+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Season 11 Spoilers

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

Season 11 Spoilers

Well, this is something I am looking forward to. Others have said they liked The Voice better, but I don't. I wonder if having the 2 shows running at the same time will kick one of them to the curb.

It's a little too early for major spoilers, but I did find a list of many, many names of people who made it to Hollywood. It's such a long list, I won't copy it. I don't think I'm really supposed to anyway. But if you Google "American Idol Season 11 Spoilers," you'll find some stuff. Wetpaint has the extensive list of names, and Rickey has a list of people who made it to Hollywood last season, along with videos to help you remember them. I will list some of the returning contestants.

Hollie Cavanagh, British teen living in TX, got weepy during her audition.
    DeAndre Brackensick, young teen with soulful voice and long, curly hair.
    Scott Dangerfield, early 20s, longish hair and glasses from WI. Favorite of JLo's. Word is that he voluntarily dropped out last season to finish his eductaion.
    Frances Coontz, young teen with dark, curly hair. One of the meanies who wouldn't let Jacee Badeaux join her group. Doing that didn't hurt Scotty though.
    Brandy Neelly, being featured in this season's promos. Doesn't sound like she got much air time last season, though.
    Travis Orlando, had sad stories of being homeless. Was pretty popular.
    Jessica Furney, not from last season, but prior seasons.
    Chelsea Sorrell
    Kristi Krause
    Phil Brooks

FORT Fogey

Re: Season 11 Spoilers

I am so ready for AI. I like a show that is about the kids......THE VOICE was too much about the mentors and had too many people who had shots at a career and fizzled out.....and don't even mention X FACTOR which had those faults multiplied.

Hey, what do you know? I found a list of the contestants who have made it to the top 42. If you don't want to know, back out now! But if you didn't want to know, you wouldn't have even gotten into this thread.

Anyone listed with AI followed by a number means they made it to Hollywood for that season of AI. If there is an asterisk by the AI#, that means they made it to the green mile, but missed making the top 32 or 24 or whatever the cut-off was that season.

Aaron Marcellus Sanders (AI7* & AI10*)
    Adam Brock
    Aubrey Cleland (AI10)
    Baylie Brown (AI6) I remember this girl - pretty blonde teenager from TX, good but needed to mature a little
    Brielle Von Hugel (AI10)
    Chelsea Sorrell (AI10 )
    Cortez Shaw
    Creighton Fraker
    David Leathers
    Dante/Heejun Han
    DeAndre Brackensick (AI10*)
    Deneco Pittman aka Neco Starr (AI9)
    Eben Franckewitz
    Elise Testone
    Erika Van Pelt
    Haley Johnsen
    Hollie Cavanagh (AI10*)
    Jen Hirsh (AI9)
    Jermaine Jones
    Jessica Sanchez
    Joshua Ledet
    Kayla Thorton
    Michael Colton Dixon (AI10*) I remember this guy, kinda cute, many were unhappy he was cut
    Naomi Rae Gillies
    Phil Brooks aka River St. James (AI10)
    Phillip Phillips
    Reed Grimm
    Sarah Phillips
    Scott Dangerfield (AI10 - voluntarily withdrew to finish education)
    Shannon Magrane
    Shelby Lynn Tweten
    Skylar Laine

I found Baylie Brown's audition. Interestingly, in the middle of telling her how commercial she was, because she was very pretty with a good personality, he said her voice was good but not great, but he was sure it would be in 2-3 years. It's now 5 years later...

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

I'm looking forward to it. I didn't quite get into The Voice (Christina Aguilera annoys me) but did enjoy The X-Factor. AI remains my favorite though. I'll be watching

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

I noticed on my DVR set-up that besides the 2 hour show on WED (one city) and the 1 hour show on THURS (one city) they are adding a 1 hour show on Sunday at 7PM (one city.)

The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

To the Point

Quote Originally Posted by Marlena_M View Post
    I'm looking forward to it. I didn't quite get into The Voice (Christina Aguilera annoys me) but did enjoy The X-Factor. AI remains my favorite though. I'll be watching
    Of the three AI is also my fav, however I would flip flop The Voice and X-Factor. I enjoyed The Voice much more than X-Factor even with the very annoying Christina.

I enjoyed the X factor. I wont watch all of AI, wait until the final 12 or whatever the count is. I can only take so much of J'lo and Tyler.

I found 6 of the people on that rumored top 42 list were on last night. They were:

David Leathers - the first contestant shown. 18, known to friends as "Mr. Steal Your Girl." Competed in a local contest against Scotty McCreery a few years ago, with David winning and Scotty coming in 2nd.

Neco Starr - only saw a blip of his audition, although they did show him twice. He sang "Grenade."

Elise Testone - only saw a little of her audition too. A number of good auditions were shown back-to-back early on in the show, Elise being one of them. JLo called her a spitfire.

Michael Colton Dixon - a return from last year, as was his sister. She was auditioning, he wasn't going to, but his arm was twisted.

Phillip Phillips - with a name like that, need I say more? He had different twists to "Superstition" and "Thriller."

Shannon Magrane - 6' tall 15 year old, daughter of a former MLB pitcher. My husband found a youtube video of her singing the National Anthem at a Tampa Bay MLB playoff game. She had to only be 14 at the time, because the video was posted last March. The playoff game had to be in the fall of 2010. She did a great job.

Just saw the commercial for Sunday's airing.
    They held the San Diego auditions on the flight deck of the Midway? That's stupid — the acoustics are terrible!
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Saw more people on Thursday that are on the reported top 42 list:

Aaron Marcellus Sanders, 27, voice teacher, was a pretty short clip of him singing "A Change is Gonna Come"

Creighton Fraker, 28, Queens, NY, starving artist. Very unusual, lead off with an original song about the 3 judges. Steven kept saying he was beautiful.

Heejun Han, 22, Flushing, NY, originally from Korea. 1st audition of the night. At first appeared to be William Hung 2.0. Sang "How Am I Supposed to Live Without You?"

Eben Franckewitz, 15, slightly resembles Justin Bieber (just the hair, IMO). From Milford OH. Sang "Ain't No Sunshine"

Erika Van Pelt - (Linus & Lucy's big sister ) 25, wedding singer, scored points with Steven by singing his favorite song "Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow?"

Reed Grimm, 26, Nanny, started performing with his family onstage at age 2. Sang the theme song from "Family Matters." My current early favorite!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast