+ Reply to Thread
Page 43 of 45 FirstFirst ... 33343536373839404142434445 LastLast

Thread: 5/25 Finale Show *Spoilers*

Re: 5/25 Finale Show *Spoilers*

Hi JLuvs! Thanks for the update! With all those acts it must have been a very cool show to see! I have 2 questions for you:

1. Did Beyonce fall at the end of her 2nd number? She was singing that "make love to me" number.

2. What went on with JLo and Spidey at the end of the song? He floated above her upside-down and it looked like she was going in for the kiss, but she took off the mask, got startled, pushed him away and said Oh No!!!! Does anyone know what that was all about?? Very weird. Thanks again for filling us in on the behind the scenes stuff!

Nope...Beyonce was still standing and Jennifer just didn't want to kiss Spidey - sadly no big mystery there.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

Kiz

Finale Ratings:

'American Idol' finale ratings soar - USATODAY.com

A reinvigorated American Idol ended its 10th season with a bang, drawing 29.3 million viewers for its two-hour-plus finale, which saw McCreery triumph over fellow country teen Lauren Alaina. That's 21% higher than the Season 9 finale (24.2 million), and the most-watched Idol episode since Season 9's premiere in January 2010.

The last seven minutes of the show, from 10 to 10:07 p.m., drew 38.6 million viewers to the actual coronation, according to Nielsen figures.
    You can always count on a murderer for a fancy prose style. ~Humbert

FORT Fogey

Ah....remember those nay-sayers....that with Simon gone, the show was doomed. Guess not!!!

To the Point

This morning I was listening to the local country station 94.7 just because I knew that one of the DJs had been to the finale for Scotty. He was the guy sitting directly beside Jack Black. He was hysterical talking about the experience. He said that during Steven's Dream On he and Jack were both singing and Jack leaned his head over against his and started harmonizing. Then when song was over leaned back in to tell DJ he (DJ) had killed that song. This guy said it was that way the whole time he was seated beside him.

I just thought I'd share my fun find of the day.

Quote Originally Posted by NCLurker View Post
    This morning I was listening to the local country station 94.7 just because I knew that one of the DJs had been to the finale for Scotty. He was the guy sitting directly beside Jack Black. He was hysterical talking about the experience. He said that during Steven's Dream On he and Jack were both singing and Jack leaned his head over against his and started harmonizing. Then when song was over leaned back in to tell DJ he (DJ) had killed that song. This guy said it was that way the whole time he was seated beside him.

I just thought I'd share my fun find of the day.
    Thank you! I just love Jack Black and he and Casey's number was probably my favorite. We were up and dancing to that song! I pray that Casey is able to network with him to find some work that is in line with what he does best.

I watched the show again last night. I think the lady's group number was really great, as was the boys.

I'm not that opposed to Jennifer staying on next season, even though I don't care for her, but I just wish she didn't have to perform so much and then to bring in her husband? Too much. I would rather see Steven. Heck, I'd rather see Randy perform than Jennifer. She's just not all that IMO.

Did anyone see Lauren on Leno last night? I posted details on another thread about it. It was funny.

Quote Originally Posted by jsciv View Post
    You couldn't really tell the scream difference from TV because they played with the microphone pickup, but I noticed that early on when they cut to the hometown crowds Lauren's camera didn't move much and you could see empty seats around the edges, but Scotty's camera just swiveled all over the full arena...

My partner sat behind Crystal's family last year, but this year had previous commitments and didn't get to go. Maybe next time!
    I don't know how many showed up for Lauren, but they said it was about 8,200 (I think) at the arena for scotty. Plus there were unofficial viewing parties all over. It might have been the same for Lauren, a lot of smaller viewing parties.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much View Post
    Ah....remember those nay-sayers....that with Simon gone, the show was doomed. Guess not!!!
    Yep, so now Nigel will be encouraged to push the reality-show elements even further next year. Look for more cute and cuddly teenagers with average performing abilities to end up in the Top 2 again. It will be tween texting heaven. People will be more concerned about how adorable and saintly the kiddies' attitudes are than how well they can sing. Thank God for "The Voice," where they seem to care more about the singing than the personalities.

JLUVS Thanks so much for the report! It was nice of you to post it here.

Re: Haley and Tony: Loved their pairing, Haley really knows how to sing that classic type of song. Tony always sounds great. Loved Tom Jones---how does he still sound so good after all these years?--Maybe because he has been performing endlessly since he started his career. Loved Casey and Jack---my favorite duo--funny and talented. Loved Jacob, but I felt the arrangement for his song with Kirk and Gladys was jumpy and awkward--and there was too much of Kirk and not enough Jacob. Steven was in good form last night. Beyonce is an amazing, powerful singer, but I hated the audience's arm waving during her performance. It's such a distraction.
    --
    --
    Last edited by pillbeam; 05-27-2011 at 01:36 PM.
    "Tons of surprises, but it wouldn't be 'American Idol' without it, would it?" Cowell told MTV News. "At the end of the day, I could go out and find 12 great singers, but that's kind of boring. The fact that there's people there who shouldn't be there makes it 'American Idol.' "

I'm with you Pillbeam about the arm waving. Distracting and irritating... to me anyway.

I'm not sure how old Tom Jones is, but the fact that Tony Bennett is 85 and still has such a good voice is pretty amazing.
    When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "Happy." They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life. - John Lennon

Looks like Tom Jones is about to turn 71.
    Tony Bennett's voice IS pretty amazing, esp. considering his age.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

+ Reply to Thread