+ Reply to Thread
Page 40 of 45 FirstFirst ... 30313233343536373839404142434445 LastLast

Thread: 5/25 Finale Show *Spoilers*

I was at the finale taping tonight and had an absolute blast! For the person that asked none on performances were pre taped.

Every time they asked the crowd who was going to win it was obvious that 80% were screaming for Scotty.

For me the highlight of the night was U2 and Fat Bottomed girls. But SO much fun to see live.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

Re: 5/25 Finale Show *Spoilers*

Most predictable finale winner in Idol History?

Also, was Lee (last seasons winner) in the audience tonight? Ryan seemed to be blocking him from our view and he didn't appear too happy with the snub. It was obvious to me Ryan was told not to approach him.

My favorite moment tonight was when Haley and Tony Bennett sang “Steppin Out With My Baby.”

Steven Tyler belting out 'Dream On' was also a highlight.
    "Treat others the way you want to be treated."

Yes, Lee was in the audience. At least he was interviewed on the red carpet along with Kris Allen.

I LOVED the show! All the performances were great and the stage change filler bits were hilarious. And no, I'm not high on laughing gas.

My one question is this...has there been any sighting of Lady GaGa since she leaped from that high boulder and disappeared from sight? I worry about things like that.

Taking the R performances to PG for a recap will be a small challenge. I mean Kendra for her Samba during the DWTS Finale shook as many bits as JLo only not half as well.

JLuvs - post more about your experience when you can.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

FORT Fogey

Well, this was boring. Why was this season so predictable for me? Stupid Nigel telling the audience exactly who the top vote getters were early in the season. Stupid Nigel saying that Scotty was possibly the most popular contestant the show has ever had a few days before the finale. And of course I have to roll my eyes at the idea that Scotty is so popular because I know it is based off of the inflated number of votes they had this season due to the new voting system.
    I missed the early eliminated ladies. Watching the show made me bummed that we never really got to see what Ashthon could do. I thought she was the best tonight. If only she had stayed a week or two longer! This was a lame finale. I thought it was strange that Haley had a weird performance with Tony Bennett while Jacob had the opportunity to sing with both Kirk Franklin and Gladys Knight. Jacob was living his dream out with that performance and I bet Haley didn't even know who that was.
    Overall, worst season ever and worst finale ever. But I'd watch it all over again just to see Scotty eat confetti again. That was the highlight of the season for me. That and Haley falling down. Falls always make me laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    My one question is this...has there been any sighting of Lady GaGa since she leaped from that high boulder and disappeared from sight? I worry about things like that.

JLuvs - post more about your experience when you can.
    I'll post quite a report tomorrow. Lady Gaga and Mark came out for a bow about a minute after the jump. Mark is so exciting to watch.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by RealityLovesMe View Post
    Well, this was boring. Why was this season so predictable for me? Stupid Nigel telling the audience exactly who the top vote getters were early in the season. Stupid Nigel saying that Scotty was possibly the most popular contestant the show has ever had a few days before the finale.

And of course I have to roll my eyes at the idea that Scotty is so popular because I know it is based off of the inflated number of votes they had this season due to the new voting system.

...I missed the early eliminated ladies. Watching the show made me bummed that we never really got to see what Ashthon could do.

...Overall, worst season ever and worst finale ever.
    I agree 100%

I have no clue what the new voting system was. Can you PM me and explain? Or post it but I assume everyone knows.

May 25, 2011: The Final Two

I missed the live performance because my son was hurt in a car accident (he’s okay) but watched it back today and watched the finale tonight. No surprise here. I said Scott McCreery was born to be an American Idol, and there was simply no stopping him. It’s darn near impossible to compete against that kind of charisma. People love the guy; what are you gonna do against that; he's got all the right stuff to be a superstar. The other twelve did all they could but to no avail. So, congratulations little dude. You did it. For the first time in ten seasons, I actually liked both winner's songs. Not sure how much credit goes to Jimmy Iovine here though, as Scott wrote his lyric and Lauren covered but clearly out-sang Kristy Lee Cook. Some season-ending observations: 1) Jimmy Iovine is a keeper. He clearly does not like Haley much but everything else was spot on. I love what he brings to the table. 2) Ryan Seacrest was in fine form this season; easily his best work; very relaxed and engaging (he was clearly agitated last season). 3) Lowering the age limit to include even younger contestants worked brilliantly. Sure, they made Casey's life a living hell but these fiesty little tykes made things very interesting with all that "fire and ice”. 4) Not sure about Steven (he doesn’t really offer much criticism; seems more the rah-rah type) but Jenny is a perfect fit for Idol. She's got some catching up to do if she wants to be a superstar judge like Randy though. 5) Yes, this was the best season of American Idol yet; primarily because the contestants were more evenly matched. I, however, am even more convinced that seasons five (Taylor Hicks, Katharine McPhee, Elliott Yamin, Chris Daughtry, Bucky Covington, Ace Young) and season seven (Chris Allen, Adam Lambert, Allison Iraheta, and Danny Gokey) had better talent. 6) The girls of season ten are the prettiest yet, and have excellent rhythm. They look great on the dance floor. 7) The guys are infinitely likeable but Scott and James can’t dance a lick. James was ahead of the rest throughout the Tom Jones medley and Scott was woefully late; no rhythm whatsoever. They need help. 8) Lady gaga won the Best Mentor award; a little touchy-feely but a terrific mentor. Will.I.Am is a great guy but mentoring Idol contestants? Nah....not his thing. 9) I loved everything about this season except the continued meddling; e.g., judges save and judges pick! It serves no purpose. When we the viewers send someone home they're supposed to stay there. Casey, who was obviously born to suffer, had more comebacks than Lazarus and Freddy Kruger combined. And the judges pick hurt Haley real bad. Please judges. Stop meddling.

Below, I posted the best performances of season ten (see **). Following that is a revised Best Stage Performances of the Decade (see ****), seasons one through ten) updated to include one from season nine and several from season ten.

**The Best Performances of Season Ten**
    1. The House of the Rising Sun-----Haley Reinhart
    2. Uprising-----James Durbin
    3. Bennie and the Jets-----Haley Reinhart
    4. What Is and What Should Never Be-----Haley Reinhart
    5. A House is not a Home-----Jacob Lusk
    6. I Need You Now-----Stefano Langone
    7. You’ve Got a Friend-----Scott McCreery
    8. Sorry Seems to be the Hardest Word-----Robbie Rosen
    9. Angel-----Jovany Baretto
    10. Daniel-----Thia Megia
    11. I Hope You Dance-----Lauren Alaina
    12. God Bless The Child-----Jacob Lusk
    13. Maggie May-----Paul McDonald
    14. Georgia on my Mind-----Casey Abrams

****Best Idol Stage Performances of the Decade**** (seasons one thru ten; ten nominees listed in random order with winners listed at the end of each category).
    Best Pop Performance of the Decade
    1. Bridge Over Trouble Water (Clay Aiken)
    2. Circle of Life (Jennifer Hudson)
    3. Somewhere (Latoya London)
    4. A Song For You (Elliott Yamin)
    5. House of the Rising Sun (Haley Reinhart)
    6. My Funny Valentine (Melinda Doolittle)
    7. Father Figure (Ace Young)
    8. Mad World (Adam Lambert)
    9 Hello (David Cook)
    10. Imagine (David Archuleta)
    Winner: A Song For You (Elliott Yamin)
    Runner-up: House of the Rising Sun (Haley Reinhart)

Best R&B and Jazz Stage Performance of the Decade
    1. Can We Talk (Nikko Smith)
    2. I Believe (Fantasia Barrino)
    3. A Song For You (Elliott Yamin)
    4. Since You Been Gone (Melinda Doolitle)
    5. And I Am Telling You (Lakisha Jones)
    6. A House is not a Home (Jacob Lusk)
    7. Distant Lover (Nikko Smith)
    8. Moody’s Mood For Love (Elliott Yamin)
    9. Georgia on my Mind (Casey Abrams)
    10. God Bless The Child (Jacob Lusk)
    Winner: I Believe (Fantasia Barrino)
    Runner-up: God Bless The Child (Jacob Lusk)

Best Rock Stage Performance of the Decade
    1. Uprising (James Durbin)
    2. In A Dream (Bo Bice)
    3. Whipping Post (Bo Bice)
    4. Hemorrhage (Chris Daughtry)
    5. Whole Lotta Love (Adam Lambert)
    6. What Is and What Should Never Be (Haley Reinhart)
    7. Bohemian Rhapsody (Constantine Maroulis)
    8. Jealous Guy (Casey James)
    9. Bennie and the Jets (Haley Reinhart)
    10. Cry Baby (Alison Iraheta, the exit performance)
    Winner: Whipping Post (Bo Bice)
    Runner-up: Whole Lotta Love (Adam Lambert)

Best Country Stage Performance of the Decade
    1. To Love Somebody (Josh Gracin)
    2. To Make You Feel My Love (Kris Allen)
    3. Independence Day (Carrie Underwood)
    4. There Will Come a Day (Melinda Doolittle)
    5. Where Were You When The World Stop Turning (Scott McCreery)
    6. I Hope You Dance (Lauren Alaina)
    7. I Can’t Make You Love Me (Allison Iraheta)
    8. Anyway (Lauren Alaina)
    9. The River (Scott McCreery)
    10. The Change (Phil Stacey)
    Winner: There Will Come a Day (Melinda Doolittle)
    Runner-up: Anyway (Lauren Alaina)

Best Musical/Film/Broadway/Big Band Performance of the Decade
    1. Falling Slowly (Kris Allen)
    2. A Whole New World (Reuben Studdard)
    3. My Funny Valentine (Melinda Doolittle)
    4. The Circle of Life (Jennifer Hudson)
    5. Summertime (Fantasia Barrino)
    6. Music of the Night (David Cook)
    7. Somewhere (Latoya London)
    8. God Bless the Child (Jacob Lusk)
    9. Stuff Like That There (Kelly Clarkson)
    10. And I Am Telling You (Lakesha Jones)
    Winner: My Funny Valentine (Melinda Doolittle
    Runner-up: Circle of Life (Jennifer Hudson)

The Idol Stage Performance of the Decade
    1. There Will Come a Day (Melinda Doolittle)
    2. My Funny Valentine (Melinda Doolittle)
    3. Circle of Life (Jennifer Hudson)
    4. A Song For You (Elliott Yamin)
    5. House of the Rising Sun (Haley Reinhart)
    6. I Believe (Fantasia Barrino)
    7. Can We Talk (Nikko Smith)
    8. Anyway (Lauren Alaina)
    9. Whipping Post (Bo Bice)
    10. Whole Lotta Love (Adam Lambert)
    Runner-up: There Will Come a Day (Melinda Doolittle)

Best Idol Recorded Music of the Decade (itune ineligible)

Best Pop Record
    Winner: Live Like We’re Dying (Kris Allen)
    Runner-Up: Breakaway (Kelly Clarkson)

Best Pop Album
    Winner: Breakaway (Kelly Clarkson)
    Runner-up: Break The Silence (Jon Peter Lewis)

Best R&B/Jazz/Hip-hop Record
    Winner: It’s Your Love (Melinda Doolittle)
    Runner-up: I Believe (Fantasia Barrino)

Best R&B/Jazz/Hip-hop Album
    Winner: Coming Back to You (Melinda Doolittle)
    Runner-up: Love and Life (Latoya London)

Best Rock Record
    Winner: Witness (Bo Bice)
    Runner-up: Whyyawannabringmedown (Kelly Clarkson)

Best Rock Album
    Winner: C’mon Kid (Josiah Leming)
    Runner-up: See The Light (Bo Bice)

Best Country Record
    Winner: Temporary Home (Carrie Underwood)
    Runner-up: I Want To Live (Josh Gracin)

Best Country Album
    Winner: Play On (Carrie Underwood)
    Runner-up: Carnival Ride (Carrie Underwood)

Idol Record of the Decade
    Runner-up: Live Like We’re Dying (Kris Allen)

Idol Album of the Decade
    Winner: C’mon Kid (Josiah Leming)
    Runner-up: Coming Back To You (Melinda Doolittle)
    Last edited by liedenfrost; 05-26-2011 at 05:03 AM.

Great show last night.

Haven't had a chance to read 1,700 pages of comments, so I'll just make a few of my own.

1) Congrats to Scotty. It was a foregone conclusion for weeks that he would win, but here's to a successful career for him.

2) Carrie & Lauren sounded really good together.

3) Thank god for fast forward, it comes in handy every time Beyonce hits the stage.

4) All those great stars on the stage & yet they find a reason to give TLC a performance? What's up with that?

5) Loved Casey & Jack Black.

6) It was interesting that they felt compelled to follow Judas Priest with a bit of Gospel. A cleansing of the pallet perhaps?

7) Love her or hate her, Lady Gaga is one fine performer.

8) I have nothing against a fine female butt, but Mark Anthony was doing just fine before JLo decided to give him a bit of an R Rated assist.

9) Lauren was obviously under the weather vocally since she was missing from all the Top Female performances.

10) Haley was off the charts good with Tony Bennett. He should open a spot for her on his duets album.

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

Who was the guy playing Peter Parker alongside of Bono and The Edge? I absolutely loved the tone of his voice, and he’s a doll to boot. I actually liked him better than Bono!

Loved Haley with Tony Bennett and James with Judas Priest.

That must have been the shortest version of Dream On I’ve ever heard. But I did enjoy it.

Favorite funny moments – when James and Casey were whining about whose elimination was most shocking, and when Jack Black looked bummed when Scotty didn’t hug him. Also thought Marc Anthony’s expressions were cute when JLo first started in on him.

Overall, this year's finale seemed to not have as many goodies (big surprises/big stars) as usual.

ETA: Answering my own question, the guy playing Peter Parker is Reeve Carney. Going to have to look this guy up! Not going to become a stalker or anything - I'm sure he's young enough to be my son. But he's still enjoyable to look at and listen to.

Okay, it is MHO that Nigel just doesn't get it! Here is America voting like crazy for clean cut values...and he is shoving sex down our throats!!

Several of the guest entertainers were not what I want to have on a family show. For pity sakes, some of the contestants are minors, the winner is a minor!! The audience in the studio has many, many children in it.

Beyonce Make Love to Me---are you serious??? Gross, go show it on club date where children are not allowed.

Lady Gag-Me, get a room!! On stage demonstrations of sexual moves--more than disgusting!!

JLo, shame on you!!!!

Nigel, awful!!!! AWFUL!!

+ Reply to Thread