+ Reply to Thread
Page 41 of 45 FirstFirst ... 313233343536373839404142434445 LastLast

Thread: 5/25 Finale Show *Spoilers*

FORT Fogey

Re: 5/25 Finale Show *Spoilers*

What a great list of guests----- We knew about Carrie , but Tim and Tony and Tom were great to see as was Gladys. These people have lasted in the business. In getting GaGa and Beyonce, AI showed that the big names, both old and new, know that AI is the place to be seen. The whole season was wonderful. The judges hit the right notes with their positive judging and Jimmy added a real depth in mentoring. Kudos to the new production team at AI for a wonderful season.

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007 View Post
    I really don't get the problem with having the past legends of music on. These people show the longevity of the careers these kids can have. Gladys Knight,Tom Jones,Tony Bennett, JP,Steven Tyler, TLC, they pave the road for these Idols to ease on down.

These Idols can Hope they have the careers of the "old acts" on the finale. If you go to Vegas and try to get tickets for Gladys Knight,Tom Jones, or Tony Bennett it will cost you over $100 if you can even get into a sold out show. They have staying power which is what I hope these Idol contestants hope to have also. I doubt they want to be the one hit wonders that litter the radio today!
    Well stated! I loved the show last night. It was much better than what I had expected. I didn't care for U2's song choice or GaGA that much and I could have done just fine without Beyonce's second song, but liked it still.

James and Judas Priest were great, as was Haley and Bennett, Casey and Black, Tim and Scotty and my very favorite....TOM JONES. His voice is still so great.

To the Point

I enjoyed the show. It's amazing how much more enjoyable everything is when you DVR and FF through commercials and stuff you just don't want to watch. FF'd through GaGa, most of Marc Anthony, part of Beyonce. Loved the performances afforded James, Haley, Casey, Lauren, & Scotty. Thought they were all fun and thought they all did well. Poor Lauren. It was very obvious that her vocal cords weren't in good shape but she put on a brave face and did what she was able under the circumstances. I hope that she will recover from this with no permanent damage.

There was something about this group of contestants as a whole that just seemed to be pretty caring and supportive of one another. That isn't saying I know what the reality was. I don't. I'm also not saying that other seasons the contestants haven't been supportive of one another.It just felt a bit different this season Perhaps it was because of the changes in the show. Who knows! Could just be me.

FORT Fogey

NC Lurker. I agrtee with you. The whole atmosphere of the show has been lighter and fun. I think most of it has to do with the removal of Simon. His sourness and sarcastic comments to Ryan grew boring long ago and his desire to get out of AI was evident. His leaving is like a huge black cloud being lifted and the sun and fun becoming a huge part of AI.

Well, most of the booted-off contestants out-sang the endlessly adorable Scotty and the terminally sweet Lauren by a mile last night. Scotty and Lauren both could be out-sold in the CD market by any of their older competitors. In terms of the voters, this show, in the last two years, has become a tween and mom-of-tween extravaganza. Let's look forward to another cute, innocent and white-bread male winning next year, too.
    --
    --
    "Tons of surprises, but it wouldn't be 'American Idol' without it, would it?" Cowell told MTV News. "At the end of the day, I could go out and find 12 great singers, but that's kind of boring. The fact that there's people there who shouldn't be there makes it 'American Idol.' "

FORT Fogey

am i the only one who thought haley and tony bennett sucked? god, that was awful.

Quote Originally Posted by ranger1rg View Post
    am i the only one who thought haley and tony bennett sucked? god, that was awful.
    I loved it!
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

To the Point

I didn't think it was great. It seemed a bit awkward to me. However, I actually thought Haley did absolutely fine in the situation.

Quote Originally Posted by NCLurker View Post
    I didn't think it was great. It seemed a bit awkward to me. However, I actually thought Haley did absolutely fine in the situation.
    I just watched, I thought Tony ( who will be 85) was good. Haley, not so much. I am not a fan of hers though.Its seemed very forced.

Didn't do anything for me, either. The BEST performance of the entire night was Steven Tyler's 'Dream On' at the piano. LOVED IT!!!!
    "At the beach, life is different. Time doesn't move hour to hour but mood to moment. We live by the currents, plan by the tides, and follow the sun." - anonymous

+ Reply to Thread