+ Reply to Thread
Page 39 of 45 FirstFirst ... 2930313233343536373839404142434445 LastLast

Thread: 5/25 Finale Show *Spoilers*

FORT Fogey

Re: 5/25 Finale Show *Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by Mtlgrl View Post
    Make love to me? I'm just gonna fast forward tomorrow when I watch this show with my daughters tomorrow lol
    Beyonce makes me cringe and feel like I'm not supposed to be listening to or seeing what she's doing. Almost always. Someone said that JLo was missing the stripper pole - that's what I think of Beyonce, and her lyrics are not so appropriate for this stage.

Thanks everyone for the updates!

FORT Fogey

Well, based on what I'd read about guests for the finale, I wasn't expecting much, but I ended up loving most of it. Enjoyed the variety and the humor, the old fogey singers (Tony Bennett, Tom Jones, Steven Tyler ,...), the cheesy Ford commercial montage, and the contestants sounded better as a group tonight than they did all season! The results...well, that's another thing. Just kidding. I think Scotty is a good kid, and I wish him the best - he will have a great career!

BTW
    FORT Fanatic

I watched more of The Middle and Modern Family. I switched during commercials. Glad I got to see Haley & Tony Bennett, Bono, James with Judas Priest, Steven Tyler's song. Glad I didn't have to watch all of Beyonce's song. Sure hope they change something with the voting next year. These kids with too much time on their hands and the Southern voters, stole it for Scotty....and Lauren. I like Scotty's voice,but IMO not worthy of the win. Looking at some of the other contestants, I thought "why didn't you win?". There was some great talent this season.

I would be curious to see the numbers.. as I think Scotty blew Lauren away.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Quote Originally Posted by fijibeachbum View Post
    So would that be Doody and Cutey?
    Good one! Tim looked great tonight!!

Tonight's show was much better than I expected, and I almost didn't watch because I didn't really care who won and because last night's show was just so underwhelming. But, I'm glad I tuned in and saw some great acts: Judas Priest and James were awesome, Jack Black was hilarious, Carrie was great, then of course there was David Cook in the audience. Yes!

I could have done w/o JLo and her husband, Lady Gaga, Spiderman, and all those random girls onstage who apparently were on the show at some time this season but I don't recognize most of them at all!

Congratulations to (Doody) Scotty.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by waywyrd View Post
    Yet another bland white guy wins Idol. There's always next year for the girls...
    teen girls and their cougar moms makes this an impossibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Chacharo View Post
    The good thing about Lauren singing with Carrie ... maybe she learned something about standing there entertaining instead of trying to run around out of breath ... I didn't notice Lauren doing her squatting rear wiggling with pigeon toes either. Improvement!
    I actually thought she looked a little, I don't know, ... embarrassed perhaps.

She didn't seem to be connecting with Carrie during the song. She was looking straight ahead with that odd look on her face and Carrie was going for the duet connect ... eye contact.

I feel a little sorry for her because I think she would have benefited most from the AI "grooming", and is hands down the better singer.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

James was freakin' awesome tonight! He fit right in with Judas Priest.

Casey and Jack...hilarious! I LOVED it!

Tony and Haley...so sweet! They were cute together.

Tim M. Yum. "Nuff said. I will say this...IMO, that was the best Scotty's sounded all season.

Ok...I'm going to admit this. I'm going to be 38 next month and I LOVE Lil Jon. Yes. I said LOVE. My 19 year old son loves rap and I think I've listened to it so much that it grew on me!
    Last edited by JavaJo; 05-26-2011 at 01:07 AM.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Quote Originally Posted by lorac7 View Post
    Why does Idol always have such old acts every year (Gladys, TJ, TB) why not book younger more current people like Jennifer Hudson singing with Jacob or Esperalda Spaulding singing with Haley etc. This show attracts such a large audience you'd think they could entice younger acts!
    I really don't get the problem with having the past legends of music on. These people show the longevity of the careers these kids can have. Gladys Knight,Tom Jones,Tony Bennett, JP,Steven Tyler, TLC, they pave the road for these Idols to ease on down.

These Idols can Hope they have the careers of the "old acts" on the finale. If you go to Vegas and try to get tickets for Gladys Knight,Tom Jones, or Tony Bennett it will cost you over $100 if you can even get into a sold out show.They have staying power which is what I hope these Idol contestants hope to have also. I doubt they want to be the one hit wonders that litter the radio today!
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

+ Reply to Thread