+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 203 FirstFirst 1234567891011121353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Television/Radio Appearances

I heard on another board:

Clay will be on Live with Regis and Kelly on May 28.

Also on TRL sometime next week- (week of May 26)

These need confirmation but I thought I'd give you the heads-up.
    Draco Dormien Nuquam Titillandus

Think Happy Thoughts :) Pollyanna's Avatar
    Clay on the morning show any minute now (2nd half hour)... (CBS)
    "You breathe all the time you're asleep, but you aren't living. I mean living -- doing the things you want to do....That's what I call living, Aunt Polly. Just breathing isn't living!" -- Pollyanna
    "Who's the bunny now, bitch?" -- Janelle

Thanks for the Extra transcript pasha
    "That's Numberwang!"

Just saw the interview w/ Ruben on The "todays Show". He looked so wiped out. He said he went from Jay Leno , got on a plane and came there. On Leno and "Today Show" he talked about how proud he is of Clay and that he feels they BOTH are winners. He also mentioned both his and Clay's single that they are hoping to have out before the tour.

I think it is wonderful how he is trying to not only promote himself, but he keeps mentioning Clay's name and single as well.

I am pretty sure they said Ruben will be performing on The Today's show on Monday.
    "You are only as HAPPY, as your UNHAPPIEST child"

I think it's great that he's mentioning Clay and his single too.
    They really seem like great mates.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Think Happy Thoughts :) Pollyanna's Avatar
    Clay was on CBS this morning at the same time Ruben was on NBC. Watched Clay, then caught the tail end of Ruben. I am a Clay fan first and foremost, but anyone that thought Ruben has no personality was dead wrong. Saw him on Leno last night and Today show today - and he really IS quite endearing. Last night on Leno he said "Clay's my dawg man." And this morning he had the same sound bite as Clay - about how they just looked at each other Tuesday night before they went on and he said "Look at us, we're the two most unlikely people to be standing here." He also talked about his job as a customer service rep for Books a Million ... "and people would call and say 'Ruben, what's going on? Where's my box?'" It was really cute, because he used a funny voice.

Anyway, they are both doing a GREAT job on the talk show circuit and continue to entertain.
    "You breathe all the time you're asleep, but you aren't living. I mean living -- doing the things you want to do....That's what I call living, Aunt Polly. Just breathing isn't living!" -- Pollyanna
    "Who's the bunny now, bitch?" -- Janelle

FORT Fan
    Northeast Mississippi, sitting by the lake...
    Rats! I missed Clay on the CBS morning show. What was discussed? How did he do on the show?
    Just take a breath and relax...everything's going to be just fine...

FORT Fan
    Nine o'clock hour Central...Matt Lauer just mentioned that the will be discussing how AI2 is changing the music biz. Don't think the guys will be talking to Ruben or Clay, but might be interesting.

Originally posted by mstvfan
    Rats! I missed Clay on the CBS morning show. What was discussed? How did he do on the show?
    I posted what was said (well, some of it) in the Clay thread. Page 141. He talked about how both he and Ruben were so awed by making the Top 2. Neither one could believe it....how unlikely a twosome they made. He mentioned that he was in NYC to record BOTW (YAY!) for release "soon". He was the normal funny, charming, self-deprecating Clay we know and love. They talked about his "makeover" and showed the before and after pics. They also showed the stadium full of fans in Raleigh again, and he said again that he was amazed by that. Said he just didn't understand it. Which made me lmao! Seems that Clay still has no idea how huge and rabid his fanbase is! That boy is in for quite a surprise!

FORT Fan
    The discussion I mentioned on the Today Show pointed out how the use of the older songs on AI2 has reintroduced music from the 60's through the 80's to a younger group of fans.

They report surges interest in the original records and interest in the artists such as the Bee Gees, Lionel Richie, and other groups from the past. They showed kids singing the words to Build Me Up Buttercup and loving it. They also showed a parent who said it's great that they could share the fun songs from their era with their children.

One kid even pointed out how it's cool that you can listen to these songs and understand all the words the singer is saying!

+ Reply to Thread