+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: 5/19 AI 10: Top 3 Results Show

Re: 5/19 AI 10: Top 3 Results Show

Quote Originally Posted by Kaplan View Post
    I think you may need an attitude like Haley's to make it. I fear Lauren will get eaten up in this industry.
    Yeah, I guess you have to have a balance. Lauren is so young, I can see why she might not have a lot of confidence, but look at Scotty. He does. I can't see anybody pushing him around, even though he's a kid.

My dad always told me to never let anyone treat me poorly or with disrespect, including employers. It caused me to stand up for myself several times and even walk away from a job once. I was only in my 20's.

I guess in the world of show biz, they hire people to stand up for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaplan View Post
    I think you may need an attitude like Haley's to make it. I fear Lauren will get eaten up in this industry.
    Nah...not everyone in the music industry has an attitude like hers. Perseverence, yes. Without the attitude.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

Quote Originally Posted by angelic_one2002 View Post
    Nah...not everyone in the music industry has an attitude like hers. Perseverence, yes. Without the attitude.

Haley simply isn't that good that people are going to be willing to work around her attitude either.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Quote Originally Posted by NFL1 View Post
    I'm not a country fan, an I never liked Carrie Underwood on Idol, she was a Barbie and wooden, and just kept time with her fingers on the microphone...however, she's been a real STAR by growing into it, going from backwoods Oklahoma to a true superstar (I would not have guessed). LAUREN, I see as a young Carrie like singer, with that kind of overall package, and versatility - different ranges, up beat, slow songs, and as she gets experience she will grow into it and has greater potential in my opinion. She can do country, can cross-over. Scotty, I like his low register, but he is one-note, and is quirky to watch, whereas Lauren's little wiggle dance is annoying, but she can take dance classes and learn to move!

So, while I think Scotty will win, I think Lauren will pass him on success. STILL upset that James is not there with one of the two...it's such a missed opportunity, but I hope he also grows into it (he's older, and through the tour will have time to work it out and keep working on the challenges that he faces in life and how he can overcome them despite how cut-throat this industry can be. He has shown he can tough it out.
    To the highlighted...I tried to tell everybody right from the beginning, but no one wanted to hear it....Go down to the Idols on the charts thread & read the article at the link I posted last night.

I just broke my arm patting myself on the back.

Quote Originally Posted by CuckoosNest View Post
    Did you hear? They're changing the title of the show to "American Country Music Suckfest."

While both nice, talented kids, neither Scotty nor Lauren are anything fresh, new or exciting. I thought the idea of the show was to find those singers who might actually shake up the world of music? The show officially jumped the shark for me last night. I'm done.
    For me, the show jumped the shark last year when the producers/judges pushed Lee DeWyze to the finish. He is the first Idol winner who actually cannot sing in tune. This year, we're going to have a facial-mugging Alfred Newman teen flirt competing against a vapid teen female singer. Whoo-hoo---let the snoring begin.
    --
    --
    Last edited by pillbeam; 05-20-2011 at 11:49 AM.
    "Tons of surprises, but it wouldn't be 'American Idol' without it, would it?" Cowell told MTV News. "At the end of the day, I could go out and find 12 great singers, but that's kind of boring. The fact that there's people there who shouldn't be there makes it 'American Idol.' "

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    To the highlighted...I tried to tell everybody right from the beginning, but no one wanted to hear it....Go down to the Idols on the charts thread & read the article at the link I posted last night.

Yeah, she (Carrie Underwood) was bound for greatness. I liked her and wanted her to win, however, I thougt she was so stiff and lifeless that she would never go far. Well, I guess she showed me! LOL She grew into a great star and wonderful performer.

Quote Originally Posted by angelic_one2002 View Post
    Actually, there are many superstars who have been accused, countless times, of being arrogant: Just to name a few: Frank Sinatra, Barbra Streisand, James Taylor, John Mayer, various rappers. etc. etc....You do not have pass a "niceness" test to succeed in show business. You do have to pass a "personality" test......That is you have to have a personality in order to succeed. Lauren, our Stepford teen, seems to lack any depth or feeling in her performances. That's going to hurt her more than her crying jags. Scotty is loaded with personality, that's why he's going to win.
    --
    --
    "Tons of surprises, but it wouldn't be 'American Idol' without it, would it?" Cowell told MTV News. "At the end of the day, I could go out and find 12 great singers, but that's kind of boring. The fact that there's people there who shouldn't be there makes it 'American Idol.' "

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post

I think Carrie has improved greatly, but not enough to make me want to buy her CD.
    --
    --

FORT Fogey

The top two was no surprise since these two youngsters were pimped from day one. I thought that AI wanted a young teen singer to go along with that group that is so popular today. They have not had great success with some of their recent winners so this was a shift in their thinking. By the sight of the young girls showing up for SM's homecoming, AI moved in the right direction.

The kid certainly was the perfect choice--- cute but not threateningly handsome, All-American background with strong famly values, amazingly mature ( that was an unexpected bonus as you can't fake that) and he can sing enough to get by.

The AI marketing/ publicity department will go all out with SM....hope it all works out.

Quote Originally Posted by pillbeam View Post
    Actually, there are many superstars who have been accused, countless times, of being arrogant: Just to name a few: Frank Sinatra, Barbra Streisand, James Taylor, John Mayer, various rappers. etc. etc....You do not have pass a "niceness" test to succeed in show business. You do have to pass a "personality" test......That is you have to have a personality in order to succeed. Lauren, our Stepford teen, seems to lack any depth or feeling in her performances. That's going to hurt her more than her crying jags. Scotty is loaded with personality, that's why he's going to win.
    --
    --
    Amy Grant once took a song to James & asked him to do a duet with her, he declined saying the song sucked. She had written the thing. That'll make a person feel good eh?

+ Reply to Thread