+ Reply to Thread
Page 45 of 56 FirstFirst ... 353637383940414243444546474849505152535455 ... LastLast

Thread: 5/21 POST-SHOW DISCUSSION (*SPOILERS*)

John,
    Thanks for all your work to provide this site. You did a great job!

I hope everyone understands that FOX has played US well. This should be a good lesson for all of us who, in the future, might possibly be duped by a slick, and less than forthright organization.

Perhaps Clay's appeal was so rabid on this site because way back in our minds we were hoping that a decent, up-standing young American, who could think, articulate with intelligence, and maintain an upbeat personality could possibly walk into the greed filled, distorted arena of the universe called the entertainment industry, and change what we think of it. Unfortunately the direct opposite has happened. We only have had affirmed for us that the only thing that counts there is the wishes of the ultra-greedy, power hungry producers, record labels and talent management companies.

I hope that because of the tainted results we do not lose sight of the qualities the made us love Clay in the first place. I for one will always appreciate what he has brought to the table and will remember the grace and humility that he as continued to show during the circus far longer than other contestants. I will continue to hope and pray that my children will take from this the lesson that the best donít always <b>have</b> to win, than maintaining your values, passions and beliefs are more important than winning. To other parents, I say to you; use this as a tool to instruct your children on how life SHOULD be lived.

I have enjoyed my time at the FORT. Thank you all.

Blue Meanie
    Paintin' the Town Blue!

I've had so much fun watching the show these last few weeks and reading the posts, just had to finally jump in and say thanks to all of you. It's all Lobeck's fault really that I got sucked into here. The recaps were just too great.

I am happy for Ruben, what a sweetie and a beautiful voice. And I feel so fortunate to have heard Clay's singing and be exposed to his beautiful heart.

But more than that, I love how the guys are so good to each other, Ruben holding onto Clay during the annoucement, Clay giving the Ruben shout-out. These guys are the best.

I think it will be mucho great to see everyone in concert, in fact I already bought tickets online earlier today for the Dallas show. can't wait till 8/19. (I'm gonna get to hear Clay's voice in person! and it's gonna freak me out, I can tell already.)

And the total love-fest on the stage, the moms hugging, Clay and Ruben hugging each other and everyone. We have been really lucky to have been exposed to these people. They are both just such loving people.

They give me faith in all of us. peace and love to you all
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY IDOLOBSERVER !!!

You're Still The One! Olivia909's Avatar
    I feel awful. I feel....completely worthless.

I invested so much of my time in Clay. I hit the redial button NON-STOP after every episode. Now I feel like nothing that I did mattered.

I'm sorry if this post is going to be really negative. I'm happy for Ruben and his fans....really, I am. But....my heart broke into a million peices when Ryan said that Ruben won.

Last night, I was really positive. I was really confident that Clay would win. But...seconds before Ryan announced the winner....I already knew who it was gunna be. I knew it was gunna be Ruben.

I started to cry....and 2 and a half hours later....I'm still crying. I just wanted him to win this so badly. I can't listen to his songs anymore with out crying.

No more Tuesclay's. I was really looking forward to seeing Clay on all the talkshows....but I guess not. I'm really going to miss seeing that smile, those eyes, that wink and hearing that voice every Tuesday.

How am I going to be able to get my clay fix now?

I don't know what to do....
    I feel terrible.

I got so emotionally-attached to Clay. I feel like I know him. He just is such an amazing person. And he's really changed my out-look on a lot of things. Whenever I'm depressed...I listen to Clay, and everything is good again. I really do thank God for blessing me with him. Really.

Claymates, I really need your support right now.

But congratulations to Ruben.
    And Clay handled himself very well tonight. He's a class act.
    "The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched - they must be felt with the heart."

First post.

I cried when I found out Clay lost...I didn't think I would cry. I didn't think I was that emotionally attached to him. I truely truely truely thought he was going to win. I knew he was going to win. My whole family thought Clay was going to win. I like Ruben he's a cool guy and sometimes he would sing great. I tried to see the great greatness that everyone else did but I couldn't see it. It's nice that he won anyway....just...I really wish Clay won. CLay is the greatest. CLAY KEEP SINGING!!!!!

ok, Clay just sang BOTW here and we saw 8000+ fans in NC and I am balwing my head off. He is an amazing performer and is a natural speaking. I knew I was wrapped up in this pretty tightly but boy, this is hitting me hard. It's a really bad week for hormonal fluctuation, let me tell you.

Grant - Thanks so much for the group hug!

Ruben fans and admin... I know I'm crying and venting but hope I am not being rude. I am not shoutin the C word.. just that I wish I didn't have that what if. Don't know why the lines were jammed, just wished they could have fixed so we could all accept this result more graciously.

To Clay- I did my best to get you the extra $$ dawg, but it didn't work out. Not to worry, you'll make it up with album royalties. I'm looking forward to seeing you on the talk shows soon. You have all the influence you wanted. And you have won a fan for life.

I think tomorrow I'll call the Autism Society of NC and make another donation in your honour.
    Draco Dormien Nuquam Titillandus

Originally posted by Blue Meanie
    Perhaps Clay's appeal was so rabid on this site because way back in our minds we were hoping that a decent, up-standing young American, who could think, articulate with intelligence, and maintain an upbeat personality could possibly walk into the greed filled, distorted arena of the universe called the entertainment industry, and change what we think of it. Unfortunately the direct opposite has happened.
    I would only add "extraordinarily talented" to that!

I posted this in the Clay thread, but it bears repeating here.

I feel that even though Clay missed the mark by the slimmest of margins, he's still a winner. He is getting what the show intended - a career in the music biz, with a CD and a huge promotional push, likely to springboard both him and Ruben into hopefully a long-term and successful tenure in whatever direction they want to go. I don't see any way of looking at it like either of them lost...

And I further think that any talk of the C word, phones or whatever, dimishes and tarnishes the process and the result of the show for both of them.

They both got everything they had hoped to get, when they stood in line so many weeks ago as unpolished gems.

Originally posted by Olivia909
    I feel awful. I feel....completely worthless.

I invested so much of my time in Clay. I hit the redial button NON-STOP after every episode. Now I feel like nothing that I did mattered.

I'm sorry if this post is going to be really negative. I'm happy for Ruben and his fans....really, I am. But....my heart broke into a million peices when Ryan said that Ruben won.

Last night, I was really positive. I was really confident that Clay would win. But...seconds before Ryan announced the winner....I already knew who it was gunna be. I knew it was gunna be Ruben.

I started to cry....and 2 and a half hours later....I'm still crying. I just wanted him to win this so badly. I can't listen to his songs anymore with out crying.

No more Tuesclay's. I was really looking forward to seeing Clay on all the talkshows....but I guess not. I'm really going to miss seeing that smile, those eyes, that wink and hearing that voice every Tuesday.

How am I going to be able to get my clay fix now?

I don't know what to do....
    I feel terrible.

I got so emotionally-attached to Clay. I feel like I know him. He just is such an amazing person. And he's really changed my out-look on a lot of things. Whenever I'm depressed...I listen to Clay, and everything is good again. I really do thank God for blessing me with him. Really.

Claymates, I really need your support right now.

But congratulations to Ruben.
    And Clay handled himself very well tonight. He's a class act.
    Exactly. Exactly. Exactly. Exactly.

I haven't stopped crying since 7 PM my time when Netscape (those b*st*rds!) posted the results without letting me know.

I know we shouldn't feel worthless. We helped get Clay this far. And winning isn't all that matters. I know all that. But you just can't help how you feel sometimes .
    *Lacey

I can't listen to him sing right now. That's a pretty nasty shock. In the past, if I felt bad, I could turn on a little Clay and make it all feel better. Now Clay, and what Simon did to him, is what's hurting me, and the incredible contempt the man has for him is just too much. "This was about image vs. talent, and talent won?"

Because Clay is Justin Guarini? Pretty and mediocre? Since when?

The thing is, I look at Ruben, and I'm really OK. Ruben's a nice guy, a good singer. He is not the antagonist here, and I think it's just fine that he won. I do not think it's fine that Simon beat Clay. Which is what happened, and he's being absolutely hateful about it.

Originally posted by Blue Meanie
    Perhaps Clay's appeal was so rabid on this site because way back in our minds we were hoping that a decent, up-standing young American, who could think, articulate with intelligence, and maintain an upbeat personality could possibly walk into the greed filled, distorted arena of the universe called the entertainment industry, and change what we think of it. Unfortunately the direct opposite has happened.
    How is Ruben winning not supporting those very principles you are looking for?
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

+ Reply to Thread