+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: 5/19 AI 10: Top 3 Results Show

Re: 5/19 AI 10: Top 3 Results Show

Quote Originally Posted by my3boyz View Post
    Haley was the one who looked arrogant to me. She actually looked ticked off. She acts like she thinks she is all that and more. She had an attitude with the judges any time they said something she did not agree with.
    Guess it is all in how you view it. I saw someone who was shocked and stunned, probably did not know what to do. And as to her talking back, I didn't see it as that. I thought she was confident in what she was doing. And lest not forget the lashing she got from the judges a few weeks back, which was totally unwarranted. They gave everyone the usual tongue bath and than lashed out at Haley. I think that is when she really made a turn around.

I see Lauren as a teen prom queen. Sorry, JMHO, I find her irritating. The tears, the crying, the awful outfits. As for the confidence issue, sure looked to me last night that she looked smug, rather than shocked that she was in the finale. That said, I think she will be a success, she has a lovely voice, I think she just needs more seasoning.

Glad Haley is gone. She can do her arm waving to wave bye bye. I think if she had stuck to a genre (aka R&R or Jazz) she would have been much better off....
    Obama grew up in Hawaii not Chicago

FORT Fanatic

Ryan said that 95 million votes came in? Does this mean than a large portion of the general viewing audience didn't particularly care for Haley either?
    It would seem so.

Quote Originally Posted by YellowRose View Post
    I see Lauren as a teen prom queen. Sorry, JMHO, I find her irritating. The tears, the crying, the awful outfits. As for the confidence issue, sure looked to me last night that she looked smug, rather than shocked that she was in the finale.
    I agree, she just seems fake to me & I find that very irritating. Diana DeGarmo version 8.0.

Quote Originally Posted by mslady View Post
    Ryan said that 95 million votes came in? Does this mean than a large portion of the general viewing audience didn't particularly care for Haley either?
    It would seem so.
    No, that doesn't necessarly follow at all. Haley could have gotten 28 million votes, Lauren 28.5 million and Scotty (the flirtatious Alfred E. Neuman) 38.5 million.
    --
    --
    "Tons of surprises, but it wouldn't be 'American Idol' without it, would it?" Cowell told MTV News. "At the end of the day, I could go out and find 12 great singers, but that's kind of boring. The fact that there's people there who shouldn't be there makes it 'American Idol.' "

Quote Originally Posted by mslady View Post
    It would seem so.
    It all depends where the 95 million votes went... we have no idea how close the vote was between 1st and 3rd. It could have been 80 mil for scotty, 10 for Lauren and 5 for Haley or it could have been 34 Scotty, 31 Lauren and 30 Haley... you get my drift I'm sure. Point is, unless we know exactly where the votes went we will never know how popular one contestant was over the other.

eta: pillbeam we were on the same page, I'm a little slower obviously
    The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart. Helen Keller

I think it's not wise to compare attitudes of singers with contestants on this show.
    Frank Sinatra, Barbra Streisand, James Taylor, et al, came up through the ranks where they struggled for years.
    When you're on a TV reality show, that's not excatly the same thing.
    You're looking to the viewers / the american public, to like you and reward you.
    I think Haley's attitude turned off a lot of people. If she had just been a singer like the above who pounded the pavement and worked hard at it for years, it would have been different.
    But, she was on a much watched TV reality show where people are not just voting on your vocals, they're voting on whether they like the person who goes along wth those vocals.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere View Post
    I think it's not wise to compare attitudes of singers with contestants on this show.
    Frank Sinatra, Barbra Streisand, James Taylor, et al, came up through the ranks where they struggled for years.
    You're looking to the viewers / the american public, to like you and reward you.
    I think Haley's attitude turned off a lot of people. If she had just been a singer like the above who pounded the pavement and worked hard at it for years, it would have been different.
    But, she was on a much watched TV reality show where people are not just voting on your vocals, they're voting on whether they like the person who goes along wth those vocals.
    ICAM.

Haley doesn't have the vocal talent to back up her attitude either. She is certainly not in the same category as the folks that have been forementioned.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere View Post
    I agree. This is a reality show, not a true singing contest. I would say the (perceived) personality of a contestant is much more important to winning this show than talent, or else folks like Lee DeWyze or Sanjaya would never have made it as far as they did. However, the bottom line is that Haley did reach Top 3 of this season, surpassing James, Casey, Pia, Jacob etc. So her personality was more than satisfactory for millions of voters.
    --
    --
    Last edited by pillbeam; 05-20-2011 at 03:04 PM.
    "Tons of surprises, but it wouldn't be 'American Idol' without it, would it?" Cowell told MTV News. "At the end of the day, I could go out and find 12 great singers, but that's kind of boring. The fact that there's people there who shouldn't be there makes it 'American Idol.' "

Nigel tweeted today that Jimmy Iovine has played him the song for Haley's first single. I knew Jimmy liked her & I suspect she is going to do some really good things.

+ Reply to Thread