+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: 5/19 AI 10: Top 3 Results Show

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Re: 5/19 AI 10: Top 3 Results Show

Quote Originally Posted by pillbeam View Post
    Yep. Haley is a seriously talented performer, and it sucks to be beaten out by mediocre singers who are barely out of their diapers. Crystal had to go through the same thing last year with the no-talent Lee Dewyze.
    --
    --
    Hey, pillbeam, get out of my head! I don't post much here but have been nodding my head in agreement with you most of the season!

Quote Originally Posted by Misty8723 View Post
    She would do better to put on the happy face anyway and show some class. Plenty of other people have stood in her shoes and seen their dream end.
    ITA.
    Adam Lambert comes to mind.
    He was extremely gracious when Kris was chosen as AI.
    Last edited by MsFroggy; 05-21-2011 at 11:19 AM.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by pillbeam View Post
    The difference, in my opinion, is that Haley is vastly more talented than the flirty, eyebrow-rasing, corn pone Scotty and the robotic, out-of-breath Lauren. I liked both Kris and Adam, and each was talented in their genre, and they both belonged in the Top 2. Same with Ruben and Clay. They both belonged in the Top 2. Kris/Adam and Ruben/Clay very much surpassed the Top 3 contenders that they beat out. Not so this year with the youngster duo. Haley would have been a much worthier contender for Top 2.
    ---
    Actually, season two, I thought that Kimberly Locke came on toward the end of the competition (after New York State of Mind) and surpassed both Clay and Ruben. Clay was beyond gracious when Reuben won, because he actually saw the results before they were announced. When Ryan was getting ready to announce the winner, Clay was facing Ruben so he could watch his reaction, and he had a very positive look on his face.

Its my opinion that both Scotty and Lauren deserve to be in the final two. They're both young and can do some growing, but both are talented and either would make a good winner. Every one has their preferences, and I doubt I would buy a CD of Haley or go see her in concert, but I would for both Scotty or Lauren.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

Quote Originally Posted by Kaplan View Post
    I agree. As for the look on her face when she was eliminated...she was probably thinking 'yeah, they actually did it- they wanted me gone and they got what they wanted'
    I am going to say that America got what it wanted, Scotty & Lauren. I just wish we got rid of Haley before she had time to really slaughter and destroy "Bennie & The Jets"

Maybe some people are more than a little put off with her attitude and that is why she is gone. Personally she tried to hide her pitch problems and inability to remember the words with the growl she used all the time.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007 View Post
    I am going to say that America got what it wanted, Scotty & Lauren. I just wish we got rid of Haley before she had time to really slaughter and destroy "Bennie & The Jets"

Maybe some people are more than a little put off with her attitude and that is why she is gone. Personally she tried to hide her pitch problems and inability to remember the words with the growl she used all the time.
    Millions who voted obviously agreed. I found her having to be bleeped twice for cursing, when commenting on the stretch limo, to be unladylike and something I was sorry to see on TV. That's not a good role model. I never recall any young lady being bleeped for bad language on AI.
    Last edited by Gina28; 05-21-2011 at 12:53 AM.

Well, no one answered my question about what drugs Haley was rumored to be on. Then I see a rumor about her having a baby. I can't imagine why anyone would even want to put themselves out there. As long as she is strong enough to rise above the criticism she should be fine. I don't expect singers I enjoy to be perfect. Anytime you put a contestant on a pedestal they are bound to fall. Haley has always proven she can rise again and deliver.
    "Treat others the way you want to be treated."

Well it is done. I hope Haley is successful without the AI title. Sometimes, their contracts really hold them back. As to the teenie boppers, they will do just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Quemoni View Post
    Well it is done. I hope Haley is successful without the AI title. Sometimes, their contracts really hold them back. As to the teenie boppers, they will do just fine.
    Can you tell me one person that this applies to? There are certainly things that hold them back, wrong musical choices, the artist themselves not stepping up & taking the advantages they have been given, but I just don't think the contract holds them back.

I just don't think Haley was all that great, as compared to the other idols. Almost all the other idols were as talented as she or in some cases, much more talented then she. So there was no conspiracy against her; she was lucky to have squeaked by so many times. Maybe there was something wrong with my TV speakers because it often sounded liked she screeched parts of her songs, and I couldn't figure out why the judges would gush about a performance that had so many screechy parts. (what the heck was going on with the judges? I FF though most of their comments as they were always the same comments.) As far as past great performers being arrogant, that usually came after huge success. It amuses me when I see singers on AI behaving as though they are big stars. Still I wish Haley some post Idol success as I do most of the idols

What's with all the cracks about Lauren not being tough enough for the business? She's a sensitive 16 year girl whose home town areas have seen unbelievable devastation. If she didn't act like she was moved by it all, people would be posting how she didn't seem to care about all the ruined lives. Whatever. It was kind and sensitive of her to say "I'm sorry" [about all the devastation] to the big crowd who came to hear her sing. It's good to see a young rising star who is not completely self-absorbed.

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RubyRed View Post
    I just don't think Haley was all that great, as compared to the other idols. Almost all the other idols were as talented as she or in some cases, much more talented then she. So there was no conspiracy against her; she was lucky to have squeaked by so many times. Maybe there was something wrong with my TV speakers because it often sounded liked she screeched parts of her songs, and I couldn't figure out why the judges would gush about a performance that had so many screechy parts. (what the heck was going on with the judges? I FF though most of their comments as they were always the same comments.) As far as past great performers being arrogant, that usually came after huge success. It amuses me when I see singers on AI behaving as though they are big stars. Still I wish Haley some post Idol success as I do most of the idols

What's with all the cracks about Lauren not being tough enough for the business? She's a sensitive 16 year girl whose home town areas have seen unbelievable devastation. If she didn't act like she was moved by it all, people would be posting how she didn't seem to care about all the ruined lives. Whatever. It was kind and sensitive of her to say "I'm sorry" [about all the devastation] to the big crowd who came to hear her sing. It's good to see a young rising star who is not completely self-absorbed.
    I'll leave the Haley stuff aside because a lot of it is taste, and people know I wasn't a big fan anyway.

The Lauren slamming gets to me too. She just turned 16... she's just a kid. I was just talking to my friends' daughter, a 14 year old. She is a part of a school band and went on a "tour" with the band. She described her favourite moments as being all the candy and junk food they ate and also the game of glow in the dark hide and seek they played at a miniputt course. Lauren is just over a year older than this kid and I can't believe how well she's been holding up... over everything... the pressure, the devastation in her home state, and the critcism from viewers. She's doing alright.

As for Scotty, I just think he needs about ten years to grow into his voice. He could be a looker someday, and with that voice to go with it, he could be a huge star. Once again, he's just a kid, and has a lot to learn and is handling himself really well considering his age. I really wish someone would direct his stage presence though... he's just so much cheese.

+ Reply to Thread