+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: 5/19 AI 10: Top 3 Results Show

Re: 5/19 AI 10: Top 3 Results Show

Quote Originally Posted by Nanamary View Post
    Thank you. Does that ever indicate anything? Like who might have had the most votes for last night? Not that it matters because now Haley's votes will have to go to someone if those people who liked her still watch and vote.
    I think some will vote for Scotty to vindicate Haley's loss and some will vote for Lauren because she's the only one representing the distaff side.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by echo226 View Post
    Agreed ... except for the "ugh" for Lauren. I do think Lauren has much promise but needs some developmental assistance and some toughening up.

Scotty will get country-fan votes and young groupie-girlie votes like the ones who were crying during this home town visit.

Lauren will get country-fan votes and some girl-power and compassionate votes because of her hometown segment.

They will each gain or lose votes for different reasons.

I'm thinking it may actually be somewhat close to call.

I am geographically torn regarding my votes as I have close family in Asheville, NC and Chattanooga, TN.

In any case I wish them both luck.
    Sorry about the "ugh". I feel bad for saying that -- I'm really a very nice person, and she's just a kid. I'm just so darn disappointed about Haley.

Quote Originally Posted by AsIs View Post
    I never got a confirmation vote when I voted last night. This show is maddening at times. Best of luck to Lauren and Scotty. They are both very talented.
    And I couldn't get a vote to go through. All I got was a busy signal for a half hour.

Quote Originally Posted by TeacherLady View Post
    Sorry about the "ugh". I feel bad for saying that -- I'm really a very nice person, and she's just a kid. I'm just so darn disappointed about Haley.
    Me too. I think Lauren needs more seasoning. She looked a bit arrogant there when she had to hug Haley and than quickly pulled away.

I have to say it really is sad to read all the disparging remarks about Country music. Wow it really is insulting to those who enjoy that genre of music. I m not a country music listener. I was taught to enjoy all types of music an appreciate it all. I wish both Scotty and Lauren good luck, I am pulling for Scotty because he is the reason I have started to enjoy the genre more from his talents.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

I tried voting for 2 hours and I got thru maybe a dozen times... Weird. I also wish I was able to text but since I don't have AT&T, I lose.
    Oh well, game over.
    The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart. Helen Keller

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007 View Post
    I have to say it really is sad to read all the disparging remarks about Country music. Wow it really is insulting to those who enjoy that genre of music. I m not a country music listener. I was taught to enjoy all types of music an appreciate it all. I wish both Scotty and Lauren good luck, I am pulling for Scotty because he is the reason I have started to enjoy the genre more from his talents.
    I agree. But the great thing is that over 2/3 of the voters showed they preferred country to screaming and growling.

I really like Lauren......I think Scotty will win! GLAD Haley is not in the finals!
    Happiness isn't just an emotion, it is a state of mind.

No need to apologize and I can tell you are a nice person.

I actually was hoping for an all girl finale which would have included Haley.

I actually felt sorry for Haley because the weather during her visit was actually even worse than what was shown. It was not only raining ... but it was windy and cold. And if you can see the dark humor in the Mayor's pronunciation mistake ... she announced that the day was Haley RAINheart day. Yikes !
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

FORT Regular

.....I'm just so darn disappointed about Haley.
    Me too, TL.

Here's a farewell from Haley, back when she was still just a dreamer --- may be my favorite of all:

YouTube - ‪like a star, while back in 2008‬‏

Bye, bye Haley .... we'll see you soon.
    Last edited by sheesh; 05-19-2011 at 10:10 PM.

+ Reply to Thread