+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: 5/19 AI 10: Top 3 Results Show

FORT Fogey

Re: 5/19 AI 10: Top 3 Results Show

Just because she thought highly enough of him to ask him to duet with her, it doesn't have to follow that his opinion of her or her songs was equally high.

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    Amy Grant once took a song to James & asked him to do a duet with her, he declined saying the song sucked. She had written the thing. That'll make a person feel good eh?
    Exactly. And that kind of lack of tact has not stopped Taylor and the other famous performers from being superstars. On American Idol this year, at least four contestants have been accused of arrogance: Haley, James, Jacob and now, even, Lauren. I actually think all of these kids are probably pretty nice. But if they are really talented, it won't matter to their career if they are jerks in real life. It will matter, of course, to their personal life.
    --
    --
    "Tons of surprises, but it wouldn't be 'American Idol' without it, would it?" Cowell told MTV News. "At the end of the day, I could go out and find 12 great singers, but that's kind of boring. The fact that there's people there who shouldn't be there makes it 'American Idol.' "

A Nigel tweet concerning Haley:

"Jimmy played me a song for Haley’s record yesterday. Let’s hope all the people that are professing love buy it and give her a great start."

Look like she might have a future with Interscope, good for her. If I'm Lauren I would be thinking I still need to win to get a record contract, they might just take the one country singer unless they are forced to sign Lauren.

To the Point

Oh, I don't think Lauren or Scotty need to win for a contract. I think it is pretty much a given that Interscope will sign them both. Could be wrong, but I doubt it. Some of that may depend on how consistent voting has been.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by pillbeam View Post
    Actually, there are many superstars who have been accused, countless times, of being arrogant: Just to name a few: Frank Sinatra, Barbra Streisand, James Taylor, John Mayer, various rappers. etc. etc....You do not have pass a "niceness" test to succeed in show business. You do have to pass a "personality" test......That is you have to have a personality in order to succeed. Lauren, our Stepford teen, seems to lack any depth or feeling in her performances. That's going to hurt her more than her crying jags. Scotty is loaded with personality, that's why he's going to win.
    --
    --
    Let's not forget about Axl Rose. His bad attitude is what made him one of the best frontmen.

Quote Originally Posted by pillbeam View Post
    Actually, there are many superstars who have been accused, countless times, of being arrogant: Just to name a few: Frank Sinatra, Barbra Streisand, James Taylor, John Mayer, various rappers. etc. etc....You do not have pass a "niceness" test to succeed in show business. You do have to pass a "personality" test......That is you have to have a personality in order to succeed. Lauren, our Stepford teen, seems to lack any depth or feeling in her performances. That's going to hurt her more than her crying jags. Scotty is loaded with personality, that's why he's going to win.
    --
    --
    I bet these musicians didn't buck advice given to them though as amateurs just starting out. That goes for advice given from musicians themselves, also. And not just Jimmy Iovine.
    Last edited by angelic_one2002; 05-20-2011 at 12:19 PM.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

Quote Originally Posted by angelic_one2002 View Post
    I bet these musicians didn't buck advice given to them though as amateurs just starting out.
    That's what I like about the Top 10 this year. They all seemed to listen Jimmy Iovine carefully and took in most of what he advised. Haley probably took his advice the most. She got more down to earth as the weeks evolved and she finally dropped the annoying arm waving and incessant growling. That's why she made it to the Top 3. And, Haley wisely did not listen to the bogus, conflicting "advice" of the "judges".
    --
    -
    --
    Last edited by pillbeam; 05-20-2011 at 12:21 PM.
    "Tons of surprises, but it wouldn't be 'American Idol' without it, would it?" Cowell told MTV News. "At the end of the day, I could go out and find 12 great singers, but that's kind of boring. The fact that there's people there who shouldn't be there makes it 'American Idol.' "

I don't see where Haley has an attitude... I see confidence which often times can be misunderstood as attitude. I think that when comparing Haley and Lauren we're so used to seeing insecure Lauren batting her eyelashes playing the sweet southern girl next door type, that stacked next to confident sassy Haley there are some misconceptions. Haley isn't afraid to hit the high notes and get dirty. Lauren has some vocal training needed to be done to get confident in her gift. Lauren can sing, no doubt, but her lack of confidence kills it for me. Haley is comfortable in her skin and I think that scares some people. Just my 2 cents.
    The Buffalo Bills Will Win A Superbowl Someday!!!

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Realitychick View Post
    I don't see where Haley has an attitude... I see confidence which often times can be misunderstood as attitude. I think that when comparing Haley and Lauren we're so used to seeing insecure Lauren batting her eyelashes playing the sweet southern girl next door type, that stacked next to confident sassy Haley there are some misconceptions. Haley isn't afraid to hit the high notes and get dirty. Lauren has some vocal training needed to be done to get confident in her gift. Lauren can sing, no doubt, but her lack of confidence kills it for me. Haley is comfortable in her skin and I think that scares some people. Just my 2 cents.
    I agree. As for the look on her face when she was eliminated...she was probably thinking 'yeah, they actually did it- they wanted me gone and they got what they wanted'

Quote Originally Posted by Kaplan View Post
    I agree. As for the look on her face when she was eliminated...she was probably thinking 'yeah, they actually did it- they wanted me gone and they got what they wanted'
    Yep. Haley is a seriously talented performer, and it sucks to be beaten out by mediocre singers who are barely out of their diapers. Crystal had to go through the same thing last year with the no-talent Lee Dewyze.
    --
    --

+ Reply to Thread