+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: 5/24 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Re: 5/24 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by RealityLovesMe View Post
    This is a tough season. I thought Lauren won the finale. The reason I think it is tough is because I compare her to Jordin and she doesn't come close. I compare her to Carrie and she doesn't come close. At least she's better than Lee and Kris. I'm not sure that is much to be proud of. Her last song was one of her best performances. Too bad Nigel has already made it known Scotty is possibly the most popular contestant the show has ever had. Maybe I would have wasted time voting for her. Anyway, nobody cares if the American Idol can sing anymore. Well, I do. Apparently most voters don't.
    Randy was dressed like a pimp on safari tonight.
    I don't get comparing a contestant to past contestants. Lauren is Lauren, she is neither Jordan nor Carrie. She has a beautiful voice, but its unique to her and I wouldn't want a carbon copy of the other two. I enjoyed the finale far more than I have in ages, and I think they both did well. I guess if you don't like country music you would find it boring, like I would have found it boring if it had been - say - Jacob and Pia in the finale.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    I had a feeling a couple of weeks ago that when the bus finished smashing Haley, it would take aim for Scotty. The one night of the year to wimp completely out and the panel chose this one. Steven Tyler - Lauren wins because she is prettier than you. What?!? JLo turned her head and looked down when she named Lauren..
    I agree, they were really pushing Lauren. Do they want her to win? Do they want it to appear that she can (if Scotty has a commanding fan lead)? I gave him round one hands down, solidly....second round I thought he was better. Final song... hers was better, she hugged her mom there were tears. But was I the only one who noticed she was out of breathe a few times?
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by bee stung lips View Post
    zzzzZZZZZzzzzZZZZZZzzzzz....is it over yet?
    ditto. I didn't watch last night.

I skipped watching Idol this year and only tuned in last night to see the final two. I liked both of these kids and thought they did great. I can see both of them having a good future in the business.
    Choices are the hinges of destiny.

To the Point

Yeah, I really got the feeling they were pushing Lauren. I do like Lauren. I love her tone. I really do think that with a really good vocal coach that she will be much, much better. If no one in the industry sees to this her parents should. The very fact that she "sprained" her vocal cords in preparation is an indication if nothing else, however, she does need help with breath control and that has been there from the beginning of this competition.

I think either of these kids are okay. I would like to see Scotty take it, but if it's Lauren so be it. They will both be signed.

They really set Scotty up for loss with those songs. Please don't attack me, I know George Strait is country royality, but he has no business picking a song for Scotty. He is way too old and his songs too boring to have a clue of what Scotty should be singing. And last week they gave Scotty a slow, boring Kenny Rogers song? Now I know how the Haley fans felt. It was a set up for him to look bad and Lauren got the great stuff.

Still, as hard as they try, I think that Scotty will still prevail. For the last couple of years, the best performance has not resulted in a win. I think Scotty still has a shot, despite Lauren's great songs last night.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    They really set Scotty up for loss with those songs. Please don't attack me, I know George Strait is country royality, but he has no business picking a song for Scotty. He is way too old and his songs too boring to have a clue of what Scotty should be singing. And last week they gave Scotty a slow, boring Kenny Rogers song? Now I know how the Haley fans felt. It was a set up for him to look bad and Lauren got the great stuff.

Still, as hard as they try, I think that Scotty will still prevail. For the last couple of years, the best performance has not resulted in a win. I think Scotty still has a shot, despite Lauren's great songs last night.
    I agree, and I also thing the song they gave him for his first single was not the best they could have done for him. I'm not saying they're trying to set him up to lose, and I love George Straight and thought he did a good job on it, but they could have done better for him. I think Scotty will win regardless, and probably the comments about Lauren winning it with her performance had the same effect it had on Haley fans and people voted who would otherwise not have bothered. I guess we'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by KofferMum View Post
    I wish David would smile more.
    He's fine the way he is, smile or not

Quote Originally Posted by Chacharo View Post
    They've been pretty useless since they got to Hollywood!

This is going about how I expected. Nothing much to see here, people.
    The judge's comments are always useless, regardless of judge or season.
    Last edited by Arielflies; 05-25-2011 at 03:44 PM.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

Quote Originally Posted by Misty8723 View Post
    I agree, and I also thing the song they gave him for his first single was not the best they could have done for him. I'm not saying they're trying to set him up to lose, and I love George Straight and thought he did a good job on it, but they could have done better for him. I think Scotty will win regardless, and probably the comments about Lauren winning it with her performance had the same effect it had on Haley fans and people voted who would otherwise not have bothered. I guess we'll see.
    I agree about the songs for Scotty. They set it up with terrible songs. So boring, IMO. Lauren's performances were better because she had better songs, but that doesn't mean a win though.

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

I think they both did a great job. You can tell that TPTB want a girl winner this season. It was very gentlemen like of Scotty, who won the toss, to defer to Lauren. They will both have great careers, but I'm pulling for scotty. Loved seeing me some David Cook. He is so cute and a great singer
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

FORT Fogey

I thought this year that AI wanted themselves a teenaged winner to move into the teenage popularity big money game. They sure did find two potential winners with these two . I did think the the "mom" song was a deliberate move to give LA an extra push to winning. You can't dispute the power of a sentimental song.....We will see but my money is still on Scottie

+ Reply to Thread