jennifer and Steven looking more a part of the show this time around. I no longer merely view them as Paula and Simon's replacements anymore.
    waywyrd and murphytoo like this.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by bee stung lips View Post

Good to see Jennifer and Steven looking more a part of the show this time around. I no longer merely view them as Paula and Simon's replacements anymore.

I agree and a lot of the comfort in seeing S and JLO came ( for me) after seeing the stale Paula-Simon act on X FACTOR.

For me seeing Steven last night, all I could picture was him and the picture of him on The Soup showing his man boobs.

Steven Tyler reveals his moobs as he goes shirtless on Hawaiian holiday | Mail Online

Don't get me wrong, he looks great for 63 but I just kept laughing knowing what was under his shirt.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Phillip Phillips gets my vote for the best of the night. I agree that his second song - with guitar - was better.

Steven Tyler was his pervy old self, but it's what we've come to expect. Not sure what all those girls see in him. I think he's goofy looking.

The show goes to Pittsburgh tonight. Being from PA (although I haven't lived there since the mid 80's), I am hoping to find a "home town favorite".
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

I couldn't watch this show. Everytime I put it back on, they were flying by people coming out with golden tickets and focusing on the loons who can't sing. If I want to hear someone who can't sing, I'll record myself. I want to see the good singers! The two I did see, the kid who looks like he's 12 that they were gushing over - I didn't think he was that great, and the vollyball player I liked. Don't know if I'll try watching tonight or not. I hate to miss a good audition, or even the auditions of the people who end up making it to the show, but I cannot abide any more of the bad singing.
    Fanny Mare likes this.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

Quote Originally Posted by Misty8723 View Post
    I couldn't watch this show. Everytime I put it back on, they were flying by people coming out with golden tickets and focusing on the loons who can't sing. If I want to hear someone who can't sing, I'll record myself. I want to see the good singers! The two I did see, the kid who looks like he's 12 that they were gushing over - I didn't think he was that great, and the vollyball player I liked. Don't know if I'll try watching tonight or not. I hate to miss a good audition, or even the auditions of the people who end up making it to the show, but I cannot abide any more of the bad singing.
    You must have tuned in at the wrong times. Seemed to me that they focused on the loons very little. Much less than in previous years.
    NCLurker likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Misty8723 View Post
    I wait until the final 12, but I did stop watching last year.Once my guy was kicked off. I cant stand pervy Tyler.( ugh)

I thought it was rather clever the way they played up and off the Tyler crazies. The segment devoted to the Tyler obsessed women took care of it, so really, he didn't come off drooling all through the show. I loved when Phillip mentioned that his mother was happy...shot of Steven looking expectant...that she gets to meet Ryan Seacrest. When they wrapped, Steven rapped a ditty about Ryan that tied in. I thought production, of the last hour that I got to see, was very good - on par with last year - only this year, Steven and Jennifer are much more comfortable in their roles.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

No doubt, but every time I put it on they were saying there was some good talent here, but then there was... and off to some bad singer. I think I'm just tired of the drawn out audition process.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

PA snow bunny? Thank you so much for the 'moob' link. And his bathing suit? Pure madness.
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234