+ Reply to Thread
Page 42 of 45 FirstFirst ... 3233343536373839404142434445 LastLast

Thread: 5/25 Finale Show *Spoilers*

Re: 5/25 Finale Show *Spoilers*

Maybe I'm mistaken, and perhaps this has been mentioned before, but I really thought Lauren had a great chance of winning.

A chance, that is, until Jennifer did the same thing that Simon did in season two. Jennifer said to Lauren "with that performance you very well may have won". That is almost exactly what Simon said to Clay. I think that remark served to pump up any who might have become complacent hearing all the talk calling Scotty a shoo-in.

Couple that with the Steven Tyler comments regarding Lauren being "prettier" and reminding everyone that she was his American Idol from the time she auditioned, just revved up the Scotty voters whose finger are all probably still bleeding.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

And that's how you spruce up a predictable finale!

I have to say that I really enjoyed Scotty with Tim and Haley with Tony the best of the Idol/idol pairings, though I do feel like it showed in Scotty's case how much growing he has left to do. As far as the pro singer,s I really liked the GaGa song (though I agree with the "why does she need to be flashy when 'girl can SING'", I don't mind it so much) and it was wonderful seeing SYTYCD alum Mark there. The Bono song was really wonderful: I don't have a particular desire to go see the Spiderman show but I would be more inclined to do so after hearing that song.

I noticed early that Lauren was missing from all of the girl group numbers, and when she finally did talk in the car segment you could tell she wasn't full strength. At least it's over so she now has time to recover. I'm guessing that Carrie took on some extra phrases in their duet, too.

For those mentioning Lee, Nigel tweeted today the following: "I was so upset Lee DeWyze wouldn't present the winners trophy to Scotty. Especially as he'd been on the show this Season. I guess he was shy".

Lauren has a great tone to her voice, but she needs training. She can't seem to hold a note or catch her breath when singing and it shows. Scotty wins the award in my opinion for most improved. Once he started showing his range instead of dipping into his baritone for every single line he started improving. I actually loved his new single! They both have great careers in front of them. Way to go Scotty!

Quote Originally Posted by pillbeam View Post
    Well, most of the booted-off contestants out-sang the endlessly adorable Scotty and the terminally sweet Lauren by a mile last night. Scotty and Lauren both could be out-sold in the CD market by any of their older competitors. In terms of the voters, this show, in the last two years, has become a tween and mom-of-tween extravaganza. Let's look forward to another cute, innocent and white-bread male winning next year, too.
    --
    --
    I often think this too but then I remember David Cook beating tween & mom-of-tween Idol David A...and I thought it was hopeless...

For those who asked:

Since this is going to be going on a few messages boards…

I have a confession to make: Hi my name is Jluvs/joelle96 and I am an idolholic. I think this it close to Idol taping number 20 for me and I blame in ALL on Justin Guarini, but that is another story for another time.

Here is a report, of sorts, on the madness from yesterday:

• Having not to been to actual finale since season one it was quite the fun experience. I would highly advise people to go the finale when you don’t really care for either of the final two as is the whole night is ultimately much better when your favorite doesn’t loose.
    • This is was my first time going as a seat filler, the irony of the situation was that the person who checked me in is also a sub like me and we have worked at the same school, so it was kind of fun in a dorky way. I would advise anyone to go to seatfillers.com as ultimately it was a great experience and though I moved four times before the actual show started…it was a lot of fun and we were sheltered inside Nokia after we checked-in. I liked that much more than baking in the sun, which is what I normally have done.
    • The seat filler check-in was somewhat like On Camera Audiences, but a much shorter process, while we were sitting, waiting to go in to the Nokia we got to hear tiny bits of Gaga, U2 and Beyonce coming through the walls. Nothing enabling us to be able to distinguish the songs, but enough to make me happy.
    • As a seat filler you are technically not allowed to talk to the celebrities and definitely not allowed to ask for autographs. These are the people that I was able to see: Michael Sarver (on my row and I did talk to him), Kevin Covias (and his cute as a button girlfriend), Sanjaya (who was engulfed by people wanting autographs and had security with him), Michael Johns (to which I might have proclaimed: Oh my goodness…he is so hot…causing a few idols around me to laugh), Ace Young (who was also mobbed for autographs), Gordon Ramsay, the dude from LOST (and yes I did yell out : that’s the dude from LOST…if it had been Josh Holloway I would have been thrown out before the show started), Gordon Ramsay (who was talked to during a commercial break), Mary Murphy (they got the whole audience to do a Mary Murphy scream at one point.), Brandon Rogers (who was quite the popular guy during commercial breaks), Didi (who I did actually talk to as she was late and I was in her seat…very gracious) and Jason Castro (who I sat 7 seats away from the whole show as I was in his row…yes I did talk to him when I had to go by him and tell him that I voted for him a bazillion times).
    • The show itself…none of the performances were pre-taped. I was in the 11 row center and it was a lot of fun. As I haven’t seen the actual show yet it is hard to say what you missed out on. Corey, the audience warm-up guy, did talk to celebs during the break and was throwing out t-shirts and interviewing fans. Lady Gaga and Mark came out and took a bow after their performance. There were a lot of funny moments between the guy contestants…such as them trying so hard to get Scotty on rhythm with Tom Jones and all of them laughing when they just decided to give up. Casey, Paul, Jacob and James were doing basically cracking jokes on each other all night and it was fun to watch. I’ll have to see what camera shots they showed to see how much of that made the edit.
    • They did try and get the audience to sing along with the Spidey number, but I was so entranced with flying Spideys, Bono, the Edge, and hottie broadway spidey singer that I kinda forgot about that part and I think most of the audience did too.
    • The insane part was after the show to be honest. I remember at the season one finale I was able to book it with my Justin Guarini sign to the press section and there were maybe a 100 or so of us and I did the whole insane screaming and passed my sign up for Justin to sign. Compared to this finale…came out and it was already swarming with people, when to eat for an hour and came back and it was still the same level insanity.
    • Every time they asked the audience, during the breaks, who was going to win is was blindly obvious that it was going to be Scotty. The scream levels did not even compare. To be honest I felt kind bad for Lauren.
    • If you have any questions feel free to ask. After I watch the show I might have something more to add.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

Quote Originally Posted by ranger1rg View Post
    am i the only one who thought haley and tony bennett sucked? god, that was awful.
    I didn't think it was great, but I though Haley sounded better than she has the past several weeks when she screamed most of her songs.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

Quote Originally Posted by JLuvs View Post
    • Every time they asked the audience, during the breaks, who was going to win is was blindly obvious that it was going to be Scotty. The scream levels did not even compare. To be honest I felt kind bad for Lauren.
    You couldn't really tell the scream difference from TV because they played with the microphone pickup, but I noticed that early on when they cut to the hometown crowds Lauren's camera didn't move much and you could see empty seats around the edges, but Scotty's camera just swiveled all over the full arena...

My partner sat behind Crystal's family last year, but this year had previous commitments and didn't get to go. Maybe next time!

Jluvs,

Thanks for your insider report. How fun that must have been for you.

I missed most of the first hour last night. I got to see TLC and the rest.
    I thought the girls were sounding better than the boys. Didn't care for the boys' singing of Tom Jones' songs, etc. And, their dancing was really out of sync.
    I loved seeing Tom Jones. Considering his age, he did pretty good. His vocals are still a lot better than many we heard this season.
    Would have preferred Marc Antony without JLo shaking her booty. She seems to do a lot of self promotion on this show.
    I like Lady GaGa, but that performance was OTT for this show. I'm not at all a prude, but that made Adam Lambert's performance on the VMA's or GMA's a while back seem really tame in comparison.
    Beyonce's song was also very inappropriate for this show. I realize it's all about ratings, but very poor taste, as well, for AI which has such a young demographic.
    Enjoyed Steven Tyler. He's still got it going on. And, wow, does he have a lot of teeth or what?!!
    Loved seeing Bono. Wasn't a big fan of the song from the play, but I did think he and Carvey(?) were good.
    Very sorry that I missed Tony Bennett. I've seen him in concert a few times years ago and he was my Mom's favorite always, so I do love the guy. He was one of the few who hadn't lost his voice as he aged, so I'll have to check online to hear he / Hayley.
    Would have also loved to see Gladys Knight. I'll have to check out she / Jacob, as well.
    I did enjoy the duet with Carrie and Lauren. I think Lauren did pretty well, overall. I love when she does a sassy kind of song like that.
    Not certain that I liked the pairing of Scotty with Tim, though. Liked Tim, but didn't like Scotty doing that song.
    I liked how choked up and genuinely stunned Scotty appeared at the end. Also, I liked how he congratulated all the contestants. Nice touch.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JLuvs View Post
    For those who asked:

Since this is going to be going on a few messages boards…

I have a confession to make: Hi my name is Jluvs/joelle96 and I am an idolholic. I think this it close to Idol taping number 20 for me and I blame in ALL on Justin Guarini, but that is another story for another time.
    Well Jluvs since you are such an idolholic I am happy that you get to attend tapings and give some insight as to what happens. I don't know how much fun it would be a seat filler and have to get up and sit elsewhere how many times, but I guess you get to see different people and various angles of the stage. Glad you had a great time and thanks for sharing your experience.

I only had to move three times and all three moves were before the show started. I literally stayed on the same row and just moved more to the center and got better seats.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

+ Reply to Thread