+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: 5/24 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Re: 5/24 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by TeacherLady View Post
    I can't believe it's been something like 25 minutes since anyone's posted in this thread, and it's the final performance night. Unheard of! Boring, boring, boring!

DI has Scotty doing about twice as well as Lauren, though I'm not sure at all I am interpreting it right.

Good night!
    LOl.I wont bother watching any of it.Sounds little like a snore fest.zzzzzzz

night

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    LOl.I wont bother watching any of it.Sounds little like a snore fest.zzzzzzz

night
    It just didn't seem like a finale - there was no electricity, nothing to make it seem special. Well, until the very end when they brought David Cook out - that makes it worth watching!! But, until then, there was no big thrill about the show at all.

Quote Originally Posted by navybelle View Post
    It just didn't seem like a finale - there was no electricity, nothing to make it seem special. Well, until the very end when they brought David Cook out - that makes it worth watching!! But, until then, there was no big thrill about the show at all.
    I only watched when James was in it.I am no fan of the final two.

Haley and James would have been a much more interesting finale.

I can't believe it's been something like 25 minutes since anyone's posted in this thread, and it's the final performance night. Unheard of! Boring, boring, boring!

DI has Scotty doing about twice as well as Lauren, though I'm not sure at all I am interpreting it right.

Good night!
    This is one of the most uninspiring finales I've ever seen on AI. I kept walking back and forth from the tv to the kitchen, but there was nothing magical at all about this evening. I remember the battle of the David's and I was glued to the set on THAT one! It just goes to show how meh these two are.

Having said that, I think Lauren out-sang the last song in the final round. It was nowhere near as cheesy as past coronation songs, which indeed had rainbows and other malarky thrown in. From what I had read before the show I was cringing just thinking about it, but was pleasantly surprised. It was pretty sweet and I didn't take any offense at having Lauren hug her mom. It wasn't an extended lovefest or anything and Lauren didn't start bawling her eyes out either. I wish them both the best, but hope that Lauren wins.

FORT Fogey

This is a tough season. I thought Lauren won the finale. The reason I think it is tough is because I compare her to Jordin and she doesn't come close. I compare her to Carrie and she doesn't come close. At least she's better than Lee and Kris. I'm not sure that is much to be proud of. Her last song was one of her best performances. Too bad Nigel has already made it known Scotty is possibly the most popular contestant the show has ever had. Maybe I would have wasted time voting for her. Anyway, nobody cares if the American Idol can sing anymore. Well, I do. Apparently most voters don't.
    Randy was dressed like a pimp on safari tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by RealityLovesMe View Post
    snipped....
    Randy was dressed like a pimp on safari tonight.
    Funniest thing I've read all night!!!

Quote Originally Posted by navybelle View Post
    I have the iTunes videos for the DA/DC finale and I have to say that was an amazing show. Compared to tonight, this was just another week in the AI countdown. I do love DC

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

I had a feeling a couple of weeks ago that when the bus finished smashing Haley, it would take aim for Scotty. The one night of the year to wimp completely out and the panel chose this one. Steven Tyler - Lauren wins because she is prettier than you. What?!? JLo turned her head and looked down when she named Lauren.

I agree that Lauren's emotional last song grabbed hearts, but why in the heck did they dress Scotty in a suit? I thought I was watching the crooner Stefano. Bad first song choice, Iovine. Why didn't you choose something uptempo? When they were standing there at the end (before David) Scotty looked to be one of Lauren's biggest supporters. I think he is sure she will win - especially with the panel (I refuse to call them judges) support.

I remember the David/David finale part 1 when Archie was chosen by the panel as the night's winner. The next night, before the show, Simon told Cookie that after watching the tape he was wrong and should have said David Cook.

I guess I'm just ranting about buses, useless celebrities and a shouting veteran passing nothing but wind. Hopefully the real finale will be a kicking success for performances.

Oh - even though my DVR added an extra 7 minutes on the end, I also set to record the following show. Speaking of the Davids...And the Winner is.....David (DVR cut off). And speaking of the Davids, I spotted Archie in the audience.

That's all - I rarely rant and I'm glad this isn't mine to recap because, because.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

FORT Regular

Good night!
    At this time of the night after the Dancing With the Stars final there were 20 pages on the DWTS finals discussion thread. There are only 9 pages on the AI thread.

I only caught a few minutes of AI during commercial breaks on the Biggest Loser and what I saw was boring. I lost interest after James and Hailey were eliminated.

All season I found Scotty boring and his mannerisms very annoying - the head tilts, eyebrows popping way up and down and the hand shifting on the mike. The judges never seemed to push him to try something out of his comfort zone.

Although Lauren has a decent voice I don't think she was quite ready for the show. Even if she should win they wold have better served her, as they had Hailey the year before, by encouraging her to work on her singing and trying again the next year.

After the auditions the judging turned out to be boring and predictable this season. Only Randy very occasionally offered some criticism.

+ Reply to Thread