+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: 1/18 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

FORT Fogey

Re: 1/18 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

nothing to ride home about

Phillip Phillips was better when he did the second song with his guitar.

Overall, this was a good show --- not very many trainwrecks!

To the Point

Phillip Phillips is a performer. I liked him better with his guitar, but I think he has something special going on. He doesn't necessarily have the best voice, but sometimes just having a stellar voice isn't enough. He can definitely play well. Nice when the guitar is more than just a prop, and sometimes it really is little more than that.

I like that with the change in judges last year they tended to not dwell on the trainwrecks as much. They did show some but, unless a city just wasn't turning out sufficient talent they didn't spend too much time on those with no talent.
    murphytoo likes this.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I expect to see Phillip Phillips as one of the last people standing this season.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

One Moment Please
    This channel should be available shortly
    Ref code 50900

This is what my DVR is recording. ARGHHH First time my cable has gone out without an electrical outage. I have so much on my DVR list tonight, it isn't funny.

I'm back on cable at 8:59 so I lost the first hour. Since it reads like one of the favorites is in the first hour, I'll have to try to pick it up online.
    Last edited by Arielflies; 01-19-2012 at 12:02 AM.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

I really liked the girl who lives in a tent. Her voice was decent, but her positive attitude just got to me.
    sparklete likes this.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Wow! I really liked Philip Phillips. I'm putting him on my watch list.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

I wasn't impressed by Phillip Phillips' singing. If his audition had been Superstition only, I would have passed on him. His strength is really in his guitar-playing. He is talented at that.

I had to laugh at the girl (Steve Tyler's future ex-wife) who kissed Steve and Randy and squeezed their butts. lol!

FORT Fogey

The auditions show has improved so much since they stopped giving the costumed idiots face time. Again too much time was spent on the kid from Africa who could not sing, but that was really the only stumble in the road.

The entire show has improved so much since they got rid of sour-faced Simon who was nothing but bored in his last few seasons. I keep thinkinbg that they NEVER would have gotten Scotty as their winner last year if Simon had still been on the show......and the kid has been big since he won.

To the Point

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    I expect to see Phillip Phillips as one of the last people standing this season.
    When he picked up the guitar and started with Thriller I was wishing I lived in the area and knew where he played regularly. I could totally see spending an evening listening to him. If he isn't the last one standing, and even if he doesn't make the live shows, I hope he gets enough exposure that someone will take notice and that it will open the right doors for him.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast